Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Wonder how much the Irving news helped this. Knowing that the Cavs are gonna lose him and possibly Bron really changes the floor. 

I don't think it played a role for John.  This is about money and career stability.

Wall walking away from so much money would have been completely unprecedented.  No one has even come close to leaving 50 million on the table.  Dwight walked away from about 30 million when he left LA for Houston (before taxes, would have been about 22 after because Texas doesn't have state income taxes and California has high state income taxes).  But that ended poorly for him, and no one else has come close to walking away from what he did.

I think Wall was always going to sign, he'd have been crazy not to.  But he held out for a bit in order to make sure we matched on Otto and to try and get us to deal for Paul George IMO.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Hey Tim, if Cousins wants to come here in free agency--enough to force the Pelicans to trade him here--then why in the ever living **** would we give away Otto Porter to get him?

I think Oubre/Gortat/draft picks gets it done. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Everybody comes off the books in 2019 except for the Big 3, Oubre and Mahinmi.  Tons of expirings to work with in 2018.

#trusttheErnie

Ernie sucks but it would be such a fitting end to the DC sports curse for him to be the GM of the team that finally breaks through and wins a ring or at the very least gets to its league's final four for the first time in 20 years(will be 20 years in 2018).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Like Chad Flukes knows jack **** about DC sports. Maybe if Bryce throws on a luchadores mask and a cowboy hat and starts doing MMA training while carrying around an assault rifle (totally not compensating for anything Chad) he'd actually pay attention. 

So disappointed anyone posted him here, let alone my boy Brave. Come on man.  **** that titty-jobbed ****. Jim Vance dying instead of Chad Flukes is proof that there's no God. And yes, it's personal. 

So anyway...deep breaths, I'm calm...no lie I had a dream last night that we traded Wall for Kyrie. I swear it woke me up too like some nightmare. Laying there in the dark, half awake thinking about it, I just got this sick feeling like Ernie was going to do. I don't remember what the thought process was but I somehow figured out why it was an "Ernie move". Then darkness. So great to get this news today instead. 

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Everybody comes off the books in 2019 except for the Big 3, Oubre and Mahinmi.  Tons of expirings to work with in 2018.

#trusttheErnie

Lmao. I still have In Ernie We Trust ES sigs from back at height of the Big 3. When we still posted in the basketball section on here. Hold on let me look for them... 

• Like 1