Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What are your thoughts on Henderson? Short, explosive guards scare me with their injury potential.

I'd rather see Miller drafted. These guys shooting under 30% are a worry. But, dude seems to get the basket at will and whomever the FO goes after, I'm trusting them until proven we can't. Best FO on paper we've had in my life. 

• Thumb up 3

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'd rather see Miller drafted. These guys shooting under 30% are a worry. But, dude seems to get the basket at will and whomever the FO goes after, I'm trusting them until proven we can't. Best FO on paper we've had in my life. 

Miller’s got that killer instinct. Though he tends to pass it off for someone else to take the shot.

It’s hard for me to get past that. It’d be much easier to root for one of the Thompsons. 

41 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Miller’s got that killer instinct. Though he tends to pass it off for someone else to take the shot.

It’s hard for me to get past that. It’d be much easier to root for one of the Thompsons. 

No pun intended...allegedly...

Despite my reservations about Miller's character we know the kid can ball. I am conflicted but if we end up with 3 and draft him I will reluctantly bandwagon.

And another thing. Ted was supposed to be content with mid teams. But this team is just blowing it up. The signal is clear. The Wiz are blowing it up. Winger has a vision and is allowed to execute it. And for those that complained that Ted just wanted play in teams there you go. We have higher aspirations now.

I thought the whole thing was a pun.  It's clear that Miller or Scoot are the next best two prospects. Frankly, the Miller stuff is concerning and I would prefer Scoot.  

But Miller does have the talent to warrant the next grade.

If interested in a rebuild - going with the 3rd best prospect - jump into it verses KP and 8th best.  I don't think I should have a bias towards preferencing KP and the #8... so yeah.  Shut my eyes and let's just got with the next best prospect.  Play our vets to feature them at the trade deadline.  It's going to be a couple to 3 years until we should expect anything.

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

What the.... that's all the Wizards can get for Beal?  Like a couple lottery tickets for a Jokic 2nd rounder, a 48 year old point guard and not even a young stud of a player?  Just a bang average replacement player?

They had no choice after what Ted/Tommy did last year. Beal obviously said only the Suns and they had to keep Ayton. He had all the cards and played the them to the max.

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

What the.... that's all the Wizards can get for Beal?  Like a couple lottery tickets for a Jokic 2nd rounder, a 48 year old point guard and not even a young stud of a player?  Just a bang average replacement player?

Beal's NTC complicates things. Looks like its basically just a salary dump.

Very surprised they went with the PHX offer, kind of disappointed too. Miami had much better assets and also provide cap relief with Lowry's contract.

Edit - I also read that Beal's agent is related to the PHX organization in some way, I think the new owner? So that might be part of why this happened.

Edited by Metalhead

25 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Flip chris paul for some more picks...

Flip everyone off value for more picks. 

and you guys realize that not firing Wes wasn’t a kindness right? He’s going to coach scrubs into lottery picks and then get fired when the team feels like they should start winning. We’ve seen this play out so many times, and I always feel bad for coaches. Less bad this time, because Wes should have been fired so he’s just getting bonus years.

10 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Very surprised they went with the PHX offer, kind of disappointed too. Miami had much better assets and also provide cap relief with Lowry's contract.

Edit - I also read that Beal's agent is related to the PHX organization in some way, I think the new owner? So that might be part of why this happened.

Beal has a no trade clause. No chance the wizards chose the suns offer. Beal did. And this… 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Beal's NTC absolutely killed the Wiz today. Worst case scenario was Beal picking a team with no firsts and no young players to trade. Tommy Sheppard was one of the worst GMs in pro sports. Tommy and EG set this franchise back a decade. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Beal's NTC absolutely killed the Wiz today. Worst case scenario was Beal picking a team with no firsts and no young players to trade. Tommy Sheppard was one of the worst GMs in pro sports. Tommy and EG set this franchise back a decade. 

Yep.

"Allegedly", Brad dictated the package we received.

If that's true, dude took our money and then screwed us on the way out.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

20 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'll feel better about this if we can flip Paul for an actual asset.

getting rid of his deal would be an asset. $30M next year. What team needs a starting PG to be of his level, but are also don't need that PG to be their top star? Give us very young guys and/or late picks. Just take the deal.

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

getting rid of his deal would be an asset. $30M next year. What team needs a starting PG to be of his level, but are also don't need that PG to be their top star? Give us very young guys and/or late picks. Just take the deal.

Worst comes to worst and they can't get anything meaningful for him, he is a good guy to keep around. Look at what he did for the OKC team in the bubble - the guy is an excellent mentor