Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Blackburn relegated on goal differential.  

In 15 games Mowbray had a 5-7-3 record and had the squad really fighting.  Won the last two matches against Villa and Brentford, but it was too much of a hill to climb.  Looks like he's staying on for now, which is good.  He's brought stability and respectability, but I fear once he sees the owners won't offer any support he'll leave just like Lambert.

The owners put out some bland platitude letter but they are the real reason we are where we are.  They'll sell off more assets and we'll be looking at a lot of our academy players most likely in the first team next year (maybe not a bad thing).  The bright spots of Ryan Nyambe and and Connor Mahoney can hopefully be retained.  My fear is that the club will end up losing its Tier One status soon for cost reasons.  The youngsters now play in Premeir League 2 Division 2, and to lose that would be another detriment.

• Like 2

Anyone seen this before? Came across it last night and upon investigation today, it turns out the BBC banged it on as a late change the night before the 2001 UEFA Cup final. Which explains why I'd never come across it as we were already in Dortmund at the time and I'd only set the video up for the match! 

Real entertaining 56-minute watch though for any Reds. Real well-done doco by the Beeb. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

@btfoom  @RichmondRedskin88 Seriously? .....

USGnkPVZ_bigger.jpg

Bayern & Germany @iMiaSanMia

Kicker | Bayern are ready to sell Renato Sanches if they get an offer that will make sure they don't have losses. The player didn't adapt 

C_ivBuQXgAAc3Kn.jpg:small

12:33 pm · 11 May 2017

If Munich move him on that's beyond ridiculous. 

The lads 19 in his first year in a different Country for Pete's sake and you just made him your 4th highest ever signing 12 months ago. To give up on him now .....

Seriously. That football club is the German equivalent of Madrid.

Hail.  

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@btfoom  @RichmondRedskin88 Seriously? .....

USGnkPVZ_bigger.jpg

Bayern & Germany @iMiaSanMia

Kicker | Bayern are ready to sell Renato Sanches if they get an offer that will make sure they don't have losses. The player didn't adapt 

C_ivBuQXgAAc3Kn.jpg:small

12:33 pm · 11 May 2017

If Munich move him on that's beyond ridiculous. 

The lads 19 in his first year in a different Country for Pete's sake and you just made him your 4th highest ever signing 12 months ago. To give up on him now .....

Seriously. That football club is the German equivalent of Madrid.

Hail.  

Wow. I mean he wasn't great but wasn't bad. He's quite young. I think he needed a few years. Unless we have some major plan for someone else? I don't get this move. 

• Like 2

So after further research I'm hearing that there's not even a article from the kicker about this? Fake news maybe? Both Bayern boards are trying to find the source. This doesn't sound Bayern like. They openly criticize Madrid for this stuff. They don't just buy players for the sake of it.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

46 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

So after further research I'm hearing that there's not even a article from the kicker about this? Fake news maybe? Both Bayern boards are trying to find the source. This doesn't sound Bayern like. They openly criticize Madrid for this stuff. They don't just buy players for the sake of it.

Renato Sanches: Under these circumstances he may leave Bavaria (Google translated)

A couple of days ago he denied leaving Bayern for Marseille, he said he wants to remain in Munich.

Edited by FrFan

On 1/21/2017 at 0:44 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Chelsea won't finish top 2. Quote me on that, 

Had to do it :)

Fantastic way to win it.  Batshuayi who has hardly contributed all year and rumors of him being sold comes in to break the tie and deliver the league.  More analysis on the season to come but not now...had a few too many beers to think rationally.  CHAMPIONS.  In the brilliant words of Cesc Fabregas: "Football is ****ing unbelievable!"

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Had to do it :)

I never legislated for the key difference to everyone else and having ridiculously good fortune in no key injuries through the season. 

Could Philippe Coutinho be set for a new Liverpool role? Jurgen Klopp on why No.8 suits the Reds star - Liverpool Echo

Oh I LOVE that. Add genuine pace to complement Sadio the left, and a top striker out of the Lacazzete mould to use a name; and you've improved three key areas in depth. There's so much flexibility with you can do with Firmino within that (the only Red to date to be in double figures in both goals and assists), whilst improving the midfield depth by subtraction. 

Phil running a game from inside has you salivating.

Think any Reds will really enjoy this. The Wrap lads have just put this out for free which was done a few months back. Great hour long sit down with Lucas. (The Alonso one was equally as enthralling but that's still a subscription so I can't share that sadly or I would.). 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/05/lucas-leiva-interview-listen-free/

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I shared this in the college thread, but thought you might like to see it as well. This is the highlight video of my son's performance in last Fall's Regional Semi-Final. The good guys are in white (Boyle County) the bad guys are in blue (Mercer County). We ended up falling with 11.6 seconds left in OT, but it was an amazing match. And as you'll see, my son got a work out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Fantastic way to win it.  Batshuayi who has hardly contributed all year and rumors of him being sold comes in to break the tie and deliver the league.  More analysis on the season to come but not now...had a few too many beers to think rationally.  CHAMPIONS.  In the brilliant words of Cesc Fabregas: "Football is ****ing unbelievable!"

