Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONFIRMED - Carlos Rodgers in post-Dallas game medical evaluation (joke thread, MET)

petey hodge

he has bad hands yes ... but he was so elevated on that play, sure an elite corner would have caught it, but he's not elite. i don't think we should kill him for that play, that was tough. some of you can't climb the stairs at your job to your cubicles, and you are getting on Los for not catching that ...

damnit! this response was perfect in every single way

watch his head. he was looking at the receiver.

the ball hitting him square on surprised the hell out of him.

Yeah, no way was Landry even expecting that ball to get to him. Laron was just being himself and looking for the big hit.

As for Carlos, well we've known about his terrible hands for years upon years. You would figure it would be something he would work on during the offseason .

Los & D Hall give us one of the top cover corner tandems in the NFL, I would say definitely top 10 if not top 5. Los is the better cover man of the two but has stone hands and just doesn't make interceptions. That doesn't mean he doesn't make big plays though, one of the reasons you dont hear much about Los during games is because he blankets receivers so well they almost always go to Hall's way or into the slot. Los is almost invaluable to this team and as we progress through this season and he plays well I hope Bruce has enough foresight to give him a long term deal and keep him in B&G for the rest of his career, we could be much worse off than having Los on this team even if he never develops into a int machine.

Confirmed: You call yourself a fan and have more than 1000 posts on this site, but don't acknowledge the well-known joke: There is no "D" in Rogers.

And you're 100% sure that the OP didn't make a mistake? Joke is old and stale as well. Carlos has plenty of "D". Just can't catch the damn ball. I suppose that's as bad as him not being in position in the first place to even have a chance to make that play, right? :rolleyes:

totally ... he sucks at catching, no argument. people are just piling on at this point.

Oh come on we've always been consistent in our critique of Carlos, and he's always been consistent with his play just like last night...a player who continually proves that he's a delightfully below average player. We need a premier corner, Carlos is not it.

I know we joke about his hands of stone, but that potential interception would have been a very hard catch. He was stretched and fully extended in the air with contact. If he would have held on to it, it would have been a great play. This is one drop that I won't criticize Rodgers over.

Please for the love of God stop defending a man that obviously cannot catch, ever. I make that catch, and so do a lot of other guys. In fact, his drop almost cost us the game as it would have ended the Cowboys chances. Romo sits to pee threw up a prayer over there almost as if he knew it was safe to throw a duck to Carlos.

I think saying "It was a touch catch"(it wasn't that tough) only works for the first dozen times he drops a ball. After drop number 30 I don't think the excuse is valid anymore.

Archived