Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Nothing to say about tonight's game other than 

JUST WIN! I'll take the the most mind numbingly boring 90 minutes in history if it leads to the winner going in Lovren's arse the last minute! 

Te last said about having to travel to F-ing Heartfordhirs through mad traffic on a Bank Holiday Monday for a F-ing night game the better! TV ****bags! 

Up the Bogdan less Revenge Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Emre, you big, ugly mug. Just as I'm getting all for seeing you off this summer, you pull the prettiest goal of the year out yer ass! Nice timing too!

You know how AWFUL he was against Palace last week and tonight he was just absolutely strutting. 

He had a good three or four game run before Palace where I was keeping him.

That goal was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

I was watching the bein Sports Arab feed and Martin the Manc was commentating... he was literally speechless.  Trying to find the audio now but he simply said "Oh...." and was quiet for at least two seconds which was just as amazing as the goal.  It's midnight here or I'd look harder.

What a ****ing fight.  Defended well till the end there and was saved by the crossbar.  And what a save by Gomes, that was a goal for Sturridge perfect low and right outside the feet of the keeper and somehow he got his hand down to it.  Off of Sturridge's right, too.

Need two more, Redmen.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 3

3 more Cup Finals. 

3 more Cup Finals that these lads have shown again of late, Palace aside, they're gona' scrap tooth and nail to win. Watford, to their credit considering they've nottin' to play for, came out and gave it everything. They scrapped for every ball and made it a competitive battle all over the pitch. And L'pool stood tall and matched them blow for blow. Just as they did the Derby. Just as they did Stoke. Just as they did West Brom. These lads want this. We want this. 3 Cup Finals to ensure going to Munich next year over going Kazhikstain or some other far-flung outpost in our European playground. We NEED this. And these lads are up for the fight! 

I actually didn't think that was a bad game. It was just a tension-filled, end of season contest with SO much on the line. The first half hour was pretty non-descript, then Can forces a real good save out Gomez, L'pool slowly start to find more space, Lallana ****s the bar with a stunning strike, and then the goal of the PL season wins the game in first half injury time out of nowhere. After another terrific assist from Lucas. Absolute Worldie from Can who's really started to show the all-round ability he has the last month or so. Second half L'pool come out and really start to play, running Watford ragged for a good 25 minutes before Watford sent on the Giants and started pummelling it into the box. Only for Big Si to then come into his own and make one great take after another. Sturridge forces another top draw save out of Gomez that seemed to take an age to roll past the post. And some lad in yellow gives us a heart in mouth moment by smacking our bar in injury time. Which would have been a complete injustice. But would have been SO Liverpool. But it stayed out and these battling Reds got what they deserved. 

A few players worth an extra mention tonight: 

Adam Lallana. For proving yet again not only how he's SO integral to the way we play. But that he's by far and away the fittest player in this league. To come in cold after 5 weeks out and put in a shift like that. Brilliant. Capped off by that stunning strike that thudded the bar. And that 70 odd minutes in his legs will serve him well the last three. Great to know Phil's sound with nottin' serious too. 

Lucas Leiva. Man, I SERIOUSLY hope he's still here next year. Another superb performance sat protecting the backline (who were all great), winning most everything in the air. Standing firm against Deeney who's an absolute **** of a player. Always leaving the foot in. All arms and elbows. To not have the assured reliability if needed within the squad with the extra burden of Europe next year that Lucas brings would be a BIG void. And another assist! His third in 4 games. This time with a sumptuous ball for Can's Worldie. The dive the box though ..... If there's a new, novel way to get booked, Lucas will find it!

Big Si. Since he's come back into the side, he's barely put a foot wrong. His kickings still absolute ****e like. But that was never going to improve. But his decision making and all round presence has. He was dominating his box as Watford resorted to the aerial onslaught in desperation. And that looked a top drawer save the one he got his fingertips to, to turn over. Only for the ref. to give a G/K. 

Emre Can. Palace aside, it's one fantastic performance after another. Totally starting to show the all round ability we've known he has but have frustratingly not seen. Capped off by THAT goal. Not many people questioning a big contract now. GET IT DONE! THAT goal alone deserves the extension. 

Divock Origi. From the ridiculous to the sublime. First half, he was abysmal. No movement. Getting bullied off the ball. Nothing stuck to him. But then he cuts in from the left and forces a great save on 50/55, and suddenly his confidence is back and he's all over the final third looking a completely different player and a darn good striker. Feed off that Divock. BELIEVE you're the best on the pitch and you will be. Very positive second half from him. To be replaced be an equally good one the last mad 10 from Daniel. Man if that had gone in and not been saved .....

