Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I hate both of Walls fast breaks recently. That behind the back trash with the game on the line was stupid. The previous where he fell down Crawford was trailing by himself and Wall challenges three defenders instead.
Don't forget the beeline from the half court line right into the chest of Favors.

Thoroughly unimpressed with John so far.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

Emeka, ****ing quit the game. These players are dumber than a box of rocks. Why do I waste my time.

Wizards need another guy to take over when the other guys aren't. That's a hell of a comeback, but they just showed we need more to pull it off and take the win. Some of the guys will get better, I do believe that. A lot of mad at Webster, but I really like the guy.

What radio station are you listening to? I wouldn't mind listening to the games if I can't get them to stream.

Apologies for the delayed response man.

They run the games on WJFK, 106.7. Same station that does the Nats and, I believe, possibly the Caps? Caps fans correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Anyway the color guy, Glen Consor, keeps it from being Buck and Phil levels of Goed, but he's still alright and the broadcast is quality. Unfortunately they don't stream the games live on their website (or the Nats games). I believe there is some sort of league rule about that, like you gotta buy some separate radio subscription from the NBA (or MLB) to listen to radio broadcasts online.

That said, I'm sure you could find an app that carries the station and the games.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Superset for the delayed response man.

They run the games on WJFK, 106.7. Same station that does the Nats and, I believe, possibly the Caps? Caps fans correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Anyway the color guy, Glen Consor, keeps it from being Buck and Phil levels of Goed, but he's still alright and the broadcast is quality. Unfortunately they don't stream the games live on their website (or the Nats games). I believe there is some sort of league rule about that, like you gotta buy some separate radio subscription from the NBA (or MLB) to listen to radio broadcasts online.

That said, I'm sure you could find an app that carries the station and the games.

You good, but ya, I noticed what you're talking about in it being hell to get a wizards game on the radio outside the DC area. I've seen the radio map go all the way as far south as Hatteras, but I can't get it on even intune.com. Local radio down here will play caps and nats, but tonight they had college hoops on the FM sports station (terrestrial, not internet). Going to buy a radio to see if I can listen to it on AM, but why I should have to do that, I have no idea. :doh:

No crying tonight. Good effort on the back of a 5 game western swing. Missed a ton of easy shots early and made a couple goofy plays late.

Give Utah their due...tough at home.

Smoke the Bulls on Saturday!

In the end, I'm with you. Not typo long ago we were threatening worst record in league history.

I must of gone to take a piss when the Okafor stupid play happened. I don't know what to say on that, dude just had 17 rebounds tonight. As for Wall, 14-8 and 4-4 from charity in 27 minutes. This may be a lost season for him, but I still like it when he blows by people are draws a foul. Does he do it too much, you can make the argument, but I still like that he can and does do it...

I didn't think we'd actually win going into the game...but to lose like that is unfortunate. Webster and Nene have been relatively reliable most of the year and just messed up a bit down the stretch.

WALL NEEDS TO START. We're doing him a disservice by asking him to play with Crawford and Ariza so much. They aren't exactly the best floor spreaders. Not to mention Booker isn't completely in the flow yet (Although good rebounding, we've missed that).

We drafted Beal to play WITH WALL. Randy needs to realize they mesh better. Crawford is better just ISOing himself then playing off Wall.

14-8 and only one turnover in 27 mins. Get with the program Randy.

Guys come one don't get so angry. The team is bad and is getting better and Wall has just come back, and it was the last game of a crappy road trip.

All things considered I like what we did on the road trip.

Btw if there was ever a year to trade a 1st for a very good player, its this year if at all possible (like someone who isn't old).

Start playing Wall/Beal/Crawford on the court at the same time. I barely saw Wall and Beal on the court at the same time. These lineups confuse the hell out of me most of the time.

Wall and Beal need to play together all the time now. One of the only positives to gain from this already lost season record wise is for them to develop as a back court. It should be mandated by management if the coach doesn't see this.

Wizards need another guy to take over when the other guys aren't. That's a hell of a comeback, but they just showed we need more to pull it off and take the win. Some of the guys will get better, I do believe that. A lot of mad at Webster, but I really like the guy.

I've been saying it for a long time. We need a primary scoring option. The wizards have no one that can create their own offense in that critical moment consistently. Wall has no range, none at all, and because of tht he will NEVER be that guy. He's a poor mans Rondo at times and a rich mans Rondo on occasion, that's it. Without scoring threats he's useless. Beal might one day be that guy but he looks more like an "in the flow" player to me. He oesnt put the ball on the look and dominate.

Trade whatever they have to if they can't draft a star THIS YEAR. Try to keep Beal and Wall, don't extend Wall until he either shows Max production or takes a smaller contract.

There are probably only 5 or 6 notable crunch time ISO scorers in the league right now: Durant, Carmelo, Lebron, Kobe... Wade?

Teams don't need an elite ISO scorer to handle their business in crunch time. They just need some great scoring plays they can turn to for reliable offense.

Wall is different than Rondo. Rondo used to become a crunch time liability because of his poor FT shooting. Wall is a solid FT shooter and his drive becomes a legit threat late in games with his ability to get to the rim against any D, finish through contact, dish, or get to the line and score. I think he needs to vary up his attack a little more and dish it more often because it seems like he tries to finish almost every single time now. But he'll master this eventually, often as he's trying it now.

And it's worth pointing out that Wall is showing a knack for making enormous clutch defensive plays. The block to secure the win in Denver and the strip steal and fastbreak layup come to mind. That's just within the last four games.

Beal has also shown signs of being able to score in crunch time against strong D, beat double teams and hit big shots late. He's got a versatile inside--out game that's going to be effective in 4th quarters.

I don't think we'll have access to any true star players this year. The only one who seems likely to go on the block is Dwight and that's obviously not the crunch time scorer you're talking about. Pau and Amare will probably be available too but nobody wants them. Cousins is a potential star and probably unavailable. Gay is not a star.

I want to see how the lottery shakes down. I'd probably keep the pick and use it if we end up top 3 or 4. The only guys I'd really want to trade for are Cousins or Dwight if he'd do a sign and trade long term extension.

Alex Len: 16 and 13 vs BC last night.

I missed his game, didn't realize he was playing because I couldn't find it on TV. I'm sorry to have missed it because I've been really interested in Len and wanted to see him play in another good performance. Sort of a this is what I can do when I'm on performance.

I like Len but I want to see him string together good games more consistently.

I don't want him to become just a rich man's BJ Mullens. I would like to see him find a way to make that kind of impact he had in the BC game a more regular thing.

But some of the stuff I read about his athleticism makes him so tantalizing. Growing up with a background in gymnastics at 7'1 is ridiculous. His wingspan and agility are ridiculous. Man if he had some strength on him, he could be a force.

Right now I've got him at 4 but he's a player that could climb if he puts on a big stretch run and tourney that really shows off his talents. Not so much with scoring but with rebounding and defensive play.

I'm telling you all...if the Kings/Sonics are willing to listen to any offers for Cousins, we need to throw in our 2013 pick UNPROTECTED. If not that, let's get a three team deal going and try something to bring in Kevin Love or Dwight Howard (assuming he'd re-up). Those are the only 3 guys (who may be available) that I'd give up our pick completely unprotected for. I wouldn't do it for Rudy Gay, Pau gasol, or anyone else along those lines. Let's hit a home run via trade and REALLY shake up this franchise for the better.

*Wall/Beal OFF limits.