Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONFIRMED - Carlos Rodgers in post-Dallas game medical evaluation (joke thread, MET)

petey hodge

Guess what, Carlos aint Hall, but that don't mean that we don't have an excellent tandum.

Put Los on the opposite team's best WR, and let Hall make interceptions all night covering the #2 guy.

I cant wait to see Barnes break into the mix, and have a sneaky suspicion that he is going to wind up starting here for a long long time.

Hall just jumped way way way up in my estimation with that awesome play to end the 2nd half last night.

IMHO Carlos SHOULD have caught that ball, but in no way would have that cost us the game had we lost.

If we had lost, the same guys calling Shanny Brilliant, would have had a field day ripping his decision to go for the TD instead of declining the penalty and taking the 3pts.

But I am not trying to hijack this thread.....

Me too. And that scares me.

However, with more passes coming his way, maybe he finds his fingers??

They can throw atCarlos all game if they want. Im fine with that.

Yes, its true Carlos has hands like feet... he just cant catch. However, he defends the ball on almost every pass that comes his way. I see him a s a really talanted Parapalegic, with no hands at all, just two nubbs that he plays with and swats balls with. He can cover, he just cant catch. I wonder if his dad got frustrated out in the yard with him when he was growing up.... "come on los, justkeep your eye on the ball and wrap your hands around it" :::hits him in the eye:::

He has the skill set of a parapalegic Champ Baily.

Can we please stop acting like this is a new thing? We have known throughout Los' entire career that he is a corner who is solid in coverage and tackling but can't catch anything. There's no way in hell I would've skewered him for botching that catch if we lost the game.

You guys need to stop thinking CBs need to be gods. You do the same with D'Hall when he misses one or two tackles that don't help us in the long run. CBs have certain skill sets, and ours utilize theirs pretty well. Carlos covers and D'Hall makes plays. Both did what they were supposed to pretty well last night, if you ask me.

I know 'Los has a problem hanging onto the ball, but I'll forgive him for that one because that would've been a circus catch and the way hit hit the ground might have jarred the ball anyway.

People keep criticizing 'Los for his hands and rightfully so, but the guy is one helluva corner and under-rated by many 'skins fans.

I will take his above average coverage skills over a guy who catches everything and can't cover worth a damn (D Hall) every day of the week.

Well, the guy who can't cover worth a damn (D Hall) made the play that won the game and the guy with above average cover skills (Carlos Rogers) made the play that almost lost the game.

Might wanna rethink that comparison...

needs to talk to alex barron. that guy can hold onto ANYTHING

Best post in the thread right here.

This post is PG, so children can partake.

Carlos,

Make a window man. Just make a gosh darn window, catch the darn ball and don't let the other team off the hook when they try to give us the darn game. Here's how you make a window.

1. Put your two hands up, side by side like you're going to CATCH a ball.

2. Touch your thumbs at the tips.

3. Touch your index fingers at the tips.

4. Extend your thumbs down, so there's a window between your two hands.

5. Watch the ball go into the window.

6. CATCH THE GOSH DARN BALL, CARLOS

How good would that guy be if he could catch?

Someone made a pretty good point that maybe Carlos should look into contacts or glasses or lasik. It looks like he's not judging the ball properly. Even though he didn't catch that pass I thought he was solid on D for most of the game.

Ehhh. Most of us just raise our hands to catch the ball. He just doesn't have that natural ability. Given that, he needs to focus on technique. That attempt last night reminded me of my 3 year old daughter trying to catch a ball from 15 feet away. It was very poor.

after watching the slo mo replay it looked like he did not even try to catch the ball. he simply extended his hands of stone to block bat the ball down. he made no effort to grab the football what-so-ever. the ball just bounced off his hands like it hit a brick wall. he has got to be one of the worst db's in the no football catching category.

he did break up some plays and did not see him quite on any plays so overall his play was medium.

Aside from the lack of the catch, how high up in the air do you think he was?

Man, he LIFTED!

That was a hell of a leap

~Bang

Yeah, it was. I think that's partly what caused him to not make the catch. I bet he was worried about the re-entry into the atmosphere. And while not a total excuse for our stonehands CB, I did notice on replay that the ball was a duck coming in wobbling all over the place. That can be tough to snag with hands only while flying high in the air.

Archived