Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Be nice if Benteke had another brace in him today.

Loose passing and way too much room in the midfield by Palace so far.

39 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Even if you lose, keep the goals down please. The prospect of a potential playoff with City for third nobody wants. Although I'll never understand why it's not on a straight head-to-head first here?

Never understood this either. Every US club tournament I've been a part of, head-to-head is always the FIRST tiebreaker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Never understood this either. Every US club tournament I've been a part of, head-to-head is always the FIRST tiebreaker.

The way it should be. Not being a flat track bully and beating up on weaker sides/ sides already on vacation at this point to get the GD up. 

Always been a seriously flawed way to decide things to me.

Palace look a disinterested shambles here. This isn't a good prospect. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The way it should be. Not being a flat track bully and beating up on weaker sides/ sides already on vacation at this point to get the GD up. 

Always been a seriously flawed way to decide things to me.

Palace look a disinterested shambles here. This isn't a good prospect. 

Hail. 

Think Big Sam took a bribe from City? :P

• Like 1

Well that wasn't in the script! Stupid Palace! 

- 4 GD and down to only + 1 in goals scored now with Citeh. 

L'pool could REALLY do with walloping someone again. That's been TOO long in coming now! 

And I still haven't picked up a spare for tomorrow. This weekend is NOT going well!  :angry:.

Hail. 

• Like 1

So I'm home having passed on my seasonie to a mate who I'd promised a ticket for today's game way back and completely forgotten about and not been able to pick up more than 2 spares for the past few days. (He and his two lads are over from HK so they needed three.). 

Doing the right thing sucks! But no matter .....

Into these Redman! We owe these this season! 

Hail. 

Well that was utter bollocks. If you didn't know better you'd think that was two mid-table teams playing out the season with nottin' at stake. Needs a BIG arse kicking the changies HT. And Lallana on would be a bonus!

Lee Mason's still up to his usual standard of bellendary. He was the prick Rodgers called out and got taken off our games for a spell a few years ago right?

Get yer heads out yer collective arse second half Reds! That was ****e.

Hail. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Lee Mason's still up to his usual standard of bellendary. He was the prick Rodgers called out and got taken off our games for a spell a few years ago right?

Seems all Tadic has to do is fall and yell to get a free kick.

Thank you Arsenal. Back in our own hands again for the top 4 spot. LUCKY Liverpool because we were absolutely abysmal today. 

Still, third isn't in our hands and that's as important as anything. A qualifier just as the seasons starting is the very LAST thing we need. 

Strange day that turned out good but after L'pool's 'display' it's scant consolation. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Liverpool looks tired.

I also don't know if that result is the best for Liverpool either. Arsenal have 2 games in hand on them.

United looks to be playing for the Europa League and may have checked out as well. (biggest club in the world and yet Mourinho is whining about squad strength)

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Thank you Arsenal. Back in our own hands again for the top 4 spot. LUCKY Liverpool because we were absolutely abysmal today. 

Still, third isn't in our hands and that's as important as anything. A qualifier just as the seasons starting is the very LAST thing we need. 

Strange day that turned out good but after L'pool's 'display' it's scant consolation. 

Hail. 

Still reeling a bit after that game, though the Wiz's beat down of those Celtic punks has me in much better mood.

First, I was a little shocked by Lallana not starting. The offense has another couple gears to grind when he's in there, and Jurgy may want to take advantage of Danny's health, fleeting as it can be.

Everyone had a **** game. Bobby making mistakes all over the pitch, Phil not far behind. Gini's been **** the last couple, and Origi went missing again. And, please, that coupling of Can and Lucas just seems to take the air right outta the ball midfield. Need guys who are quick in feet and decision making this summer!

Thank you Gunners. Now go you Redmen, and get us 3 @ West Ham...PLEASE!

• Like 2

Personally, I'd have flipped the subs.  Start off with lallana and sturridge and hope to grab an early goal or two, and then be able to rest them 2nd half as needed.  when liverpool starts slow, they struggle to turn it on.  Needed those three points... why flirt with disaster?

• Like 1

LMAO. Upto 25,000 expected Goodison tonight for the mini-Derby as they've won the U-23's PL. 

Get that open top bus ready lads and dust down that trophy cabinet! It can take pride of place and replace yer clock! 

Bet our 'oh so loveable' neighbours still find time to chant 'Murderers' though like. Just to be different .....

Hail. 

8 of tonight's side have played the first team. We're in an excellent youth cycle again from U-16's level up.

L'pool complete the double as Everton lose their Cup Final, at any level, AGAIN. 2-1. Ojo and Trent the scorers in a typically feisty affair. 

The final PL2 table with the exception of Utd-Tottenham next Monday: 

#   Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches  
1   Everton U23 22 15 3 4 48 21 +27 48 LDWWL  
2   Manchester Cit… 22 13 6 3 54 33 +21 45 WLWDW  
3   Liverpool U23 22 13 4 5 47 27 +20 43 WWWDW  
4   Arsenal U23 22 10 3 9 40 32 +8 33 DLWDW  
5   Chelsea U23 22 7 9 6 40 32 +8 30 LDWLD  
6   Sunderland U23 22 6 7 9 27 37 -10 25 LWLDL  
7 delta_plus.gif Derby County U23 22 6 6 10 31 42 -11 24 WWLLD  
8 delta_plus.gif Manchester Uni… 21 5 8 8 26 36 -10 23 DDDWL  
9 delta_min.gif Leicester City U23 22 5 8 9 31 42 -11 23 WDLDD  
10 delta_min.gif Tottenham Hots… 21 6 4 11 31 41 -10 22 LLWLW  
11 delta_plus.gif Reading U23 22 6 4 12 36 56 -20 22 WDLLL  
12 delta_min.gif Southampton U23 22 5 6 11 28 40 -12 21 LLDDD  

Very enjoyable season with the Lancashire Senior Cup Final still to come. Would have been nice to win it but all that ultimately matters is developing first team players and with two first team games to go this year Trent has gotten 12 appearances under his belt in a wonderful season with young Ben 8. With the boss moment for him in becoming the club's youngest-ever scorer against Leeds. Just a pity Ejaria, Grujic and Ojo have all had injury-ruined seasons or I'm sure they'd of got more game time. Along with the returning Gomez. Throw in Harry Wilson's making his debut, and all those players now training full time at Melwood with the first team group, and it's been a very productive season indeed at 23's level. Rhian Brewster's rapid rise has just capped it off. If we do indeed get £10 million for Kev Stewart off Brighton that pays for the running of the academy another few years by itself. 

Looking forward to seeing who makes a big jump this coming pre-season like Ejaria and Woodburn did last. Harry Wilson looks primed for that after his 28 goal, double-figure assist brilliant year along with the likes of Ryan Kent returning from a year the Championship at Barnsley after being voted their young player of the year and Chiravella's excellent displays in Holland the past 5 months.

Hail.