Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Boston was a much better fit for his family. Huge Dominican community and his wife is from there. Better game atmosphere. Bigger fan base. Good front office.

But if he wants to go deep in the playoffs, I think he's foolish for choosing Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder over Wall and Beal.

• Like 2

It wouldn't surprise me if a year or two from now. An article is written on the failed KD2DC campaign. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out the disrespect they paid to the players on the team in the last two years, and the obvious telegraphed approach to getting KD, including nearly tampering caused the players to collectively to not really consider playing here.

If they did regional 30 for 30s, where it was stories just of interest to the local market, the KD2DC fiasco might be a good one.

Seems like a big chance at this rate. Or Sullinger or somebody like that that hasnt been on the radar.

Sully is an interesting name. Signing him would make some lemonade out of lemons. I've always liked his game and I think that if the lightbulb turns on for him and he gets himself into shape, he could have a lot of untapped potential.

We need a young big that is in the same career window as Wall and Beal.

Dudley walking is a very underrated loss. Especially in light of the empty hole free agency has been.

We don't have the defensive super rebounding center needed to hide him.  Dudley is good on the offensive end but he can't defend a big and he can barely box out anyone.  He's a hard guy to play a lot of minutes with the Wizards roster, and in the playoffs he'd be abused the moment he stepped onto the court.  I expected him to go. 

its going to be funny to see how the Wizards try and switch the narrative on this free agency class. Spend 2 years telling your fans to wait until the summer of 2016, then missing out on all free agents of note is a failure, especially since you could only get a meeting with one of them.  

Wall said he wanted another star, barring a trade, it ain't gonna happen now.

So is there any chance Grunfeld trots out Sato as our big acquisition when he finishes missing on the scraps?

i'm going to jail if that happens, but at least you guys wouldn't have to deal with Grunfeld anymore

• Like 1

Personally, I think our starting lineup is solid.

Just take that 30m cap space and build a super strong bench.

I do believe we don't really know what we have because the player development team has been so terrible here. Seriously, changing the coach staff alone makes this a playoff team. Better then Cleveland? We gonna have to prove that.

• Like 1

Legion Hoops
‏@LegionHoops
Ian Mahinmi has reached an agreement with the Wizards.

our troubles are over

Shams CharaniaVerified account
‏@ShamsCharania
Free agent Ian Mahinmi has agreed to a four year, $64M deal with Washington, league source tells The Vertical.

my god man

16 mil on a back up center

Gortat must be on the move

Exhibit zz on why I literally laugh in the face of anyone who says Ted should buy the Redskins.

Be careful what you wish for.

Not a basketball fan at all, I don't even keep a full eye on the Wiz... but I've done my time with Ted and his GMs on the Caps side of the business.

Who the **** is Ian Mahimi?

Man, I feel bad for John Wall.  I really like that dude, I think he plays hard, seems like a class act.  He's going to waste his career here, he deserves so much better.

he'll be a free agent at the age of 28, he's gone

Mahinmi is no Gortat in PnR, but he's pretty good. 1.13 ppp in PnR last season vs Gortat's 1.21...better than Drummond, Dwight, AD...

To clarify, by no Gortat, I mean that Gortat is one of the better big men at layups in the league (66.4% last season)

Mahinmi was also a better rim protector last year than Boogie, Gortat, Drummond, Chandler...about on par with Dwight, Towns, and Horford

But if he wants to go deep in the playoffs, I think he's foolish for choosing Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder over Wall and Beal.

So when was this "deep" run in the playoffs that Wall and Beal made?  I must've been in a coma.

Yeah so we basically are a fringe 8 seed team this season unless we make a big move. Disappointing.

The only thing we are going to be "fringe" of, is whether or not we get the #1 overall pick.  Of course the roster could change between now and  opening night, but this roster right now would be lucky not to finish dead last in the conference.