3 straight away wins for the first time under Jürgen. Back-to-back 1-0's at grounds we notoriously struggle at. And another MASSIVE step toward where this club so needs to be. 

3 more Cup finals. 

Up the Scrappy, Grown Up 1-0 Reds!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 3

Owen knows. ;) .

Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves admits Liverpool are ‘going places’ if they can finish above their Champions League rivals this season. Hargreaves says he has been impressed with what Liverpool have done this season.

He said:“For Liverpool, to finish the season third would be a great achievement.

To finish ahead of United, City, all the money they have spent, Arsenal, to finish ahead of them with the issues they have, the goalkeeper the back four... Liverpool are going places. Address that and maybe they can push Chelsea and Tottenham next season.”

Hail.

• Like 1

Could be headed for a playoff with City for third if we finish level on points/ GD/ Goals scored. 

May 24th at a neutral venue. 

Currently +1 GD/ +6 scored ahead of City. 3 Points clear but City have played a game less. 

City have Palace, Leicester, WBA at home, with Watford away last day left to play. 

The Reds have Southampton home, West Ham away, Middlesbrough home.

Hail. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Could be headed for a playoff with City for third if we finish level on points/ GD/ Goals scored. 

May 24th at a neutral venue. 

Currently +1 GD/ +6 scored ahead of City. 3 Points clear but City have played a game less. 

City have Palace, Leicester, WBA at home, with Watford away last day left to play. 

The Reds have Southampton home, West Ham away, Middlesbrough home.

Hail. 

After the Cup semi, love to do Southampton 4-1 or so to give a little breathing room. And Brough you'd think they do in well. 

Win 3, take 3!

• Like 2

i admit that i wasn't mad when lucas was mentioned as leaving... but he's a great squad player that will be valuable next year with the increase in games.  same with hendo.  i think we need to be better there in the mid-field, but he'd be great as a cup player and rotational relief for PL/CL games with some top notch mid-field talent.  not sure how hendo would handle that demotion, but i think it needs to happen.  nothing against him, but if liverpool wants to really compete in the CL, we need world class talent.  lucas, i think, would be fine with a role as a squad/cup player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dchogs said:

i admit that i wasn't mad when lucas was mentioned as leaving... but he's a great squad player that will be valuable next year with the increase in games.  same with hendo.  i think we need to be better there in the mid-field, but he'd be great as a cup player and rotational relief for PL/CL games with some top notch mid-field talent.  not sure how hendo would handle that demotion, but i think it needs to happen.  nothing against him, but if liverpool wants to really compete in the CL, we need world class talent.  lucas, i think, would be fine with a role as a squad/cup player.

I think it's getting to the point where serious questions need to be asked on Henderson's health regardless. 

He's missed WAY too much time the past few years. Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, you can't have your captain and first choice player so unreliable in his fitness. 

Completely agree a top class addition needs to be made there. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I think it's getting to the point where serious questions need to be asked on Henderson's health regardless. 

He's missed WAY too much time the past few years. Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, you can't have your captain and first choice player so unreliable in his fitness. 

Completely agree a top class addition needs to be made there. 

Hail. 

Hendo is the new Sturridge :/

4 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

CR7 on fire, guess it's another CL title for Real.

Undoubtedly the favorites.  But Juventus can pose problems.  Monaco are not going to be there with their young talent, but if Juventus can (and I think will) get to the final it's going to be something close I think.  

Ronaldo at this point is really a false 9 playing on the wing with no real back to the goal game and no defensive responsibilities.  he poaches brilliantly and if left alone can hit a strike from anywhere.  phenomenal in the box.  but if you man mark him like teams are starting to do to (ahem) hazard (ahem) you could mute him. 

I dunno, I just hate Ronaldo I think and am trying to convince myself anyone else has a shot.  I hate his selfishness.  I hate his narcissism.  I hate his inability to celebrate with teammates when he didn't score.  I hate his telling fans not to whistle at him.  I literally cannot stand him.  

With all that said watching him in his last years at ManU you could tell he was a worldie and would go down in the record books.  But there's just something so much more Shakespearean about competing week in week out in the premier league than moving to la liga for record fees and padding stats with all the other best players in the world and never fearing any troubles.  I love a blue collar worksman myself with just a bit of loyalty.  

Maybe I'm just upset with all the hazard to Real links going on.  I dunno.  Feck of Real I hope you lose by a billion.  

/rant