Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

40 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

👆I don’t get it.  He has a no trade clause in his contract.

The initial trade restriction is for all players that signed new contracts over the summer. Like a moratorium being lifted, regardless of individual contract language. For Beal, he has a full No-Trade Clause, meaning he would have to approve the trade that was agreed upon by the teams.

• Like 1

Excellent tank loss. Keep it going. 

5 hours ago, mhd24 said:

You think Leonsis cares?  Hasn’t shown his smug face in at least a month courtside

I don’t think Ted cares at all about the Wiz 

5 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Kuz sandwiched with Wiggins from behind, and other guy leaning the whole time into his side. But they call charge, AFTER a replay review.

League is a joke

nor does the league care about the Wiz. Totally irrelevant franchise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I knew Beal and Wall never got over their beef.  Beal wanted nothing to do with playing with  Wall anymore.  Wall was naive to think they were gonna stay together.  

Personally, I think it was more about Beal "feeling his power".

Basically, he came to view the Wizards as "his team" and didn't want to share the limelight any longer.

I just think it was a punk ass way to go about it.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

It all comes back to Beal in one way or another being one of the most unlikable stars in this franchise history.

Wall was an obvious fan favorite, and I've now come across multiple instances where either Beal couldn't care less or wasn't happy about it.

I don't believe Beal could've stopped Wall from getting traded, but he did have a chance to take less to make it make sense for Wall to come back and didn't. For me, that's how he'll be remembered, Beal got what he wanted and we have nothing to show for it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

🙄

If there was a real rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic gif, I'd post it here. Trade Rui, that's fine. Don't really care. Also don't care that Rui was supposed to be Ted's way of getting people in Japan into this team. They'll trade everyone on the roster except the guy they can't.

Rui improving his value with a great performance tonight. Really though, I wish they'd have traded Rui a season ago. In my eyes he has always been a player where his perceived value is way higher than his actual or theoretical production. Besides a modest improvement in his 3 ball he really hasn't progressed at all since he was a rookie. If anything, his defense has regressed. Despite people thinking he's some mid-range king, his shot is still way too flat and he gets zero lift. People can complain he gets iced out of the offense, but I think if he were more aggressive or consistent he would get more looks. He is the typical Wizards player of the past 15 years, looks good when he has a hot shooting night, but those are few and far between. Hopefully his value is inflated across the league because people seem to still think they can fix him and turn him into Kawhi for whatever reason.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MonkFan8 said:

Rui improving his value with a great performance tonight. Really though, I wish they'd have traded Rui a season ago. In my eyes he has always been a player where his perceived value is way higher than his actual or theoretical production. Besides a modest improvement in his 3 ball he really hasn't progressed at all since he was a rookie. If anything, his defense has regressed. Despite people thinking he's some mid-range king, his shot is still way too flat and he gets zero lift. People can complain he gets iced out of the offense, but I think if he were more aggressive or consistent he would get more looks. He is the typical Wizards player of the past 15 years, looks good when he has a hot shooting night, but those are few and far between. Hopefully his value is inflated across the league because people seem to still think they can fix him and turn him into Kawhi for whatever reason.

Wiz might get a 2028 2nd round conditional pick for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

Wiz might get a 2028 2nd round conditional pick for him. 

All the more reason to keep him instead of complaining about too much depth at forward when Kuz has already said he wants to leave.  Front Office still can't get out of its own way.

Edited by Renegade7

On 1/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, @DCGoldPants said:

God, if they could get out of his deal even if they get pennies on the dollar in a trade, and then pay Kuz to build around. That would be a nice step forward. Though, nobody trusts Sheppard and Ted to have the right scouts and draft/sign the right guys. 

Kuzma's a talent, but he's more of a compliment, rather than the alpha dog you build a team around.  He's similar to Beal in that he cant be your best player or focal point. This might be semantical, but I think you build "with" him, rather than around him.