Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Welcome to Vanchester United. It's not Klopp or Cholo but the appointment could have been much worse. At the very least he can attract top players and claw back into the CL which would go a long way to stop the bleeding.

I am ecstatic it's not Klopp! That being said, Van Gaal with the Manchester United name brand should be able to attract top talent...

Aaron Ramsey is the best midfielder in the premiership and will make his claim to be best in the world next season. Wot a playa!

He was on his way until he got injured. The best midfielder in the premiership is Yaya Toure (IMO)

**In other news**

Looks like Liverpool are in pot 3 and will have a tough Champion's League draw...

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1826368/liverpool-pot-three-man-city-pot-two?cc=5901

Edited by jobaga

So Liverpool got Emre Can? Nice. Like him. Will fit wel as a more defending central midfielder. 

Only they go way to young at the midfield i.m.o. They need to add somebody with experience. Every midfielder (not named Gerrard) is under 25 already. 

Calm down A and switch over to a compelling game in Catalonia. Atletico 1 down and 2 key players off injured, 1 Costa that might well be his WC; are back tied at 1-1 with a little over an hour gone.

This should be one mad last half hour. Top defense against top attack.

Messi goal disallowed.

Man this is getting edgy.

Hail.

I was in Barcelona (not the stadium). Fans where going crazy. At one point I thought somebody would grab his beer and throw it at the telly in the pub. XD

Looks like Liverpool are in pot 3 and will have a tough Champion's League draw...

I guess you didn't look at Group 1: 

Pot 1

Real Madrid

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Chelsea

Benfica

Atletico Madrid

Arsenal *

FC Porto *

^That's a ****ing loaded group right there.

It has the two current finalists for the champions, the biggest Germany side - perennial power, no slouch in Barca - who went toe-to-toe with Atletico, annual Europa final challengers in Benfica - always played Chelsea tough ... and then two other chumps. 

He was on his way until he got injured. The best midfielder in the premiership is Yaya Toure (IMO)

Ramsey is a more complete player than Yaya.

Yaya scored 24 goals in 49 matches, Ramsey scored 16 in just 35. THat with the defensive shift he puts in, his tactical awareness, and how he really does lift everyone up around him, and his engine its Ramsey.

But agree to disagree.

I guess you didn't look at Group 1: 

Pot 1

Real Madrid[/size]

Barcelona[/size]

Bayern Munich[/size]

Chelsea[/size]

Benfica[/size]

Atletico Madrid[/size]

Arsenal *[/size]

FC Porto *[/size]

^That's a ****ing loaded group right there.

It has the two current finalists for the champions, the biggest Germany side - perennial power, no slouch in Barca - who went toe-to-toe with Atletico, annual Europa final challengers in Benfica - always played Chelsea tough ... and then two other chumps.

There are 4 pots, and only 4 teams can be in a group. You have to have a team in each pot.

Pot 1 are top dogs, Pot 3 are usually teams who are strong but are coming back into CL.

THe reason why Liverpool's group will be hard is because they are a strong side, from a big league, and cannot play against other Premiership teams. THey could luck up and get Porto or Atletico (who should be weaker this summer) or Benfica, but do not want Bayern or Real or Barca. Liverpool are very fortunate that United did not make it because that would limit their options to just 5 teams.

Ramsey is a more complete player than Yaya.

Yaya scored 24 goals in 49 matches, Ramsey scored 16 in just 35. THat with the defensive shift he puts in, his tactical awareness, and how he really does lift everyone up around him, and his engine its Ramsey.

But agree to disagree.

My point was that It's hard (for me) to call Ramsey the best midfielder in the league because of his lack of games played. I don't think it is a coincidence that Arsenal started to drop around the same time Ramsey went out. I think Ramsey is a great talent and could be the best in the premiership if he stayed healthy. That is the same reason I can't call RvP the best striker in the league…they are both always injured. At this point I might but him behind Hazard (even though I'm not sure if Hazard has ever heard the word defense before in his life) and maybe Silva (see Hazard).

• Like 1

My point was that It's hard (for me) to call Ramsey the best midfielder in the league because of his lack of games played. I don't think it is a coincidence that Arsenal started to drop around the same time Ramsey went out. I think Ramsey is a great talent and could be the best in the premiership if he stayed healthy. That is the same reason I can't call RvP the best striker in the league…they are both always injured. At this point I might but him behind Hazard (even though I'm not sure if Hazard has ever heard the word defense before in his life) and maybe Silva (see Hazard).

Fair enough.

Aaron Ramsey is the best midfielder in the premiership and will make his claim to be best in the world next season. Wot a playa!

Gooners from all over the world

http://imgur.com/a/4IpFG

What???  He is a good player, but not the best in Premiership and nowhere NEAR the best in the world.

EPL:  Toure, Hazard, Ozil, Barkley

World:  Vidal, Iniesta, Robben, Pjanic, Modric, Alonso, Rues, and the list could go on for half a page before you'd get to Ramsey.

