Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Maybe give McCollough some run during minutes that matter? Long and very athletic. Can't be any worse than Morris.

Isn't he in the g league now?

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Grunfeld needs to find a way to upgrade the 4/5 on this team ASAP. 

Isn't that what Wizards fans have been saying virtually the entire time he's been GM?  I feel like we've been looking for a young 5/4 forever.  It's been a steady stream of over priced vets starting at either position that breakdown much sooner than their contracts expire.  And those are the good years.  Lots of bums and wasted picks too.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Isn't that what Wizards fans have been saying virtually the entire time he's been GM?  I feel like we've been looking for a young 5/4 forever.  It's been a steady stream of over priced vets starting at either position that breakdown much sooner than their contracts expire.  And those are the good years.  Lots of bums and wasted picks too.  

Correct. Part of the reason I don't get too high on the Wizards. I know they won't win anything with merely a high caliber backcourt. 

• Like 1

This is embarrassing.  In the 28 years of Hornets / Bobcats / Hornets basketball no team has ever allowed 77 points in one half.  Until last night.  Hey guys, defense is not optional ya know?  133 points was the most the Bullets have given up all season.  You know when MKD has 21 points it’s your night. 

It was kinda funny how they tried to punk Dwight Howard near the end of the game though.  And of course that backfired too.      

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Ok. Seems like we're about to shake up the starting lineup/rotation...so what are your moves?

Might consider starting a small ball line up. Not sure who would run the 5 in that situation as I feel like the idea guy on our squad is Morris but hes ****ing up. Defiantly need to get the young 4 some burn though. Alot of burn. I want to see if he can stand out if put in a spot to do so. 

11 hours ago, Destino said:

Just think.... somehow Wes Unseld traded away Webber, Rasheed and Ben Wallace. 

Kept Juwan.

And yup, Juwan's the last 4 or 5 this franchise's seen that was any good. That was almost 20 years ago. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Correct. Part of the reason I don't get too high on the Wizards. I know they won't win anything with merely a high caliber backcourt. 

Nobody on the entire roster has ever had any real success.  They dont know how to be great.  Mahinmi was a rookie on the Spurs team when they lost to the Lakers in the WCF.  That's the extent of it.  But he sucks tho.

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Nobody on the entire roster has ever had any real success.  They dont know how to be great.  Mahinmi was a rookie on the Spurs team when they lost to the Lakers in the WCF.  That's the extent of it.  But he sucks tho.

Wasn't he on the mavs championship team?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wasn't he on the mavs championship team?

Yeah.  And he was Hibbert's back up on some good Indy teams.

Mahinmi is clumsy and can't shoot but he knows how to play.  He was a six win share player his final season in Indy.  That's not world beater, but it's solid production for a starter.  I now doubt whether we'll ever get that guy.  He's blocked by Gortat and disrupted by injuries.

6 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Ok. Seems like we're about to shake up the starting lineup/rotation...so what are your moves?

Honestly the more I think about I bench the whole starting 5. Make em come off the bench and think about how much they ****ing suck. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Its honestly stressful to watch. With the redskins you have no expectations. Capitals do this in playoffs. Wizards had sky high expectations. They were supposed to win the east this year. What happened? Do you know how embarrassing this is? Do you know the cavs with all their struggled would still sweep the wizards? What's ****ing going on? Any wizard fan should be furious. There is nothing positive about this. They were supposed to be elite they not. Don't tell me this wasn't the year. Don't give me that blasphemy. Cleveland lost kyrie. 

• Like 1

Facts are facts. This team as of right now will get knocked out in the first round. We have one guy on the retirement watch list talking about finishing out his career with a team where he spent most of his time being Dwight Howard's **** boy. Another never came back from his offseason surgery. Another is injured and phased out of the offense... Which is iso-4. And the other two starters aren't good enough on D to overcome the ridiculously bad front court. John Wall is our best interior defense. Think about that. Otto Porter is our most physical rebounder! Things have to change. 

Oubre, Scott, And Marcin should be shopped. I dunno if it could net us a good center, but it's our only hope really. Because unless we get a 5 that can defend the paint and get rebounds, we are done. We don't have the skill to beat Lebron or Boston, and the other seeds are all ridiculous on the inside. ( MIL, MIA, PHI) The best we could hope for is IND or TOR in the first found, and even then I think we get embarrassed. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wat?

Didn't you see them talk all offseason about how they the best? Even people in this forum believed they could do it. They thought this team could build on last year's success. 

They return the same team and somehow do worse. I just don't understand. 

• Haha 1