Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Fantasy Sharks.com: Skins will beat Dallas...however not all is good

Wyndorf25

First Month's Predictions: Part 1

Aug 28, 2010

[/url] | More

First Month's Predictions: Part 1 (of 3)

If Donovan McNabb is healthy, the Washington Redskins will upset the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1

Put me in the group that has the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl this year. I’m still standing by my remarkably unsexy Cowboys over Ravens Super Bowl prediction. On the other hand, the Cowboys haven’t really looked that good in the preseason, have they? For the Hall of Fame game they were able to sustain a couple long drives, but repeatedly had problems getting into the end zone. In the second preseason game Tony Romo sits to pee went 4-for-11 for 30 yards with one touchdown and an interception.

The Cowboys’ biggest offseason move was drafting Dez Bryant and he’s been injured for almost all of training camp and has yet to play in the preseason. Look, I understand it’s just the preseason. I’m not saying the Cowboys are going to disappoint this year, but it looks like, at least for the start of the season, there will be some growing pains.

And, that’s exactly where the Redskins will find the vulnerable Cowboys, at the start of the season, in Washington, against a hungry Redskins squad that wants to start the McNabb era on a victorious note. The Redskins always play the Cowboys tough. Even last year, when the Redskins were historically terrible, I’m talking about got-beat-by-the-Lions terrible, they still managed to only lose to the Cowboys 7-6 in one of the games they played.

If you look at the recent history of this rivalry, both teams have split the series every year for each of the last three seasons, and in 2005 the Redskins swept the Cowboys. I think this year will be no different. The Redskins will upset a Dallas team that’s still figuring out how to score and then get promptly beaten by the Cowboys later in the season when Bryant is more comfortable in the offense and McNabb is probably less healthy.

How does this affect you from a fantasy football perspective? If you’re an owner of the Cowboys’ players, don’t panic. It’s just one game. The next two games on the schedule for Dallas are Chicago and Houston, two potential shootouts which will get you boatloads of fantasy points for all Dallas players involved. Dallas’ best days are ahead of them. You’ll just have to wait til week 2 to see them.

While the Cowboys’ loss will be overrated in its importance, the Redskins' victory will start a very up and down season for them. For Redskins' fantasy owners, specifically owners of McNabb, Santana Moss and Chris Cooley, the first month is going to be a dream come true. We’re talking about high-scoring shootouts with the Texans and Philadelphia Eagles plus a massive beatdown against the hapless St. Louis Rams.

The defeat of the Cowboys and the subsequent month of fantasy goodness will make owners regret passing on the Redskins during the draft. Unfortunately, it will all come to an end whenever McNabb gets hurt and every Redskin fantasy player plummets in value.

And, make no mistake about it, McNabb will get hurt. It happens nearly every year. The only question is when. When will ‘Sexy’ Rexy Grossman take over as the Redskins' new quarterback and start the turnover-a-thon he’s known for?

That’s why I’m advising owners not to get sucked into the early Redskins' hype. After that first month is finished and all of the Redskins are at their highest value and everybody’s healthy, that’s when you trade them. I’m calling them the “Sell High Skins” this year. They will be one of the early season’s success stories but it will be up to clever owners to fully take advantage of it … before disaster strikes and ‘Sexy Rexy’ becomes the starter.

I agree...however, I do believe the Skins fortunes hinge upon McNabb's health. While i don't think Grossman is a complete loss, McNabb represents what the Skins' want to do on offense in Kyle Shannahans' system. I just hope McNabb is healthy for the Dallas game...

The cowboys are the favorites to win the super bowl? why? Because it just happens to be in cowboys stadium this season? Ravens? lol, wow what a fun season this will be. Make sure not to close this thread. We will need to make a trip back here later in the season.

* I’m not saying the Cowboys are going to disappoint this year, but it looks like, at least for the start of the season, there will be some growing pains.

*The Redskins will upset a Dallas team that’s still figuring out how to score

This guy is talking like its the cowboys who just changed their organization from top to bottom.

First Month's Predictions: Part 1

Aug 28, 2010

| More

First Month's Predictions: Part 1 (of 3)

If Donovan McNabb is healthy, the Washington Redskins will upset the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1

Put me in the group that has the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl this year. I’m still standing by my remarkably unsexy Cowboys over Ravens Super Bowl prediction. On the other hand, the Cowboys haven’t really looked that good in the preseason, have they? For the Hall of Fame game they were able to sustain a couple long drives, but repeatedly had problems getting into the end zone. In the second preseason game Tony Romo sits to pee went 4-for-11 for 30 yards with one touchdown and an interception.