Best collective team over the season. Worthy Champions.

On 9 May 2017 at 11:51 AM, Old Bay said:

Blackburn relegated on goal differential.  

Destroyed by ownership. The clown at Forest has done the same. Speaking as a Forest fan we may get lucky with a takeover soon. 

Damn it Mahrez! SO close to City f-ing it up and a great start the weekend. Sighs .

Mixed mornings footie. 

Rhian Brewster started again as England U-17's move on the semi's the Euro's in Croatia with a 1-0 win over Ireland. Semi against Turkey on Tuesday: Young Lions seal semi spot and U17 World Cup qualification

U-18's round out their season with a 1-0 loss to City in the Championship Round to leave the final second table:

#   Team M P  W  D  L  F    A  D     P    
1 delta_plus.gif Chelsea U18 7 6 0 1 17 7 +10 18    
2 delta_min.gif Arsenal U18 7 4 2 1 22 13 +9 14    
3   Manchester Cit… 7 4 2 1 16 11 +5 14    
4   Manchester Uni… 7 2 2 3 16 18 -2 8    
5   Reading U18 7 2 1 4 10 17 -7 7    
6 delta_plus.gif West Ham Unite… 7 1 3 3 8 13 -5 6    
7 delta_plus.gif Blackburn Rove… 7 2 0 5 11 18 -7 6    
8 delta_min.gif Liverpool U18 7 1 2 4 8 11 -3 5    

Ala the '23's, been a real fun watch following a very young '18's this year who should be that much stronger a year older next term. And of course, there's some fella' called Gerrard running this group from here on out with Critch moving up to the '23's to continue overseeing the wonderful development he's started lower down. Exciting times. 

Come on Stoke this tea-time. Put Arsenal to bed finally, please.

Hail. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dchogs said:

Liverpool needed this.  Not just a win, but a big crushing win.  Totally different team than last week. 

Not only that, but reduced the GD to one from City. I really wanted Origi to feed Sturridge for the 5th on that 2 on 1. 

Now, just need West Brom or Watford to steal a point from City, and do Boro 4 or 5 to snag 3rd!

• Like 3

On 5/13/2017 at 2:05 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I never legislated for the key difference to everyone else and having ridiculously good fortune in no key injuries through the season. 

Could Philippe Coutinho be set for a new Liverpool role? Jurgen Klopp on why No.8 suits the Reds star - Liverpool Echo

Oh I LOVE that. Add genuine pace to complement Sadio the left, and a top striker out of the Lacazzete mould to use a name; and you've improved three key areas in depth. There's so much flexibility with you can do with Firmino within that (the only Red to date to be in double figures in both goals and assists), whilst improving the midfield depth by subtraction. 

Phil running a game from inside has you salivating.

I've been saying this for three years now...

Only now he's scored 12 league goals this season, including his brace today and that brilliance of a thru ball to Sturridge that was shades of 2014 wasn't it?

So glad Jurgen got over himself and started Danny... we're lacking that up front with Bobby and Mane out, and he's a killer if he gets a couple of chances he's potting one.  And what did that first half goal do???  It opened up the ****ing game and if not for Adrian's crossbar we had 6 or 7 today.  Adrian made 18 saves or something ridiculous like that... easily the best game this calendar year save for Spurs/Arsenal at home... utter dominance.

One more and I fully expect us to **** the **** out of BORO next weekend.

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Not only that, but reduced the GD to one from City. I really wanted Origi to feed Sturridge for the 5th on that 2 on 1. 

Now, just need West Brom or Watford to steal a point from City, and do Boro 4 or 5 to snag 3rd!

How upsetting was that?  Good on Divock to win the ball but FFS that's the best English striker going when he's healthy and he looked fantastic today... just slide it over to him.

That was the most fun I've had watching a match in a while.  Was starting to forget what it felt like to breathe and crack jokes at the same time while watching these guys.

20 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Top stuff from Rodgers: 

Hail. 

I couldn't think of a better place for Brendan.  Glad he's remembering how to act like a Red.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dchogs said:

Liverpool needed this.  Not just a win, but a big crushing win.  Totally different team than last week. 

That early goal did it... (well, earlier) and Sturridge just added something different.

After that RUN and that ball from Phil... West Ham had no choice but to change it up cause it could've gotten out of hand quickly... which it did after they changed it up, anyway...

This is why a top number 9, like a 20 goal scoring number 9 is a must this window, whether anyone thinks it is or not.  Have to have a guy like that.

And if we get to pull Torres off the bench in the 70' minute and sing "We're going to be bouncing in a minute," again, all the better.

If we're healthy we're as good as anyone, I think we've proven that.  Just need that quality depth now. :)

• Like 2