Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

David fricking Cameron now! WTF does this have to do with a beaut who has the Country in deep ****?

Seriously.

Last year, when asked about the Bahrain Grand Prix and all the disgraceful, continuing human rights issues in that Country, refused to comment as 'That's a matter for Formula One.' All the biting and eye gouging and worse that goes in Rugby Union. Never once heard him say jack about that. But you feel the need to comment on a footballer huh David? Biting- Worthy of comment. Human Rights Abuse- A matter for the individual sport.

The irony of the British Prime Minister complaining about his kids and 'role models'; when he left his 8 year old child alone in a bar, wasn't lost on me. They certainly can't use you as a role model huh Cameron?

Seriously, the fricking British Prime Minister sticking his oar in. And people wonder why we say Luis is the victim of a a witch-hunt and massive victimisation and persecution.

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 09:06 AM ----------

..... Fair enough, I apologize as I have misunderstood your position.

Meh, I got pissy with the 'just because you're a blue' line. Things are said and misunderstood on message boards man. It happens, don't worry about it. No hard feelings here.

Your still in for an ass whooping next Sunday like, but ya' know .....

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Meh, I got pissy with the 'just because you're a blue' line. Things are said and misunderstood on message boards man. It happens, don't worry about it. No hard feelings here.

Your still in for an ass whooping next Sunday like, but ya' know .....

Hail.

HAH! Liverpool will finish the season below Everton, where they belong. :pfft:

I think Arsene is a helluva manager. He's able to get the most out of an underwhelming group of players. Villas Boas with the best player, arguably, in the EPL this year may not finish ahead. When he's had world class players, he's had really good teams as well. His problem is that he's too principled both in player acquisition and on the pitch. He won't overspend, which is good but you miss out on talent as well.

Plus, Arsene's hayday coincided strongly with the peak of French football—he had an inside track to the top French Footballers, who also happened to be some of the best in the world at the time. Now he's got who? Giroud? Sagna? Even Nasri isn't a lock for Les Bleus. Now like everyone else, he goes to Spain and Germany for talent. He isn't even pulling much out of Francophone Africa these days.

If he's given talent, he'll win trophies.

But I wonder if he will leave. He built Arsenal for the future, new stadium, new high-tech training facility, etc.

He does have good knowledge about french players but Leonardo is running the show in Paris in terms of signings, that's why Ancelotti might leave (he was utterly pissed off when Leonardo brought in Van Der Wiel). Leonardo just proposed a €8.5 millions contract over 4 years to Edinson Cavani !

You mentioned that he doesn't overspend, true, I would say he was a bit cheap ;) . Here again a philosophy in total contradiction with the Leonardo/Qataris' way. I would rather see him coaching a german team.

Latest rumor is that he'll be in Paris next week to meet with the Qataris.

Edited by FrFan

A modest proposal? Can Suarez a 3 match ban and be made to play with a muzzle the rest of the season?

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 04:13 PM ----------

He does have good knowledge about french players but Leonardo is running the show in Paris in terms of signings, that's why Ancelotti might leave (he was utterly pissed off when Leonardo brought in Van Der Wiel). Leonardo just proposed a €8.5 millions contract over 4 years to Edinson Cavani !

You mentioned that he doesn't overspend, true, I would say he was a bit cheap ;) . Here again a philosophy in total contradiction with the Leonardo/Qataris' way. I would rather see him coaching a german team.

Latest rumor is that he'll be in Paris next week to meet with the Qataris.

Cheap, not an overspender... two sides of the same coin. :D

Stupid question but is this the same Leonardo that fractured Tab Ramos' skull in the 94 World Cup?

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 04:15 PM ----------

Nevermind, IT IS the same Leonardo.

International career

Leonardo made his international debut in 1990. He was selected as a leftback for the 1994 World Cup, keeping the young Roberto Carlos out of the team, much to his chagrin. Leonardo played well in the first games but was then given a four-match suspension for elbowing the American midfielder Tab Ramos, resulting in a broken malar bone. The stricken Ramos had to stay in hospital for three and a half months afterwards. Leonardo's suspension prevented him from participating in the remainder of the competition. It was the second longest ban imposed in World Cup history, after Mauro Tassotti's eight-game suspension for breaking the nose of Luis Enrique at the same tournament.

In 1997, Leonardo was given the Number 10 shirt for the national team. He was an important member of the team that won the Copa América in 1997.