The Cowboys’ biggest offseason move was drafting Dez Bryant and he’s been injured for almost all of training camp and has yet to play in the preseason. Look, I understand it’s just the preseason. I’m not saying the Cowboys are going to disappoint this year, but it looks like, at least for the start of the season, there will be some growing pains.

And, that’s exactly where the Redskins will find the vulnerable Cowboys, at the start of the season, in Washington, against a hungry Redskins squad that wants to start the McNabb era on a victorious note. The Redskins always play the Cowboys tough. Even last year, when the Redskins were historically terrible, I’m talking about got-beat-by-the-Lions terrible, they still managed to only lose to the Cowboys 7-6 in one of the games they played.

If you look at the recent history of this rivalry, both teams have split the series every year for each of the last three seasons, and in 2005 the Redskins swept the Cowboys. I think this year will be no different. The Redskins will upset a Dallas team that’s still figuring out how to score and then get promptly beaten by the Cowboys later in the season when Bryant is more comfortable in the offense and McNabb is probably less healthy.

How does this affect you from a fantasy football perspective? If you’re an owner of the Cowboys’ players, don’t panic. It’s just one game. The next two games on the schedule for Dallas are Chicago and Houston, two potential shootouts which will get you boatloads of fantasy points for all Dallas players involved. Dallas’ best days are ahead of them. You’ll just have to wait til week 2 to see them.

While the Cowboys’ loss will be overrated in its importance, the Redskins' victory will start a very up and down season for them. For Redskins' fantasy owners, specifically owners of McNabb, Santana Moss and Chris Cooley, the first month is going to be a dream come true. We’re talking about high-scoring shootouts with the Texans and Philadelphia Eagles plus a massive beatdown against the hapless St. Louis Rams.

The defeat of the Cowboys and the subsequent month of fantasy goodness will make owners regret passing on the Redskins during the draft. Unfortunately, it will all come to an end whenever McNabb gets hurt and every Redskin fantasy player plummets in value.

And, make no mistake about it, McNabb will get hurt. It happens nearly every year. The only question is when. When will ‘Sexy’ Rexy Grossman take over as the Redskins' new quarterback and start the turnover-a-thon he’s known for?

That’s why I’m advising owners not to get sucked into the early Redskins' hype. After that first month is finished and all of the Redskins are at their highest value and everybody’s healthy, that’s when you trade them. I’m calling them the “Sell High Skins” this year. They will be one of the early season’s success stories but it will be up to clever owners to fully take advantage of it … before disaster strikes and ‘Sexy Rexy’ becomes the starter.

Really? You've had the same Head Coach, same OC, same QB and no drastic roster changes for 3 SEASONS. What growing pains? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all off-season.

What Redskins hype in the preseason?

We blew out the Bills. We got blown out by the Black Birds. We won an ugly game against the Rockets (my 5 year old called them that).

What hype?

For that matter someone please hang me by my toes and let African killer ants feast on me in the desert sun if this years SuperBowl features the Pukes and Edgar Allen Poes drunken nightmare. I could not stand that

As for McNabb getting hurt, sure it could happen but don't talk about someone's health like its a forgone conclusion. That's pretty morbid.

This is Fantasy Football Predictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy

Wikipedia: Fantasy is a genre that uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, and/or setting.

Although this assessment is based on pure fantasy, the scenario with regards to a veteran QB in today's NFL sustaining an injury that will have him miss a start appears likely, there are currently similar OL's protecting older QB's with longer starting streaks then ever!

Payton Manning and Brett Favre are protected by very similar OL's just like the Skins of 2010. To sustain the full duration of the NFL season without an injury to your QB requires above average protection and YES, the 2010 Skins are not getting credit for their pass protection this year.

It would be less fantasy and more accurate at this point to finger the Cowgirls as a dysfunctional OL group and the likelihood that Jon Kitna will see playing time than Sexy Rexy! One further than that and a more honest prediction would be to point out that in weeks 2 and 3, that the Cowgirls will be without Romo sits to pee and be sitting 0-1 with their best bet going into week 2 with Kitna/Austin as their leaders. Better advice to Romo sits to pee owners would have been to be sure and pick up Kitna if you're going to draft Romo sits to pee as the Cowgirls OL is in shambles and without any depth, inside out.

