Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Every day the magic play, and I scroll Twitter, I get angrier that we didn’t draft Bol Bol because Admiral Schofield was available.

They are teammates now. 

If Orlando wins the lottery or even gets the 2nd pick, they are going to be scary good for a while. 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:17 AM, justice98 said:

Amazing how many games are lost cuz guys can't make a free uncontested bucket.  Lost by 5, missed 11 FT.  Make your free throws.  Our top guys didn't, their top guys did.  

The lack of free throw success is a liability.

This is not a professional effort tonight.

Back to back turnovers by Beal with chance to take the lead late in the game...

Omfg...had plenty of time, didn't even bother to run and offense, jus gave the ball to Beal who bricked a game winning shot. 

Fn disgusting...cannot believe this is the supermax contract this team is built around.  Jus brutal...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Back to back turnovers by Beal with chance to take the lead late in the game...

Omfg...had plenty of time, didn't even bother to run and offense, jus gave the ball to Beal who bricked a game winning shot. 

Fn disgusting...cannot believe this is the supermax contract this team is built around.  Jus brutal...

Blame Leonsis.  This team could have unloaded Beal years ago for a boatload of picks and started the rebuild.  Instead, we are stuck in no mans land.  

26 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Blame Leonsis.  This team could have unloaded Beal years ago for a boatload of picks and started the rebuild.  Instead, we are stuck in no mans land.  

I don't even care who's fault it is anymore, we're in "now what" territory.

And now what is acknowledging that Kuzma and Unicorn are having best seasons of their individual careers, so no reason at all to let Beal be the only player to take those last three shots.  It wasn't even a question, and defense knew it, that's on Wes.

Gooden and Miller hinted that this team looked like it didn't give a **** at shoot around before the game and almost immediately started getting blown out.  This isn't Beal's team, he's not a leader, someone else needs to step up as heart and soul of this team because Beal has none.

It's debatable Beal is even best player on the team right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't even care who's fault it is anymore, we're in "now what" territory.

And now what is acknowledging that Kuzma and Unicorn are having best seasons of their individual careers, so no reason at all to let Beal be the only player to take those last three shots.  It wasn't even a question, and defense knew it, that's on Wes.

Gooden and Miller hinted that this team looked like it didn't give a **** at shoot around before the game and almost immediately started getting blown out.  This isn't Beal's team, he's not a leader, someone else needs to step up as heart and soul of this team because Beal has none.

It's debatable Beal is even best player on the team right now.

I’m not mad at that last shot, it was a good look, he just missed it.  It’s not like that cross court inbounds play from a couple weeks ago.

But yeah, they are way too sloppy and lackadaisical.  The defense will get torched for tonight, but I don’t think it was that bad.  The problem was they were awful rebounding, getting loose balls, doing the basics of blocking out.  No way they should have fallen behind to that team by 20.

And if they continue to leave points at the free throw line, they’ll continue to lose.

Nah @Ball Security that last shot is only understandable, maybe, if Beal doesnt turn the ball over the previous two times down the court where all we needed was a two to take the lead.

Its rare to have 7 footer that can hit threes and feel like we wasting him at the same time, but we are finding a way.

All the sudden I feel like hyperventilating, forgot Kuzma and Unicorn have player options same offseason 😶

Screenshot_20221202_223222_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Dude we get it.  You don’t like Leonsis.  

Dig deep and get some new material for us. If…IF, you have it in you.

• Like 2

Last year Beal was off… at least that’s what I could tell myself.  But here we are again, and he’s still a shadow of the player that came a hairs breadth of winning a scoring title.  He’s lost something since he signed that big contract, and this time we can’t blame an injury.  He’s just not the same level scoring threat.  I don’t know what happened but it’s happened.  

Trade him to Dallas.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:53 PM, Destino said:

Last year Beal was off… at least that’s what I could tell myself.  But here we are again, and he’s still a shadow of the player that came a hairs breadth of winning a scoring title.  He’s lost something since he signed that big contract, and this time we can’t blame an injury.  He’s just not the same level scoring threat.  I don’t know what happened but it’s happened.  

Trade him to Dallas.  

Beal, statistically speaking is having his best or second best season....

Not saying I wouldn't trade him but he really is having a very good year.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Beal, statistically speaking is having his best or second best season....

Not saying I wouldn't trade him but he really is having a very good year.

he’s stuffing the stat sheet, but that can’t be stopped scorers edge he had doesn’t seem to be there.  He’s just playing in the flow and can’t take over.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Destino said:

he’s stuffing the stat sheet, but that can’t be stopped scorers edge he had doesn’t seem to be there.  He’s just playing in the flow and can’t take over.  

I just think he has other scorers around him now.

Just a matter of finding the right balance.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

44 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Interesting thing to notice, and wonder if its sustainable.

After each game I look at the box score to see who did what. The phrase "everyone eats" doesn't come into play when Beal is in. I'm not blaming Beal for that. He's getting his points and while it seems he makes a similiar turnover type mistake at some ****ty times over and over. Why others can't be consistent when he's in is a problem. 

Beal has 9 TOs in what as defined as "Clutch" time. That leads the league. Apparently, he led the league in that last year too, but that would be amazing because he missed so much  time. He shouldn't have the ball in his hands the last couple minutes of the game. Run off-ball stuff to get a catch and shoot, but do not attempt to dribble. His first turnover at the end of the game Friday was really bad. Just flat out lost his dribble. 

He may put up good stats, but some guys just don't have the ability to close. 

17 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I just think he has other scorers around him now.

Just a matter of finding the right balance.

No, it's a matter how him finding losing unacceptable, and I don't sense that at all.

Beals 3pt % is below his career average, as are his rebounds. His turnovers are above career average, and he's not even close to averaging 30ppg.

I'm not buying this as one of his best seasons at all. Let alone worth supermax.

On 11/12/2022 at 11:55 PM, Hersh said:

The Wiz are better without Beal. Too bad they didn’t get assets and players for him. 

Yeah okay.

Down by like 22 going into the third after he got hurt in the first couple of minutes.

And he f'd up my god damn parlay.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah okay.

Down by like 22 going into the third after he got hurt in the first couple of minutes.

They would get blown out even with him, the better he plays the more others defer, but he isn't scoring enough to win games by himself nor when it matters in close games.

I'd trade picks to jus to get out of the contract if anyone is serious. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yeah okay.

On Friday, they were down 22 in the 3rd against Charlotte with Beal. Waste of $250 mill

• Thanks 1