Leonardo played all seven games in his second World Cup, helping Brazil to a second-place finish. In the second opening round match against Morocco, he netted one shot and began celebrating, but was later called off-side. He was last selected to play for Brazil in the 2002 World Cup qualifying campaign and ended his career with 60 caps and 8 goals for Brazil.

Ahhh, the good ol' PFA hypocrisy .....

Luis Suarez's name gets booed when announced in second place last night at the awards for Player of the Year.

The pre-awards comedian used the 'N' word 17 times in his routine, which is acceptable apparently: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3751568.ece

A player who holds the Premier League record bookings for diving wins both the junior and senior award.

God bless England and it's hypocrisy.

Hail.

*Edit* 'Great shout Sat'day BTW up at Newcastle. Get in there before everyone else does next season ha ha:

Ahhh, the good ol' PFA hypocrisy .....

Luis Suarez's name gets booed when announced in second place last night at the awards for Player of the Year.

The pre-awards comedian used the 'N' word 17 times in his routine, which is acceptable apparently: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3751568.ece

A player who holds the Premier League record bookings for diving wins both the junior and senior award.

God bless England and it's hypocrisy.

Hail.

I dont like Bale's diving (though he is far far from the only culprit around in that respect) but to be honest I thought he was the outstanding player in the Premiership this season. There is a lot of hypocrisy over the reaction of some fans and sections of the media to what Suarez did but then Suarez is to blame for putting himself in this position.

I'm really starting to like Barca more. I watched a special on the club. I knew quite a bit about the club and its rivalries but there's just so much to that club its amazing. The history of struggle, near failures,etc.

So you're now a fan of the current EPL champs, the reigning Bundesliga champs, and the reigning champions league champs.

If you weren't a DCU fan I would have a lot more to say about that....=P

I say he gets a pass. Most of us have no specific link to any european city anyway—even studying abroad there, IMO, doesn't count for much. I used to be a neutral, I could sit down and watch any champion's league game and enjoy it. Over time I started enjoying watching how Arsenal play and that's all I cared to tune into. Now I have a very partisan view of things. Shame.

Americans my age and older tend to be United fans simply because that was the only team you could see on TV on any kind of regularity. I guess it's different now that you can get any team on streaming.

So you're now a fan of the current EPL champs, the reigning Bundesliga champs, and the reigning champions league champs.

If you weren't a DCU fan I would have a lot more to say about that....=P

I don't want to like them lol. The history, the style of play,etc just gets you. That and the fact that I've based my entire ultimate team on FIFA off them :P As good as Messi is I get tired of hearing about him from every Barca fan. Then you say Villa, Xavi, Febregas, Tello, etc and you get blank looks from quite a few.

The positive: Manchester United is not the big spender in the EPL. Man City is. Manchester United has developed quite a few prospects(besides Persie of course). We aren't the Yankees we have been made out to be anymore. Barcelona isn't Real Madrid who buys all the super stars. It actually develops stars through its academy. In fact a guy from VA got into Barca's academy recently. Not only that but they were near bankruptcy just about 10 years ago though no one thinks about that. Dortmund will have to give up the title. And no German Cup either. Hopefully they pull off the Champions League. Dortmund doesn't spend anything(even compared to other German clubs). It's quite amazing.

Sidenote: Barcelona is somewhere I always wanted to visit and Nou Camp is one of the stadiums I want to see a game at along with Old Trafford and Westfalensadion.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Barca's terrible as an away fan. Stuck right at the top, a zillion miles from the pitch. Awesome City mind. But then Spsin is a brilliant Country all round.

Dorumd is fantastic. Steeped banked stands right on top of the pitch. A proper football stadium.

The theatre of wet dreams is just a ****hole. ;)

Hail.

Right now I just don't want Bayern to win the Champions League. I'm already hearing from my German/Bayern friend about their amazing year and how stacked they are(dude is from Kaiserslautern. Thus why I curious about the Bayern fandom. I saw a Kaiserslautern scarf at his place too lol.). Bayern theory- Buy every star. If someone is better than you rather than get better just buy their players so they can't beat you. Honestly I watch their games and I get bored. It's a quiet crowd in a nice stadium with a team that oblierates everyone. Heck some fans started to go to Hannover 96 games(play in the same stadium) because its louder with 20K fans than packed with Bayern fans. Bayern is like the team a bunch of fans could just say they are fans of and never follow at all because they count on them winning. My friends and I are out and suddenly "Hey guess what 5-0 Bayern. Oh make that 6." If Dortmund could pull it off and go through Bayern to do it he wouldn't be saying anything for awhile. Last year I was very much on his side with my not so fondness of Chelsea and German pride but this year I want them out.