Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

You cant be serious... You are correct, he got more games for being Luis Suarez. Because Luis Suarez is a dirty player who apparently hasnt learned his lesson. And it should keep going up until he HAS learned his lesson. If a player keeps acting like that, he obviously hasnt learned his lesson on how to control himself. Keep adding more games until he does.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 11:37 AM ----------

I would go the other way (granted I am a Liverpool fan). 10 games seems excessive considering you get 3 games for a vicious tackle that may permanently injury or end a career. The act of biting someone whilst playing a sport is ridiculous and should be punished severely. The act of injuring someone seems to be less frowned upon. If Suarez dove in with two feet when Ibranovich had the ball resulting in a broken leg, he would punished less severely. This doesn't seem right to me...

It wouldnt have been punished less severely in my mind, because its still Luis Suarez doing it. Going out there and playing dirty. If he had done what you described, I would have expected more then a 10 game ban. Until this guy learns to control himself, keep adding games.

Though it wasnt in the EPL, this IS the 2nd time he has bitten someone. Hes a loon.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 11:39 AM ---------

I would be embarrassed to have this guy on Everton. I dont want scum bags on my team, and I would call them out just the same no matter what team they are on. If Luis Suarez was on Everton I would be saying the same thing.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Duncan Ferguson Mister P

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 10:47 AM ----------

Granted it was in a different league, but when you've already been punished once for something and you repeat that action, I think a bigger penalty is warranted.

The severity of the punishment doesn't fit with any other recent case.

Terry for example calls someone a black **** 4 times, and this is nearly 3 times worse than that?

The standard is 3. No problem in going heavier. But double figures, on top of the 8 game racism B/S ban is nothing short of victimisation of the player.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

They have one, the PFA.

I'm just curious about how inconsistent some of these penalties and suspensions are.

I mean, sure, Suarez is a turd... but I've seen worse get less.

EDIT: Does the PFA have any reach in fighting these things?

Edited by DC9

They have one DC9. They've offered to work with Suarez on anger management. Which is certainly needed.

But the PFA as a whole is a complete joke who won't be saying jack over the severity of this. Or one of their members being repeatedly signalled out. Not condoning the guy at all. As I haven't since Sunday. He's his own worst enemy and I honestly wouldn't be too perturbed to see him leave. World class talent. World class headache. But that doesn't take away from the continued witch hunt against the guy that started with the absolute disgrace over the racism B/S 2 years ago.

Hail.

Duncan Ferguson Mister P

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 10:47 AM ----------

The severity of the punishment doesn't fit with any other recent case.

Terry for example calls someone a black **** 4 times, and this is nearly 3 times worse than that?

The standard is 3. No problem in going heavier. But double figures, on top of the 8 game racism B/S ban is nothing short of victimisation of the player.

Hail.

I started following Everton around 2006, and didnt became a hardcore fan until 2007 or so. So I can honestly say I dont recall Duncan Ferguson playing. I will never condone or be okay with a player playing dirty on a team I root for.

Jobaga man, if Suarez dived in two footed he'd get double the standard ban.

This is 3 or 4 games for the bite. Another 6 or 7 for being called Luis Suarez.

And people are surprised when we say there's a witch hunt against him.

Hail.

For you courtesy of Social Media

62644_10200915167422353_752537539_n.jpg

71417_10152755256595537_742923870_n.jpg

Edited by jobaga

I was about to bring up the Shawcross tackle on Ramsey. Yeah, the guy got 3 games out and we lost Ramsey for a year. The FA is a joke. I said 8 match ban would suffice, 20% of the season. But then guys like Shawcross need to sit out a year.

The FA will eventually learn, like the NFL, that you have to protect your players or they'll go to La Liga. No one goes to matches to see Ryan Shawcross. Not saying Aaron Ramsey is the worth the price of admission but you get the point.

Ya' know victimisation like this makes yers support Suarez even more.

I was, and still am, disgusted by what he did Sunday. And he needs help psychologically and support. And I was fully down with cutting our loses and moving him on. But **** 'em all! We'll ride out this ban, keep hold of the best striker in Europe, and have him ram it back down everyone's throats from next October. Sign someone to compliment Sturridge and Borini this summer to see us through and add to the depth when Luis is back. Let the witch hunt continue. And we'll let Europe's best do his thing on the pitch.

I just hope Henry and the club hit back with some strong words tomorrow about the unjustness of how our player is continually treated. Accept the ban, but let it be known it's utterly wrong and we'll be watching every incident going forward to see if this ridiculous standard is met with others.

As the song goes ..... I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH SUAREZ ...... !

Hail.

I was, and still am, disgusted by what he did Sunday. And he needs help psychologically and support. And I was fully down with cutting our loses and moving him on. But **** 'em all! We'll ride out this ban, keep hold of the best striker in Europe, and have him ram it back down everyone's throats from next October. Sign someone to compliment Sturridge and Borini this summer to see us through and add to the depth when Luis is back. Let the witch hunt continue. And we'll let Europe's best do his thing on the pitch.

I just hope Henry and the club hit back with some strong words tomorrow about the unjustness of how our player is continually treated. Accept the ban, but let it be known it's utterly wrong and we'll be watching every incident going forward to see if this ridiculous standard is met with others.

Hail.

Enjoy standing by and supporting a scum bag. I for one couldnt stomach it. You think its a bit unfair? Fine, you can make that argument. But supporting someone like that boggles my mind.

Hail.

Suarez thrives in this situation. He will play next year with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. He will lead the EPL in goals next year. The sad thing is he will probably do something crazy next year. As I said before, I will not defend him anymore. Fans of other clubs will see what the want to see. Suarez is a fantastic footballer and a lunatic. I am stating to think he creates these situations to keep himself motivated. Hopefully this is all out of his system and he will be motivated by silverware, but I seriously doubt it.

On a side note...GHH I always get a giggle when I read a passionate, angry post from you and then I look at your signature...

..... On a side note...GHH I always get a giggle when I read a passionate, angry post from you and then I look at your signature...

:ols: Keep this quiet, but the purty unicorn has kinda' grown on me. Fred stays, or we both go! ..... But keep that between you and I my good man.

Manly rep to protect and all that.

Hail.

Oh yeah, the REAL ironic thing out of all this .....

Even after Sunday, Liverpool still head the fair play table and look like getting back into Europe through that route.

And as Luis gets a break the start of next season, he can play the qualifiers as we begin the long march to Turin.

That irony just kills me.

Hail.

*Edit* On my cell FF, so I'll see what you just put up later.

And best wishes to yers ol' fella Richmond. Hope it's nottin'' serious.