Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

You're welcome...

You were the one who convinced me to pick Dortmund? It was long ago so I don't remember lol. I guess I would try to dig through this thread to find it. I'm just tired of my German friend(actually from Germany) mouthing off about Bayern and taking shots at the US soccer team (which is ironic considering we have a German head coach). Dude is constantly picking on Dortmund and US. I want to see Dortmund win so he'll shut up. Dortmund wins the title after Bayern chokes it away in their own stadium the year before. It would be epic. Plus I could me a nice Dortmund European Champions scarf :)

That was a double warning from Milan and PSG, next year Barca won't escape it like that. I pick Bayern to win it.

The funny thing is that Barca didn't play badly, but rather PSG and ACM Gabe good accounts of themselves. But I agree with you. I've spent a lot of time in Paris and I collect team jerseys from every city I visit- you couldn't get me to buy A PSG kit back in the day.

---------- Post added April-11th-2013 at 06:52 AM ----------

Oh and I tend not to hate players, but I cannot stand the way Busquets plays the game. I have not seen a Barca game where he is not faking an injury. He'll foul someone THEN pretend to be hurt.

That was a double warning from Milan and PSG, next year Barca won't escape it like that. I pick Bayern to win it.

I wouldn't start predicting what will happen next year before the summer transfer window.

And Barcelona still came through and are on another semi. With the talisman that is Lionel Messi, I wouldn't look beyon them as one I the favourites yet again.

Hail.

The funny thing is that Barca didn't play badly, but rather PSG and ACM Gabe good accounts of themselves. But I agree with you. I've spent a lot of time in Paris and I collect team jerseys from every city I visit- you couldn't get me to buy A PSG kit back in the day.

---------- Post added April-11th-2013 at 06:52 AM ----------

Oh and I tend not to hate players, but I cannot stand the way Busquets plays the game. I have not seen a Barca game where he is not faking an injury. He'll foul someone THEN pretend to be hurt.

Since the last months of previous organization and now with the qataris taking over the club tries to build a positive identity. They got rid of the fanatics who were fighting even their fellow fans from other stadium sections, and the lousy extremists close to FN. They even got the support from the GM of Marseille ! who could have thought that ?. There is still a long way to go to get rid of the arrogant image they carry, but regular, solid and improving performances in the Champions League will help them.

Edited by FrFan

Howdy folks. Just wanted to say that I'm new here (to soccer), and I love it. A guy I work with lived in Germany for 10 years and is a soccer fanatic. He's got me into the UEAFA or whatever and I'm tuning in daily to DirecTV channels 619 and 620 for all the action.

I've never watched soccer in my life besides the world cup, but now I'm hooked. I can't get enough!

I wouldn't start predicting what will happen next year before the summer transfer window.

And Barcelona still came through and are on another semi. With the talisman that is Lionel Messi, I wouldn't look beyon them as one I the favourites yet again.

Hail.

I think the models on how to beat Barca are out there now. Mourinho with Inter did the sit back and counter approach and they and chelsea had great success. But now, ACM and PSG both showed that Barca players are human and if you put them under pressure they'll cough up the ball just like anyone else. It makes a big difference to have great players too, some mid-level Spanish side couldn't beat them with any system.

But, again, finishers are the key. If Niang finishes his chance, Barca are prob out last stage. Same in this game, Pastore finishes that shot or Lavezzi gets his, Barca are out.

---------- Post added April-11th-2013 at 08:59 AM ----------

I say offsides you say offside?

I say hand ball you say handling?

I say PK, you say penalty.

What's this 'now' E man?

Houllier and Benitez have been frustrating Barcelona for years. They just love Liverpool in Catalonia. Never lost a two legged tie against them. Never concealed a goal in the Nou Camp in 4 games. (Or is it 5 now with all the Champions league groups.). Put them out of two UEFA Cup semis. Yup, they just love those pesky, meddling Scousers in Catalonia.

And Milan didn't frighten Barca. They got an absolute ass whooping in Spain. Barca were worthy winners over the two legs. And I was rooting hard for Milan given our connection with them.