Media bias is alive and full this Preseason. Nothing has changed and nothing will until the Skins have placed another Lombardy Trophy.

Here's a better assessment...

2010 Skins look markedly improved going into the regular season. The OL is protecting above average and the switch to the 3-4 D has been yielding the turnovers that prompted the switch.

2010 Cowgirls look tired and out of sync. The long preseason on a veteran team that made little change has worked to be counterproductive and served to demotivate a team that seems to have depth issues going into the regular season.

Redskins will be fine right out the gate with a rested motivated and full roster of hungry teammates. The Shanahan Era will have started and continue to increase momentum with each victory.

HTTR!!!

This is Fantasy Football Predictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy

Wikipedia: Fantasy is a genre that uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, and/or setting.

Although this assessment is based on pure fantasy, the scenario with regards to a veteran QB in today's NFL sustaining an injury that will have him miss a start appears likely, there are currently similar OL's protecting older QB's with longer starting streaks then ever!

Payton Manning and Brett Favre are protected by very similar OL's just like the Skins of 2010. To sustain the full duration of the NFL season without an injury to your QB requires above average protection and YES, the 2010 Skins are not getting credit for their pass protection this year.

It would be less fantasy and more accurate at this point to finger the Cowgirls as a dysfunctional OL group and the likelihood that Jon Kitna will see playing time than Sexy Rexy! One further than that and a more honest prediction would be to point out that in weeks 2 and 3, that the Cowgirls will be without Romo sits to pee and be sitting 0-1 with their best bet going into week 2 with Kitna/Austin as their leaders. Better advice to Romo sits to pee owners would have been to be sure and pick up Kitna if you're going to draft Romo sits to pee as the Cowgirls OL is in shambles and without any depth, inside out.

Media bias is alive and full this Preseason. Nothing has changed and nothing will until the Skins have placed another Lombardy Trophy.

Here's a better assessment...

2010 Skins look markedly improved going into the regular season. The OL is protecting above average and the switch to the 3-4 D has been yielding the turnovers that prompted the switch.

2010 Cowgirls look tired and out of sync. The long preseason on a veteran team that made little change has worked to be counterproductive and served to demotivate a team that seems to have depth issues going into the regular season.

Redskins will be fine right out the gate with a rested motivated and full roster of hungry teammates. The Shanahan Era will have started and continue to increase momentum with each victory.

HTTR!!!

You're putting waaaay too much stock in preseason games...

Week 1 is a 50/50 game... If it were last year, I would say Dallas had a 66% chance of winning, so I do recognize the Skins' improvement... But almost none of that is based on how either team has looked in preseason!

As for the preseason, Dallas has looked out of sync, but guess what, that can change from week to week... As for the Skins, they haven't looked all that great either, nor have the Giants, nor the Eagles...So I guess what has been probably the best division in football has suddenly become the worst, or maybe you just shouldn't read too much into preseason games...

Btw, the Skins have a good chance at winning a "Lombardy" this season, but they have no shot at hoisting a Lombardi... (I know we all make errors, but I thought that one was kinda funny... Do you deserve to win a Lombardi, if you can't even spell Lombardi? j/k though...)

Really? You've had the same Head Coach, same OC, same QB and no drastic roster changes for 3 SEASONS. What growing pains? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all off-season.

Yeah I caught that too when reading this article. Please give me a break, there should be no excuses for the Cowboys this year. They should already be grown since they are in "perfect" position to win the Super Bowl.

Yeah I caught that too when reading this article. Please give me a break, there should be no excuses for the Cowboys this year. They should already be grown since they are in "perfect" position to win the Super Bowl.

The Cowboys have gone through some minor changes just as every team does with injurys, suspensions, a few green players/draft picks being groomed, etc. Of course every team goes through this every year. No team is ever exactley the same it was the year before. I'm assuming these are the growing pains the author is refering toand is saying Dallas is having more trouble with them then most other teams. I'm hoping he isn't just really that stupid.

Cowboy-Ravens Superbowl... just kill me now.
2nd that!
:ols: I know exactly what you mean
Seriously.

I can't imagine a worse scenario than that. I'd hafta rent a DVD to watch during that SB. :ols:

With ya 100%. :mad:

Lose, Lose in a big way.

I am making reservations for Jonestown ASAP :mad:

At this rate, the Cowboys making the playoffs would be absolutely ridiculous.

Based solely off of preseason performance, they're easily last in the East.

The Lions went 4-0 then 0-16. The Colts suck in preseason. 'Nuff said.

Archived