Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Ok. Playing for third and the last automatic place now everything's levelled out after tonight. 

Could of done without Arsenal spawning it but hopefully 'Spurs will end them Sunday. Still don't know what the best result is tomorrow. Keep flip flopping on this. Think a draw or a Utd win. But regardless, just win out L'pool. Don't want 4th and a qualifier at all.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ok. Playing for third and the last automatic place now everything's levelled out after tonight. 

Could of done without Arsenal spawning it but hopefully 'Spurs will end them Sunday. Still don't know what the best result is tomorrow. Keep flip flopping on this. Think a draw or a Utd win. But regardless, just win out L'pool. Don't want 4th and a qualifier at all.

Hail. 

gotta pull for a draw, no?  don't want utd level with a game in hand...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dchogs said:

I'm figuring on them still having to go to Arsenal and 'Spurs. I'll take our chances there. 

Like I say, I'm all over the place on what's best. I'll happily take the draw. I just want third. Those early season qualifiers are never easy. 

Hail. 

Revealed: LFC's 125th anniversary home kit for 2017-18 - Liverpool FC

Photo gallery: A closer look at LFC's 2017-18 home kit - Liverpool FC

I REALLY like that. Simple. Traditional. Classical. Why can't they ALL be like that?

Now white shirts with the same trim and sponsors in red. Black shorts and white socks with a red trim the away please!

Belter of a strip. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dchogs said:

And the keep kit looks to be a proper green too. Love the classic look.  Only thing that catches my eye in a funny way is the yellow crest with the white trim.  Would have thought they'd go white with that too. 

Yeah, that would be my only quibble. But that's the best kit we've had in ages IMHO. Love it. NB finally done good. 

And defo on the keepers kit. Looking at the short sleeved keeper one, the price of a jersey aside, that makes a dead smart t-shirt type. 

Hail. 

Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart*targeted by Brighton manager Chris Hughton

Another perfect example of how FSG continue to learn from their mistakes and how well managed and professional the football club now is from the top on down. 

Doing the contract extension before it ran out was a great move for club and player. With the best will in the World, Kev Stewart knew/ knows he's no future at Anfield. But it secured his long-term financial future and will get him even more from a move after having a decent few games the last two years to put himself in the spotlight for the right club. And L'pool stand to make a very tidy profit by tying him down when his contract had run down even if he wasn't in our long-term plans. Unlike the ridiculous mess the likes of Everton with Barkley and Arsenal with their multitude of contracts next year all unbelievably up at the same time.

Mutually beneficial for all concerned. 

£10 million though on top of Ibe and Smith to Brighton last year for a combined £21 million. Phew. 

#don'tFwiththescousersnow

Hail. 

1 hour ago, dchogs said:

oh, that looks awesome... or rather, boss tha!

In more boss news .....

Confirmation! This makes me happy. :D.   Another step on the long road. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/liverpool-announce-new-u23s-coach-steven-gerrards-promotion-confirmed/

'Don’t get too comfortable', warns Steven Gerrard after taking over as Liverpool under-18s coach | The Independent

Hail. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dchogs said:

Happily take that. Should just leave ourselves and City battling out the third spot now with Utd still having to go Arsenal and Tottenham. Top 4 all but back in our own hands in view of that but seriously need to finish third. Those qualifiers are a pain in the arse and tricky as man. Even under Rafa we rarely had a comfortable one.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Dejan Lovren: Liverpool centre-back signs new deal until 2021 - BBC Sport

I'm presuming it's another Mignolet move and safe guarding his value as much as anything. 

I'd envisage he'll be a 3rd/4th choice next year and sadly, the absolutely bat **** crazy way it's going, that's getting the standard salary for quality depth. And as an experienced guy in that slot, nobody's having much better than Lovren. You just don't want him as part of the regular first choice pairing as you can't rely on him either to stay healthy or consistent. 

Of course this is all predicated on a top notch centre half coming in the summer. If one doesn't, and we go into next year with Lovren and Matip (Who I'm beginning to put as big a ? against as Lovren TBH being as he's never healthy consistently and he's been pretty darn woeful himself since returning from injury himself); then legit SERIOUS questions need to be asked of the managers thinking as to one of our weakest and most needy areas of the side.

At least Sakho has no ligament damage so there is that. 

Hail. 

Almost the perfect Sunday. Didn't expect all three games to go in our favour.

Top 4 now back in our own hands. All we have to do for 3rd is match whatever Citeh do. Can't ask for any more than to have your destiny in your own hands. 

L'pool F up now we deserve everything we get. NO excuses. F performances. Just frigging win out Red Men! 

Boss day of footie watching.

Hail. 

• Like 1