Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1'30 Boom 1-0 Danes second fastest goal of all times according to the speaker

Danes are all over the field and Belgians had zero scoring opportunity during the first half. it seems that they just don't want to play !

2-1 Belgium final score.

Does someone have news about GHH ?

Edited by FrFan

The games today were great imo, and the Eriksen tribute was really moving. I've been in a situation in which one of the players on an (American) football program I was coaching collapsed in the middle of practice, but unfortunately could not be revived, so the whole thing hit a little close to home. 

Anyway, if you want to see the measure of a great player, look at the difference de Ligt and De Bruyne made for their sides today. Anyone that has played soccer extensively should agree De Bruyne's assist looks fairly simple, but the timing and placement of that pass in a tight space with 3 defenders around is much more difficult than it looks. Hopefully he stays healthy throughout cause it's a refreshing change to be able to root for him without that awful hospital gown blue jersey on him. On the other end of the quality structure, how much money did Alaba squeeze out of Madrid again? I would have been concerned by the fact that he can play a few positions, and Bayern have a better player at all of them. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FrFan said:

Does someone have news about GHH ?

He quit the board when the team changed its name. He had made a dramatic pronouncement when they were considering it, and it looks like he followed through.

• Sad 2

Leicester doing what they do with another brilliant buy IMO. Aside from his talent what stands out to me is his poise and composure in the final third. They might see him as Vardy's successor, but for now he can also drop deeper and pick out passes. I have a feeling he'll be ruining the weekend of a few posters in here (me included)

8 hours ago, techboy said:

He quit the board when the team changed its name. He had made a dramatic pronouncement when they were considering it, and it looks like he followed through.

Wish I was there at least to try to make him change his mind. I'll miss his passion for the game, his humor and his posts.

• Like 1

Mexico’s Penalty for Soccer Fans’ Homophobia: Games in Empty Arena

FIFA, the governing body for international soccer, has ordered Mexico’s team to play two World Cup qualifying home games in an empty stadium as punishment for failing to stop fans from yelling an anti-gay slur against the U.S. and Dominican teams in March. In addition, FIFA is still considering what penalty to impose for a similar display of homophobia at a match with Iceland last month. Mexican fans have for years pelted other teams with the insult—which translates to “male prostitute”—despite public-service campaigns, pleas from players, and fines for the team.

• Like 1

First half: Hungary lost its captain to what I believe looks like insolation. Most active players are the usual ones: Mbappé, Kanté, Griezmann. KB being himself missing the unmissable and ruining another very good opportunity with the wrong choice. Pogba is back with his lazyness setback. I'm still trying to figure out what Rabiot is doing ? Magyars are suffocating and decided to use the Mou's playbook.

football-parking-the-bus-300x238.jpg

Edit: what should have happened just happened 1-0 Hungary. France punished, lazyyyyynessssssss.

Edited by FrFan

I hope Portugal beats Germany, so we will have no other choice but to beat them in order to finish first. No lazyness allowed, and I hope KB and Rabiot will be benched in favor of Dembélé and Coman.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hungary fought hard and deserved a point

Sure especially after loosing their team captain, but we should have won this one, this performance is unacceptable

Bernardo Silva out Renato in, this good coaching in order to try to shutdown Goosens

Awesome play from the Germans, Gosens is incredible

Edited by FrFan
7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Bernardo Silva out Renato in, this good coaching in order to try to shutdown Goosens

Awesome play from the Germans, Goosens is incredible

I’d be incredible too if the other team refused to acknowledge the fact that I was on the pitch. If so dire is the need to protect Pepe that your right completely ignore the left wing back then he shouldn’t be on the pitch, and why play Carvalho and Danilo together if neither of them is protecting the back four? Santos completely crapped his pants today