Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 12/25/2022 at 7:36 PM, Destino said:

time to give credit where credit is due.  Deni guards the best player every night and thrives doing so.  If he can find a way to score, great, but he’s contributing despite the low scoring.

He came up big in the closing minutes tonight along with Gafford.  Embiid has 48, but the team still played some tough defense.

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

I’d trade the wiz roster for the 76ers roster immediately.

Beal with any hammy injury, so it appears. 

only player on philly i'd take is embiid

eeryone else sucks. tf did maxey do last night, or anyone other than harden and embiid?

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Chris Miller was feelin that win over Philly last night, talkin about folks need to "Fear our Mediums"...I'd get that shirt...

Good win last night, and super solid not coming apart when Beal when down.

His "no better feeling than seeing Sixers fans head for the exits" line was epic. 

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Uhh, Maxey is hurt. 

Check the Stat line they showed on the broadcast. Nobody did **** other than embiid and Harden. 

I stand by my comments. Nobody on Philly is really impressive other than embiid. It is also why Philly continues to fail very bigly in the playoffs! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

His "no better feeling than seeing Sixers fans head for the exits" line was epic. 

Check the Stat line they showed on the broadcast. Nobody did **** other than embiid and Harden. 

Why did you call out Maxey for not doing anything when you know he didn’t play?  That’s weird.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I like this version.  If the Lakers call for Beal, I’d listen.  Kuz, KP, and Rui can score enough.

hawk-eye-dont-give-me-hope.gif.7eb5240b14e0926340db00b64dd52cc0.gif

First thing is first, Kuz or somebody needs to clarify that he's opening to stay first.

If Rui finally has a month long stretch at or above 20ppg, then we talk about him as part of some big three.

Agree on trading Beal if Lakers call, even if it's to get Westbrook back because it's an expiring contract.

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

In our dreams. His no trade clause hurts. Also, I need to look it up. But I remember something about money owned immediately if he were moved. 

Post it or it didn't happen...

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

First thing is first, Kuz or somebody needs to clarify that he's opening to stay first.

If Rui finally has a month long stretch at or above 20ppg, then we talk about him as part of some big three.

Agree on trading Beal if Lakers call, even if it's to get Westbrook back because it's an expiring contract.

Wizards have Bird rights on Kuzma.

From what I’ve read, Beal has a 15% trade kicker, meaning the acquiring team pays 15% of the remaining contract…which is huge right now.  Don’t know how that impacts the cap.  I do think Beal would waive his rights to go to California.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/bradley-beals-shockingly-honest-take-on-signing-251-million-deal-with-washington?amp=1

The deal includes a player option in 2026, a no-trade clause and a 15% trade bonus should the Wizards find a way to deal his contract to another franchise.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

https://clutchpoints.com/bradley-beals-shockingly-honest-take-on-signing-251-million-deal-with-washington?amp=1

The deal includes a player option in 2026, a no-trade clause and a 15% trade bonus should the Wizards find a way to deal his contract to another franchise.

Good, I remember some back and forth on if it was the acquiring team or us who had to pay that 15%, but let it go thinking there was no way in hell we trade him anyway.

LA seems like a desperate enough team to make sure they pay the 15% to make the trade happen.

armageddon-harry-stamper.gif

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Good, I remember some back and forth on if it was the acquiring team or us who had to pay that 15%, but let it go thinking there was no way in hell we trade him anyway.

LA seems like a desperate enough team to make sure they pay the 15% to make the trade happen.

armageddon-harry-stamper.gif

I have no idea how that works. But I do believe getting a team to take him, his max deal, and cover that kicker immediately seems like a Longshot. And ****, I wouldn't care if the return sucked if it meant they kept Kuz and built around him. 

• Thumb up 1