Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Just because this is gonna' be a LONG night, and Wylie's just encompassing everything I'm still trying to cling to praying for one last time for God to guide those 6 woman and 3 men to do the right, just thing tomorrow and let us finally start to heal. I'm so proud to come from the greatest City on Earth and how we've fought for nearly three decades for something we NEVER should of had to. I love this City, I love it's people and our spirit in the face of everything over the years. I'm babling because in all honesty I'm scared ****less tomorrow will just be yet another hammer blow. But then I listen to Pete and it just reminds me of what we're all about and why you have to stay strong and believe you will be vindicated for doing the right thing. 

1 more push Lord ...... 27 years is enough. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

I shall write on this later as I'm currently just sat here in bits. Part frustration, part relief, but just so thankful that after nearly three decades we've been vindicated for what we knew was the truth on that horrific day. The fact that after 27 years, in a court of law, albeit a coroners court, to FINALLY have it official that we didn't kill our own I can not begin to tell you. Dealing with that day has been hard enough initself and will be until the day we die. But living with that cloud over us from so many who believed the Establishments coverup, and still sadly do to this day, that I played a part in killing my own has been like a double punishment to have to deal with.

I was holding it together until the family's started singing YNWA. Then I just went. Momentous day but not a celebratory one being its come 27 years too late. Just relief and vindication for what we've always known.

Just so so sad that great people like Anne Williams and John Glover who fought so tirelessly against the highest powers in the land for the truth and justice for their loved ones are sadly no longer here to hear the verdict they fought so hard for.

JFT96.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 6

At the end of the storm there's a golden sky

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36138337

Hillsborough inquests: Fans unlawfully killed, jury concludes

Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.

The jury decided the match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield's actions amounted to "gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care to fans.

Police errors also added to a dangerous situation at the FA Cup semi-final.

After a 27-year campaign by victims' families, the behaviour of Liverpool fans was exonerated.

The jury found they did not contribute to the danger unfolding at the turnstiles at the Leppings Lane end of Sheffield Wednesday's ground on 15 April 1989.

Live reporting from the Hillsborough Inquests

When the conclusion of the unlawful killing was revealed, families were seen hugging each other in the public gallery and some punched the air.

The jury also concluded

• Police errors caused a dangerous situation at the turnstiles
  • Failures by commanding officers caused a crush on the terraces
  • There were mistakes in the police control box over the order to open the Leppings Lane end exit gates
  • Defects at the stadium contributed to the disaster
  • There was an error in the safety certification of the Hillsborough stadium
  • South Yorkshire Police and South Yorkshire Ambulance Service delayed declaring a major incident
  • The emergency response was therefore delayed
  • Sheffield Wednesday failed to approve the plans for dedicated turnstiles for each pen
  • There was inadequate signage at the club and misleading information on match tickets
  • Club officials should have requested a delay in kick off as they were aware of a huge number of fans outside shortly before the game was due to start

People in the public gallery applauded the jury as they left court, with some standing up to clap them out.

more at link above

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

City needs to win this. We all know what UFEA is doing with the easy match ups. Funny considering people gotta Barca calling them UFEAlona when they haven't gotten anything easy. I want City to make them cry by ruining their final. Then I hope the winner comes out our semi. Atletico has a shot at redemption and Pep has a chance to go out a real winner.

Not to open a can

To this day I don't understand how a incident like hilsborough happens. I've read about it and heard everything from hear. I haven't watched any videos if there is ones. I just don't understand how a situation happens where 96 people get actually crushed. I'm still scratching my head. I'm not sure anyone can truly explain to me how that happens and me comprehend it

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I was holding it together until the family's started singing YNWA.

J4T96.

Hail.

was going to post that vid from twitter, but i couldn't figure it out on my phone. it was really touching, though for those involved, i'm sure THAT song sung NOW boy those FAMILY members is much more than touching- it is relief, it is remembrance, it is- finally- justice.

YNWA96

• Like 2

Speaking of Poaching:

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/rumor-mill-london-clubs-look-to-poach-europe-s-top-talent-042516

IMHO, this is the way of the sport at this point.  With all the money, the days of teams relying mostly on talent brought up in their own academies.

I agree. They tried to fix it with financial fair play, but that was a joke.

• Like 1

I agree. They tried to fix it with financial fair play, but that was a joke.

Really it just locks teams into where they are.  And the bigger the club the less likely punishments are going to be hard felt.

However, good news, Blackburn are safe from relegation.  Now we'll see if Paul Lambert walks if the owners don't talk to him soon...

• Like 2

Why the Sun will never be found in Liverpool as long as LFC exists.

EVERY major (and a lot of minor, local ones) newspaper is leading with today's monumental events. Except the two that Rupert Murdoch owns. Who don't have a mention on their front papers. (And doubtless not in the entire publications at all.). 

ChACJhtWwAIiD8D.jpg

ChACMs5WkAEIUbP.jpg

Shouldn't be surprised at all but still ..... Contemptible. bitter, sad ****s. 

Hail. 

Embarrassed for Barrett that he feels the need to apologise for the paper he works for, The Times, following the other Murdoch paper the S*n in being the only ones to not lead, or even mention, on their front page with yesterday's monuments events. 

Tony Barrett  ‏@TonyBarretTimes  

Don't be soft Tony lad. You're one of the good guys. One of our own. We need more men like you. You've let 'nobody down.' You can't legislate for those above you taking the crass, pathetic, bitter decision to continue to make complete arse's of themselves.

Sun and Times: 14 Hillsborough questions - Football365

Hail. 

• Like 1

Sakho not challenging: Sakho shock - Liverpool defender declines B sample test - Liverpool Echo

I presume they're thinking if he doesn't request the B sample tested it'll go through quicker so any possible ban will be started quicker. Even pleading 'mitigating circumstances' (an absolute joke in itself as you don't have to know what's in something. But in this day and age there's NO excuse for not running it by the club doc) it's sounding like a lengthy ban. 

Can see him being done at ours now. But that get's tricky as you have a £20 million player. Do you pay him for doing nottin' for a year then hope to sell him? Can you suspend him without pay? (Surely it's a breach of his contract. Failing a frigging drugs test?). 

Messy, messy situation. The frigging boneheaded idiot.

Hail. 

• Like 1