I think y'all are being a tad disingenuous here. Guarduila's taken what Cruyff put in place on another level, with one of the best set-up's of any club on the planet from top to bottom. And again, they've survived being 'tested' to reach another semi in the biggest competition in soccer. Club or International.

You write off a Messi lead Barcelona at your peril.

Hail.

I am very happy with the Champion's League draw. I think Bayern Munich can beat Barca. I think it will be a Munich v Madrid final.

I'll take El Clasico at Wembley.

Worryingly, the rent boys could now well become the first English side to lift all three European trophys. :(

Something not right at all in that. :mad:

---------- Post added April-12th-2013 at 01:38 PM ----------

Oh come on man, the English were saying soccer before us yanks. :-D

I was just messing with her man. You guys are the ONLY ones who have a right to call it soccer being you have your own brand of football.

From Americans, it's acceptable. Anyone else it's just wrong! :mad:

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Gideon Zelalem of Bethesda, MD (15 YO) debuts for Arsenal (U21) against Liverpool (U21).

Buzz is he's legit and that they hope he can continue his development through the senior team. But, like that other traitor Najar, he's choosing to play for Germany at the moment.

Gideon Zelalem of Bethesda, MD (15 YO) debuts for Arsenal (U21) against Liverpool (U21).

Buzz is he's legit and that they hope he can continue his development through the senior team. But, like that other traitor Najar, he's choosing to play for Germany at the moment.

Man what I would do for the prospect of Najar's speed and skill on the US wing right about now.... :(

15 and playing for the U'21's?

Nothing like rushing a growing boys progress .....

Hail.

I think I saw Shelvey on the pitch for Liverpool. He's certainly NOT being rushed.

I wasn't sure if it was a one-off, "He's been doing great in training, let's see what he can do . . ." I don't know if it means anything but they gave him the #10 shirt for the match as well. These young players playing above their age is really indicative of nothing. There have been tons of young "next star" Gooners flame out: Fran Merida, Emmanuel-Thomas, etc. Just something to get excited about.

Congrats to Wigan Athletic on teaching their first ever FA Cup final in their short pro history having only joined the pro ranks in 1978.

I have a lot of time for Martinez and the way he goes around things. The owner on the other hand is a complete dick. Sure the Met are happy too that the potential World war on London's streets of a Millwall- Chelsea final has now been avoided. :ols:

Talking of the rent boys, good luck Citeh tomorrow.

And then good luck Wigan the final. That scenario would be very nice indeed. :pfft:

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Well, DC United sucks so far this year.

Absolutely zero killer instinct on offense. It's as if they don't even want to score goals. Terrible all the way around. Pajoy should not start another game and I can't believe he continues to see the field. Pontius has been a complete non-factor thus far, and we really miss Andy on the wing.

Looks like it's going to be 2010 all over again.

Absolutely zero killer instinct on offense. It's as if they don't even want to score goals. Terrible all the way around. Pajoy should not start another game and I can't believe he continues to see the field. Pontius has been a complete non-factor thus far, and we really miss Andy on the wing.

Looks like it's going to be 2010 all over again.

I think management isn't gonna invest in the team until a new stadium is built. Until then it seems like they'll just let them stink. Atleast that's my theory.

..... Sidenote: GHH I wanted your opinion on Luis latest antic- sucker punching a chile player during a WCQ. Pretty damn weak.

He's Uruguayan. Simple as.

Without wishing to either condone that side of him, and he certainly has one; or upset our Uruguayan friend Rodrigo again who I've crossed swords with in the past over similar; it's in that Nations psyche to be cynical and, let's not beat about the bush, down right nasty and thugish to make sure they 'get the job done.'

Uruguayan soccer is littered with top quality technical players who have this attitude.

Good look Arsenal tonight against the bitters. Piy it's not tomorrow. Everton in London on the day of Thatchers funeral would of been interesting. Talking of which, in case there was any doubt about how Liverpool views her for what she did to the City, and then took up ten notches after Hillsborough, here's the unreal scenes at half time Saturday under the stand at Reading. The stewards and Police where like ' Screw getting involved in that ***, Their partying, so just roll with it' lol. Flares and smoke bombs under a stand. Has to be scene to be believed, however out of place you my think the sentiment is:

Hail.