Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

• 4 weeks later...

Man, USA v Canada was frustrating to watch.  Berhalter’s decision-making in particular.  Didn’t properly account for Canada’s speed on D, subbed way too late, and should have tried adding a 2nd striker.

I appreciate what Lleget brings, but he’s either a sub or a guy you pull 60-65 mins in, especially against that sort of speed.

It was creative to get A. Robinson’s speed on the outside, and he had a nice assist from it, but the defense suffered.  1) he’s either not confident or creative enough to have up the field and 2) if you’re having both him and Dest push up the wings, you’re playing into Canada’s hands in terms of counterattacking.  Brooks (and Ream) shouldn’t be playing with 2 in the back, or having to push wide when Adams drops.

I would have been interested in seeing something like a 5-3-2 for this game.  Brooks in the middle, the Robinsons to either side of him, Dest and maybe Acosta as wing backs, Adams playing the 6, Pulisic and Aaronson attacking midfielders, and Sargent and Pefok up top.  More speed on D, the wing backs give you better combo play on the outside, the 2 strikers keep 3 defenders on them, Pulisic gets to play wider and Adams has more freedom to get up field and distribute the ball.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Saw that this morning. What a stunner, would love to know the odds of North Macedonia winning that match before the game started. Italy is historically a soccer powerhouse, Italians must be fuming. Can't believe they have missed two World Cups in a row.

North Macedonia beat Germany.  Italy had a bunch of ties fo teams like Bulgaria, Northern Ireland.... 

Either way, Europe is full of soccer powerhouses, and typically they have more good teams than WC spots.  A European powerhouse always fails to qualify.  If Italy won, they would match up against Portugal in a playoff.  Poland and Sweden will be matched up in another playoff (Poland has one of the top strikers in the world, but they haven't qualified).  Serbia was a surprise qualification over Portugal in the group stage.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Villareal shock Bayern.  I love watching underrated midfielders in the game... Parejo. 

Chelsea nearly come from back to beat Madrid... but Benzema heads in another ball to advance Real Madrid.  

Rooting for Atletico... would love to see three La Liga teams in the semis. 

Liverpool seems a lock to advance tomorrow.  

• 4 weeks later...

What has it been... 9 hours later and no one has hit this thread up?  

I like Barca and they got me into watching the beautiful game hard core, but darn if I don't feel great for Real Madrid and particularly Benzema... 

Could you imagine leaving that game in the 89th minute?

And Villareal had their own dream going yesterday for about 20 minutes.

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

What has it been... 9 hours later and no one has hit this thread up?  

I like Barca and they got me into watching the beautiful game hard core, but darn if I don't feel great for Real Madrid and particularly Benzema... 

Could you imagine leaving that game in the 89th minute?

And Villareal had their own dream going yesterday for about 20 minutes.

As a LFC fan, that was the PERFECT outcome. City has to go 120’, loses dreadfully, while traveling, and we get to avenge the 2018 loss to Madrid, and that **** Ramos. Only thing that would make it complete is if Ramos is there, and after the game Salah kicks him in the nuts!

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Everyone wants to play Madrid... until they play Madrid. 

We will finally see if the GK upgrade pays off... 

TBH, their defense this season has been shambolic. City should have banged in at least a couple more last night. I will be surprised if Liverpool don’t net at least 3. Keeping them off the scoresheet will be the decider.

• 4 weeks later...

****ing gutted. Courteous with a worldie show. Shots: 24-4. On goal: 9-1. Dominated most of the match, but couldn’t get one past that tall ****er.

Real just have a way of winning these things, one way or another. Excellent season for the Reds, unfortunate ending.

Loving Today’s Glorious Victory!! 14th Crown.

Drinking all the tears of shocked PL fans from around the world!! Hala Madrid!!

We don’t play in finals matches, We win them!!!

If, coulda, woulda, Shoulda.
Either you win, or you lose. The pundits and many fans need to stop with the rationalizing the fact you didn’t get it done. Can you imagine this whining in other sports? Ha ha ha.

It’s embarrassing. Oh now they were tired! Give credit where it’s Due. 

Courtois was a Monster.

All the chances? Their were 3 super chances and 3 world class saves, the rest were midling imo.  

Valverde, Vini, Carvajal, Militao, Casemiro, Alaba, & Mendy all balled. This wasn’t a one man show.
The possession was 50/50. The counter attack worked. The disputed, by many,  disallowed goal. There were other dangerous moments if not chances.  We all knew the clash between Trent and Vini was gonna be key, and that was the difference.  Along with a masterclass in goal. 

We have more Championships than the entire PL combined.  Put some damn respect on our name!!!! Kings of Europe!!!!!

And by the way liverpool is an amazing side, but we came out and got it done. See it’s not hard. 

This post isn’t directed and anyone in here, just generally the PL bias, and I get it, they take in the cash, biggest best league in the world. And an Amazing team in Liverpool.

But we’ve been hearing it week after week, the inevitable, Liverpool wins. Man City wins, Chelsea wins, PSG wins…

Just feels good to say, NO.

Real Madrid Wins. Again and again. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

4 hours ago, Long n Left said:

****ing gutted. Courteous with a worldie show. Shots: 24-4. On goal: 9-1. Dominated most of the match, but couldn’t get one past that tall ****er.

Real just have a way of winning these things, one way or another. Excellent season for the Reds, unfortunate ending.

Hang in there bud y’all played great and had an amazing season..Was hoping we wouldn’t get down too far to have a chance late. Our D played well tonight, and the Offense was ready when the opening came.