Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 1/19/2023 at 11:30 AM, Hersh said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-fire-sale-is-looming-and-tommy-sheppards-seat/id1501234915?i=1000595336743

Given Rui knows he's gone, either don't play the guy or trade him immediately. The last ten minutes or so really get into Tommy Sheppard. He's pretty much exactly what all Wiz fans know. Hopefully he really is on the hot seat. 

Yeah, that didn't put Tommy in the best light...or Beal for that matter.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good game tonight, and Rui lead the team with 30.

He seems to feel unwanted here, which is so whack given Kuz is the one that's getting all the noise about wanting out of here.

Trade value up at least. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Trade value up at least. 

He's gonna go to another franchise, be an all-star, and his first interview after that will be him saying he's happy he feels wanted and the impact it had on whatever it is he's going through from a mental health standpoint.

In the meantime, Kuz will have been left via free agency and Beal will be in his mid-30s making $50 million a year missing 4-5 games at a time with a sore taint.

At least that's what my magic 8 ball says...so could be wrong...

8ballanswer.gif

• Haha 3

The thing that kills me most about this is every time I read about trading Rui, the logic comes back to having too much at forward and wanting to keep Kuz.

News Flash: Kuz wants to leave and there's nothing we can do to stop him.

This reminds me of when our strength was at SF and all the sudden all of them were gone and it was overnight a weakness. We don't know what we doing regarding team building, Rui can easily be a piece that helps and at a price that doesn't hurt.

Keep playing games, Rui and Kuz could be gone with Unicorn saying "screw this" and exercise his player option to get out as well same time.  All the sudden our strength of our team, or front court, gets nuked in one offseason.

And Beal could care less...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Absolute garbage trade. 2nd rounders are worth essentially nothing in the NBA they're like 7th rounders in NFL.

Not necessarily.  The Blazers got Jerami Grant with an extra 1st and three 2nds.  Now, we dont have any extra 1sts to package these 2nds with right now, but in a vacuum, they can be useful.  We need draft assets of any kind.  

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Seems like a pretty meh trade.  Chances are we weren't going to keep Rui anyway, just wish we got something more for him, at least one first rounder.

But why do people think Rui has  that kind of value?  Fact is, he simply doesn't.  

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Not necessarily.  The Blazers got Jerami Grant with an extra 1st and three 2nds.  Now, we dont have any extra 1sts to package these 2nds with right now, but in a vacuum, they can be useful.  We need draft assets of any kind.  

But why do people think Rui has  that kind of value?  Fact is, he simply doesn't.  

I don't think Rui is some great player or anything, but we got little to no return.  Nunn will be gone after this year, and two of the second-round picks are in 2028 and 2029.  The short-term prospects are bleak.  Hachimura is 24 years old (soon to be 25) and has showed flashes of playing very well, including recently.  I don't think a mid-round first would have been out of the question, which is what the Lakers would have been.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I don't think Rui is some great player or anything, but we got little to no return.  Nunn will be gone after this year, and two of the second-round picks are in 2028 and 2029.  The short-term prospects are bleak.  Hachimura is 24 years old (soon to be 25) and has showed flashes of playing very well, including recently.  I don't think a mid-round first would have been out of the question, which is what the Lakers would have been.

A mid-first for a rotational player?  That was absolutely out of the question, IMO.  I dont think Sheppard declined a first if anybody was offering that.  I highly doubt anybody even thought of offering that.  

Edited by justice98