Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

France made a tactical mistake NOT going into a shell for the last 10? minutes of regulation. We've seen in this tournament when you keep it tight in the back, even the best teams struggle to pry it open. Once you open up, teams can score 2 goals in a hurry.

Arrogance killed them, they thought leading 3-1 with 10 minutes left game over and they paid the price. Look at Rabiot lazyness on the second swiss goal he's in the box about 15 feet away from the swiss winger and he just stands still, doesn't make any effort to try to block him or deflect the ball. Deschamps is to blame too selecting Lenglet to substitue him after 20 mn !

Remember Van Gaal in a previous WC vs Costa Rica who cunningly substituted his goal keeper, and he deflected 2 pks. Deschamp was too stupid to do the same knowing Lloris pk record was 0-15 before the game and 1-21 after !

The problem can go even farther, I think selecting KB was a big mistake, he couldn't build any chemistry with Mbappé and Griezmann in such a short time. Sad to say but he scored a few goals and in the end the team lost (not his fault), when he doesn't play we're world champions, what an irony. Playing Giroud would have been a better option imo.

Edited by FrFan

9 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

No way that was straight red for me. Hard tackle, but studs down, did get ball, and caught other player with trailing leg. Can’t say I’m surprised a PL ref makes that crap call.

I do agree, the ref was rigid with the intent of the rule instead of applying the spirit. A yellow would have been a better decision imo.

I agree that the red against the Swiss ruined the game.  To be fair, their goal was pretty comical and video game esque... in general I do enjoy watching the Spanish style... but sometimes they are not aggressive enough. Maybe I just watch too much La Liga.  

I would like to have a positive hope about Ukraine... not sure... 

Czech Republic in shambles...

Just saw an odd occurrence around the 60th minute of Argentina and Ecuador... during a corner in Ecuadors defensive end, Argentinian exaggerated contact.  Guess the ball was in play because the Ref called a drop ball.  

Resulted in a contested drop ball... something I have never seen at a high level.  

The tough match vs the Swiss was to be expected from this inexperienced and unproven Spanish side. The Swiss goal was a gift from Spain, which they tend to do. But they prevailed and advance to the Semi’s! Survive and advance.

Italy looks to be playing the most balanced in the tournament so another tough test looms. Spinnazola being out w/ the torn Achilles benefits Spain. 
Overall happy and looking forward to Tues. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

I'd like to see Danemark vs Italy.

Danes have been solid and consistent despite losing their team captain to a cardiac arrest. Italy is quite entertaining since they unlocked the catenaccio in favor of the offense.

Edited by FrFan

8 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The tough match vs the Swiss was to be expected from this inexperienced and unproven Spanish side. The Swiss goal was a gift from Spain, which they tend to do. But they prevailed and advance to the Semi’s! Survive and advance.

Italy looks to be playing the most balanced in the tournament so another tough test looms. Spinnazola being out w/ the torn Achilles benefits Spain. 
Overall happy and looking forward to Tues. 

Spain manufactured a red card without that who knows if they survive 

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Spain manufactured a red card without that who knows if they survive 

I wouldn’t have given that red. But Spain dominated the ball and the chances for the entirety of the game. If they would have lost it would’ve been a total bummer for me. The Swiss were always gonna be a tough out, imo.