Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Learn this one and it's all down hill from there. This is the one you'll hear more of home and away. We'll get into "Poor Scouser Tommy" next year. That one is next level and we still haven't seen jobaga since we tried to teach him.

that one's my favorite of the bunch... i have a live version on youtube saved as a favorite on my phone to psych up the troops leading up to the game. it's the liverpoool/chelski match from 1/5/07...

• Like 2

It will come down to depth/injuries.  If they have key players go down that will be tested.  I haven't watched them at all this year so I don't know who that would be outside of their top scorers.  Though if they have injuries there then they'll want Tom Lawrence back from Blackburn and that would suck for us.

That's the ling with Les'ter... they don't play anything except for Premier League so they're going to be fine.

I love how BEIN and FS1 are showing more Championship lately.  It's fun to watch.

that one's my favorite of the bunch... i have a live version on youtube saved as a favorite on my phone to psych up the troops leading up to the game. it's the liverpoool/chelski match from 1/5/07...

I have the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BGkFYHG5Y

I love how BEIN and FS1 are showing more Championship lately.  It's fun to watch.

I don't know when or if I'll ever have these again.  I've been thinking about getting RoversPlayer, which would allow me to watch recordings of the games.  Probably the best I'll get, but I don't have the extra money to spend on that right now.

Part of me thinks he was pressured by the owners, who were getting out, during that time.  They wanted to cash in.

Trust me, Alonso was ALL him. You honestly wouldn't believe some of the **** he pulled. And that's straight from the GM, Parry, at the times mouth. (We got to know Rick quite well through a fan initiative they did for dialogue. He's not divulged everything, but he kept a dossier on everything that went out of Melwood, mostly from Rafa's office. And what he has said on certain things you wouldn't believe how they went down.). 

He tried to jettison Xabi a year before he left for Garry Barry. Seriously. The best passer of a ball in World football along with Xavi of his generation and he wanted Gareth ****ing Barry because he was better defensively and would run more. No wonder Alonso said '**** you' when his contract was up. As much as he (still) openly loves the club. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And that's not to condone the Yank ****s. (No offence to any Americans.). They were a complete and utter disgrace. But he wasn't stupid either and manipulated a lot of that situation to his own ends as regards the fans. 

I'm gonna' step away, as I have very mixed views on Benitez and don't want to lay into  someone who I totally respect for giving me the single greatest day/night of my life May 25, 2005 by the banks of the Bosphorus in that far flung land when we won it for keeps. 

That time has passed. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Fantastic goal by Alonso in the DFB Pokal round of 16 .....

That's good. 

But it's not Luton good .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylfsMcPC4yc

Which spawned a great song to the tune of The Beatles 'Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da' .....

A-L-O, N-S-O, It's Alonnnnnso

Xabi, Xabi Al-on-so (Repeat)

He came from Sociedad to play in our midfield, 

His passing and his shooting are sublime, 

If we had to chose between him and Fat Frank, 

We would chose Xabi everytime;

A-L-O, N-S-O, It's Alonnnnso

Down at Luton Town in the FA Cup, 

Xabi and the keeper had a race, 

Xabi had a shot from 70 yards, 

Yer should of seen the look on Gerrards face; 

A-L-O, N-S-O, It's Alonnnnnso

And the best of all .....

God I miss that man. He should still be wearing red now. Sighs. 

Hail. 

Just so you Liverpudlians know how much you've gotten into my brain...

In my FIFA career with Blackburn I'm in the Europa league and doing well above my hopes and expectation, which was to just get out of the group.  I'm in the quarter finals against Liverpool and my immediate thought was "I need to win now or I'll never hear the end of it from those guys on ES."

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 1

Just so you Liverpudlians know how much you've gotten into my brain...

In my FIFA career with Blackburn I'm in the Europa league and doing well above my hopes and expectation, which was to just get out of the group.  I'm in the quarter finals against Liverpool and my immediate thought was "I need to win now or I'll never hear the end of it from those guys on ES."

I'm gonna' go with an educated guess and say that may well be Blackburn's best ever campaign in European football. 

Get your CV into the Venky's ASAP!

**** Lambert. OB for Ewood! Who's with me!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just coming in to post Romans finally had enough.

Be interesting to see where the egotistical gob****e goes from here after all the **** he's pulled this season.

As regards Chelsea, they'll probably go on a run now which we could do without.

Presume they have someone lined up for the summer. Be interesting to see what Pep says next week.

Hail.

Life comes at you fast

With £40 mil ! Even more ridiculous, when you realized that's the second time Abrahamovitch is paying big money to fire him.

Last time, it was in 2007, he paid him £16 mil !

Probably the first coach who have earned more money by being fired than by coaching.

That makes him "the special one".

Edited by FrFan