Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Centenary Stand to be renamed The Kenny Dalglish Stand - Liverpool FC

Not before time. I personally wanted the new Main Stand named in his honour but I'm not naive enough to know there's the possibility of serious income there from naming rights going forward. 

One of the most important people, never mind footballer, my City's ever known.

Best decision FSG have taken thus far IMHO as they continue on their current upward trajectory for the club. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Frances absolutely pathetic record in European club football continues. 

Hail. 

fiscalit%C3%A9-ligue-1-salaire-600-000-e

Taxes paid for a salary of €600,000/year

Youth training centers raided by foreign clubs

30 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Taxes paid for a salary of €600,000/year

Youth training centers raided by foreign clubs

Yeah I appreciate the constraints but even so 1 (questionable given what Tapie was found guilty of) European Cup and 1 Cup Winners Cup is pretty piss poor from Ligue 1. 

There's some quality talent at the top clubs but overall the league isn't strong at all. Europe is where you gauge that and France continually falls short. 

Hail. 

56 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yeah I appreciate the constraints but even so 1 (questionable given what Tapie was found guilty of) European Cup and 1 Cup Winners Cup is pretty piss poor from Ligue 1. 

There's some quality talent at the top clubs but overall the league isn't strong at all. Europe is where you gauge that and France continually falls short. 

Hail. 

You can't be a lighthouse away if you're not even a light in your own house.  I could add DCNG national management control commission which did hurt clubs with bad balances while foreign clubs played foot loose and fancy free, including with the financial fairplay, Real usually relying on the king to get loans from the banks.

I shall also mention that imo we were and still are two steps back in terms of doping compared to the best clubs.

We tend to cuddle the young ones too much, training should be harder.

Ultimately the FFF is responsible with a 75 years old ass clown buddy of Hollande at the helm who used to kiss Blatter's ass. Most of the members comes from amateur football !

I believe if we could assemble a team using mostly french players playing for foreign clubs we could win that thing.

Edited by FrFan

Definition of a BAD Thursday ..... When somebody who now lives in Hong Kong reminds you they're over this weekend and you'd promised to sort then out a ticket months back. Only for you to completely forget and now everyone you've contacted to press has no spares for Sunday! .....

Football bloody FOOTBALL! :angry:.

Hail. 

Rhian Brewster scored twice in a MoM display for England U-17's in a 3-1 win over Norway their first game the UEFA U-17's Championship in Croatia. Taking his tally to 9 in 10 games at that level: 

Goal 1: 

Goal 2: 

Another ridiculous rise from the Kirkby conveyer belt this season. Amazing to think Rhian, who just turned 17 the start of April, was playing with the U-16's the start of the year. Then he got bumped the '18's, and by Christmas, his progress had been such he moved up the U-23's and hasn't looked out of place against the bigger, older lads all the second half the year to landing on the first team bench, albeit through injury, the recent Palace game. After having scored a good few in behind closed doors first team friendlies the International breaks earlier the season. 

Still a lot of development to go but 2 or 3 years down the line he could well be a serious striking option for club and Country. Kids a proper striker and a great, instinctive finisher. 

Chelsea not giving youngsters an opportunity at first team level was certainly L'pool's gain 2 years ago as he explained here: Meet the Academy: Rhian Brewster - Liverpool FC

Hail. 

Don't know if you saw this, but what a great goal:

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/watch-video-liga-mx-highlights-camilo-sanvezzo-queretaro-goal-050117

It’s been a tough week for soccer fans. The Premier League gave us a bunch of scoreless draws, the Bundesliga title race is sewn up and there has been a dearth of worldies scored.

But Liga MX is here to the rescue and the Mexican league gave us what just might be the best goal of the weekend. On Sunday, Camilo Sanvezzo looked up, saw a chance, and fired a rocket from halfway up the field:

It wasn’t just that Queretaro’s Sanvezzo caught Toluca’s goalkeeper way off his line, although he did. It was Sanvezzo’s placement into the corner of the far post that made it impossible for goalkeeper Alfredo Talavera to get a hand on it.
Edited by Gerd_Mueller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

^^^^^ Just when you think Emre Can's stunner at Watford couldn't be beaten .....

F me what a finish. Quality. 

Hail. 

Both great quality goals, but with much different set of skills.  The MX goal was sweet because he looked up, saw the opening, and struck it full strength.

Can was much more of a skilled shot, with his body contortion and still able to get on net was fantastic.  Love goals like these.

Busy L'pool Friday. Dead smart clobber with the new training gear release. Could do without the sponsor like but I aren't naive enough to realise that can't be turned down in today's game. Just adds to the belting new home strip. Phase two of the ground expansion as good as confirmed. New hybrid pitch going down the summer. And Phil over his dead leg for Southampton. 

Happy days! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

A couple of great pieces with Trent: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold exclusive - My Liverpool dream came true but I'm only just getting started - Liverpool Echo

Trent Alexander-Arnold on how Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard is inspiring him to reach the top - Liverpool Echo

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-interview-124305?utm_content=bufferbe9c6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Of all the superb young talent coming through, Trent's the one you feel has the best chance to be a 2/300 game lifer here. Great athlete and a very intelligent footballer who's technical ability will surely have him ultimately playing a lot further up the pitch. But FB's sound right now to get him out there and keep progressing his development. 

Something extra special about having a local lad the team. I get other clubs fans getting so excited about this mega money signing and that. That's great for any footie fan. But for me NOTHING beats bringing through a Liverpudlian. It's all about the culture and identity of the football club and Liverpool is ALWAYS better for it when there's a Scouser out on the pitch you can identify with. Knowing he's going to represent you and the City in the right way because he's steeped in it like yourself and fully understands what LFC means to the community it serves. That connection and pride in your own just can't be topped. 

Here's to Trent fulfilling that and being the latest in a long line of local good ones. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1