Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Couldn't agree more.

Mou is a shell of his 'former self', which wasn't so great IMHO.  He led the charge to play "park the bus", but not much else.  Works for smaller, less talented clubs but just stifles any creativity for good sides.  He'd completely kill off United and most likely end up worse off than he is now.

That would be fantastic.

I assume you did not watch many Chelsea games last season when they won the Premier League. For the first 3/4s of the season they played brilliant football. Hazard and Fabergas were outstanding and Costa was impossible to stop at times. Matic and the back four were world class. They cut sides apart and scored goals for gun. Last part of the year when they were defending a points cushion they became very defensive and went back to the low block, hit them on the counter tactics.

I hate Man U. But Jose would have them contending for the title again in 2 seasons - and probably win it his 3rd year and be gone after his fourth :-)

• Like 2

S50543677.jpg

This is Stephen Farrelly. More commonly known by his ring name Sheamus. A WWE Irish/ American wrestling superstar and apparently one of the best around for anyone interested in that jazz. 

Sheamus is a massive red over here for a few days from the States on a wrestling promotion.

This was Sheamus last night in the ring last night in Manchester. Apparently they didn't take too kindly to him haha:

https://twitter.com/tzrry/status/722554039393759233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hail. 

• Like 1

Power clash at its finest.  Us redheads don't do bright red clothing very well.  I go burgundy or maroon, but that's about it.

Anyone in that staged 'wrestling' carry on has a lot to answer for but what would I know? And on that note I shall depart ......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Before the hip kids get here and tell me how cool it all is and is 100% on the level!

Hail. 

*Edit* Still a class way to wind up a bunch of Mancs like haha. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I assume you did not watch many Chelsea games last season when they won the Premier League. For the first 3/4s of the season they played brilliant football. Hazard and Fabergas were outstanding and Costa was impossible to stop at times. Matic and the back four were world class. They cut sides apart and scored goals for gun. Last part of the year when they were defending a points cushion they became very defensive and went back to the low block, hit them on the counter tactics.

I hate Man U. But Jose would have them contending for the title again in 2 seasons - and probably win it his 3rd year and be gone after his fourth :-)

This is exactly what would happen if Mourinho took ManU over.  Instant contenders and would win the premiership sooner rather than later.  Like I said, I'd rather them sign someone else and be scratching and clawing for top 4 than ink mourinho and essentially guarantee themselves a league championship in the next three years.  That's the contract you sign when you get mourinho...kinda like deals with the devil.  

So they won the EPL (when it was arguably the WORST overall season for the league).  Doesn't mean they were good.  The rest of the league was crap (and much worse).

They got embarrassed by an average PSG side - knocked out vs a 10 man side who completely bossed the midfield vs "His Chelsea".  Not impressed.

Cant imagine that Martinez is staying at this point, even if he wins the FA cup. Just feels like the players and team are finished. Plus it would surprise me if the new owner wants to start things off fresh. Hopefully they can lure a big manager with the influx of cash and some of the talent we have on the team. And hopefully a manager that would make Lukaku willing to stick around.

Side note, Dortmund plays today so hoping that Pulisic gets some play time.

• Like 1

Cant imagine that Martinez is staying at this point, even if he wins the FA cup. Just feels like the players and team are finished. Plus it would surprise me if the new owner wants to start things off fresh. Hopefully they can lure a big manager with the influx of cash and some of the talent we have on the team. And hopefully a manager that would make Lukaku willing to stick around.

Side note, Dortmund plays today so hoping that Pulisic gets some play time.

Rumor around Chelsea is we want Lukaku back and are willing to pay top dollar.  Lukaku has always talked fondly of Chelsea as well, even after he was sold.

I think Stones and Lukaku are pretty much gone from Everton...it's just a matter of time.  Agreed with Pulisic.  He's so young, it's shocking he has gotten time with the first  team at BvB.  a real testament to the kid's abilities.

Edited by SkinssRvA

Rumor around Chelsea is we want Lukaku back and are willing to pay top dollar.  Lukaku has always talked fondly of Chelsea as well, even after he was sold.

I think Stones and Lukaku are pretty much gone from Everton...it's just a matter of time.  Agreed with Pulisic.  He's so young, it's shocking he has gotten time with the first  team at BvB.  a real testament to the kid's abilities.

Possibly. If it wasnt for the new owner I would say yeah, but having the big influx of cash of a new investor which will allow us to buy players and build the squad could change things. I would like to keep Lukaku obviously, but if we do sell him it will be for so much we could buy a few good players.

I don't understand why everton fans are so angry about Martinez. They are soft defensively but Martinez has them safe and in a cup semi final. Everything about them is mid table. If I was top 4 team the only players id be interested in would be stones and lukaku.

• Like 2

So they won the EPL (when it was arguably the WORST overall season for the league).  Doesn't mean they were good.  The rest of the league was crap (and much worse).

They got embarrassed by an average PSG side - knocked out vs a 10 man side who completely bossed the midfield vs "His Chelsea".  Not impressed.

I'm sure Jose lies awake at night worrying your not impressed. Meanwhile he has quite the CV ...

By the way I would add that this years Premier League is the worst overall season I can recall from a quality of football perspective. Its been very very average at best. Its a lot more interesting than last year - but some very poor football.

• Like 3

By the way I would add that this years Premier League is the worst overall season I can recall from a quality of football perspective. Its been very very average at best. Its a lot more interesting than last year - but some very poor football.

Would agree especially the quality of defending has been abysmal. LCFC are where they are as they've just been more consistent than anyone. O quote my favourite football journalist Tim Vickery. It's been competitive but don't mistake competitiveness for quality.
  • Like 1

Sitting at the Salty Dog with a couple in me,Worked on the house all day, and loving life!

My boy Lallana running the channels like a champ. Origi is sweetly coming into his own, and Sakho with 2 in 3 games! Has that EVER happened?

Bartender, another please!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2