Gooners from all over the world

http://imgur.com/a/4IpFG

Gonna miss him

article-2631275-1DF2EE1E00000578-111_634

Jack with the bantz (NSFW) LOL

Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Jack Wilshire, Matic, Ramires and Gerrard are all better. You say I overate Mata and you just said the words Aaron Ramsey and best in the world in the same sentence?

Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Jack Wilshire, Matic, Ramires and Gerrard are all better.

lay off the pipe, m8

The only one I would accept is Yaya. Everyone else is just quality trolling.

You say I overate Mata and you just said the words Aaron Ramsey and best in the world in the same sentence?

I actually said Ramsey is the best in the Premier League, and o will make a claim for best in the world next season.

And yes, Mata is overrated.

Edited by JoeWolf990

lay off the pipe, m8

The only one I would accept is Yaya. Everyone else is just quality trolling.

I actually said Ramsey is the best in the Premier League, and o will make a claim for best in the world next season.

And yes, Mata is overrated.

Legendary trolling.

In no particular order, Toure, Ramsey, Barkley, Gerrard and to a lesser degree as his form dipped late Hazard where the best central midfielders by far in England last year.

Out of those, I'd take Barkley or Ramsey going forward. Although Joe used a little fan license in his praise, Ramsey is a wonderful, all round central midfielder who is up there with anyone domestically the past season.

If he'd been fit all year it would of been interesting to see where Areenal ended up. Let's sayI honestly don't think it would if been a two horse title race. (Chelsea were never in it whatever the media tried to say.).

Outside of Gerrard, who's on the downside of a brilliant career and moving further and further back to slowly fake him out I the discussion; NO player is as influential to their team as Aaron Ramsey.

When he plays, Areenal play. Wilshire isn't in the same league.

Hail.

Hazard was a wide forward last year.

I cannot include Gerrard considering where he played and the goals he gave up.

Barkley was hot and cold most of the year.

Legendary trolling.

Im sorry, anyone including Jack Wilshere in their top MFs in the premiership is just not worth having a legit conversation on the topic of best midfielders in the Premiership with. You can write for the Daily Star doe:

abhe0pW.jpg

Edited by JoeWolf990

**In other news**

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1826368/liverpool-pot-three-man-city-pot-two?cc=5901

Don't say I didn't tell yer weeks back.

Pot 1 is gonna' be a brilliant trip regardless. Benficas the least appealing and Lisbon is still the cheapest Capitol City in Europe. 1 in 2 chance of going to Spain. 1 in 3 of going to Madrid, which would be fantastic. I personally want Munich but then with Pot 2 I'll pass on them .....

Pot 2 is a HORRIFIC group. Hooligan central. Dortmund or Schalke are the only 'safe' trips in there. Everywhere else would be a nightmare.

Love that Napoli and CSKA are in pot 3 so that takes away a further two horrid trips. Bilbao look like they'll be in pot 3 if they qualify which is gutting as that would of been the best trip in Europe next year.

Pot 4's a complete mixed bag. Defo DON'T want another trip to Rome. Celtic would be nice and cheap. Pragues always brilliant. Monaco is one of my favourite City's in the World and someone like Macabi Tel Aviv would be great to qualify just to say you'd been to Israel.

As stands, dream group would be-

Porto or either Madrid team/ Dortmund or Schalke/ Sporting if no Porto, or Gala/ Olympiacis/ Salzburg or Tel Aviv if they qualify.

Nightmare hooly group:

Any of Juve/ PSG/ Schaktar/ Basel/ Zenit/ CSKA/ Napoli/ Roma.

Draws August 28 at 5PM. (12PM EST.).

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Hope Derby beats QPR for promotion.

As much as Loftus Road is my favourite London ground, Derby hands down please.

I don't want that odious, fraud POS Redknapp ANYWHERE near the top league. Can't stand that plastic faced ****.

Plus there's talk of Wisdom having another season on loan at Derby which would be great for his development at the highest level.

Hail.

• Like 1

I was in Barcelona (not the stadium). Fans where going crazy. At one point I thought somebody would grab his beer and throw it at the telly in the pub. XD

Lol. Fantastic. There's a brilliant shot of a lad in a Madrid shirt jumping up behind the goal when Atletico equalise. Giving them just 450 official tickets out of 95k was an absolute disgrace but credit the Barca fans who were magnificently sporting at the end in disappointment to stay back and applaud Madrid off the pitch.

The fact you had a late Spring break in Barcelona doesn't make me jealous at all.

****er! Lol.

Hail.

If you call sacking Moyes a panic move I call it common sense

To sack the 'Chosen One', hand picked by his predecessor (a man who ANYONE would of struggled to follow. Not least with the poor squad he left behind. Champions or not); before the season was out is the very definition of a 'panic move' however you dress it up.

No question Moyes is a clueless dope but to not even give him the full season at least after you'd hired him in a 6 year deal? ..... That just makes Utd look like A N Other average nomark club. Rodgers was 7th with no silverware his first season .....

I actually think Tottenham sniffing around Van Gaal forced the Glaziers to panic and move as there's next to nothing of note free this summer.

Hail.