Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Quite possibly the least meaningful game of the year, today.

I am interested to see the 11 and I will be watching this one.  Hopefully it's an extension of an academy game to the greatest extent possible.  I'm not sure how many of the kids we named to the Europa league side, though.

Shout out to the Gooners in here.  For real.  That was some sexy ball movement yesterday.  Hell of a mountain to climb.  Ya'll got it done and you should be very pleased.  This will be an interesting draw.

• Like 1

Maybe a better way to look at the match is it another learning experience for the players to adapt to Klopp's style.

Not a ton of energy exuded on either side to be honest.  Both teams were content where they were at.

Spurs look threatening.  They're in outstanding form.

Would be really interested to see this draw.  Borussia Dortmund is a possibility.  That story writes itself doesn't it?

michael owen Verified account @themichaelowen 7h7 hours ago

A section of the pitch is frozen solid here in Sion but the match goes ahead on BT Sport. https://www.sportlobster.com/post/605377/a-section-of-the-pitch-is-froz.html 

CV4WxF1WUAAY814.jpg

EDIT:  Plus, as you can see above, the pitch was half-frozen.  So it kind of eliminated the attacks from those sides of the pitch.  So it was an all in all weird match.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Not a ton of energy exuded on either side to be honest.  Both teams were content where they were at.

Spurs look threatening.  They're in outstanding form.

Would be really interested to see this draw.  Borussia Dortmund is a possibility.  That story writes itself doesn't it?

michael owen Verified account ‏@themichaelowen 7h7 hours ago

A section of the pitch is frozen solid here in Sion but the match goes ahead on BT Sport. https://www.sportlobster.com/post/605377/a-section-of-the-pitch-is-froz.html …

EDIT:  Plus, as you can see above, the pitch was half-frozen.  So it kind of eliminated the attacks from those sides of the pitch.  So it was an all in all weird match.

Would much prefer to see them meet in the Final.  It would be such a great story (and make Europa League folks REALLY happy).

Didn't see the match/pitch.  With what you showed, best to be happy nobody gets hurt and take the draw back home.

• Like 1

On the bench today for LFC U-21 today vs Celtic.... American Obi Wan Kenobi (aka... our only hope):

Watched a bit of Jordan Morris last night for Stanford.  He is a tidy player, too... I just don't know if he has the goods.  I don't see anything special in his technical abilities, but what I do like is his confidence and his leadership ability (or the potential of it).

Edited by DC9

Always amuses me when no-mark clubs like Villa, Newcastle and our blue 'mates' from over the park mock Thursday night Euroepan Europa League footie. Let me think for a moment ..... 3 days getting bevvied with yer mates in Zurich, Sion/ Conthey and Geneva, taking in two great City's and a boss little alpine one; all with an idyllic couple of train journeys through the Swiss Alps and round lake Geneva with fantastic hospitality and great scran and wine ..... Or sat back at home wet and cold in rainy L'pool watching Corrie ..... I know where I (and they dream to be) would rather be.

Great trip (bar the game. If anyone was EVER in ANY doubt certain results aren't decided before the game when it suits both sides that certainly dispelled that. Was there even a shot on target the whole game from either side?); with the best Euro away atmosphere for a LONG time. Normally, you're either half into it, or its 'this is ****. I'm freezing cold. Can we get back the ale already?' with a sterile atmosphere. But whether it was because we'd already qualified and weren't arsed or that we only had 500 officially and only the regulars were out I don't know; but that was rocking the full 90 with song after song. Real fun time aside from the nonevent on the pitch. And what a ****ing draw is in prospect Monday ..... Can't remember the last time we had 15 chances with not one a bad one. Donetsk is probably the worst, but at least there's no Visa needed for the Ukraine, but everything else .....

Anderlecht/ Augsburg/ Dortmund/ Fenerbache/ Fiorentina/ Galatasary/ Marseille/ Mijtaland (the only other ugh. Looks a **** to get to and a serious ticket scramble unless they moved it to Copenhagen then 'Way Hey!'/ Marseille/ Saint-Etieme/ Sevilla/ Sparta Prague/ Sporting Lisbon/ Valencia or Villareal ...... BIG ASS Homer J drool for Monday's draw! Struggling to pick a favourite out of those! Yeah, another boss trip in February or stuck at home watching telly ..... Thursday night football SUCKS!

Talking of sucking though ..... Exeter. Friday ****ing night! Days Holliday gone already the NY, with a more expensive hotel stay over, which ruins the night after the game as every things shut and no viable cheap way down ..... Magic of the FA Cup my pasty white ass! BBC ****s!

Hail.

• Like 1

Ahem....

I'm telling ya'll... this boy is going to be for real:

This Is Anfield @thisisanfield 43m43 minutes ago

Goals from impressive substitute Brooks Lennon and captain Cameron Brannagan gave Liverpool U21s a 2-0 win over Celtic this afternoon.

Andy Kelly Verified account @AndyK_LivNews 51m51 minutes ago

Woodwork denies Brooks Lennon in last seconds. American could have had hat-trick off the bench. Positive 2-0 win over Celtic ends Int Cup.

Seems pretty petty

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Ahem....

I'm telling ya'll... this boy is going to be for real:

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield 43m43 minutes ago

Goals from impressive substitute Brooks Lennon and captain Cameron Brannagan gave Liverpool U21s a 2-0 win over Celtic this afternoon.

Andy Kelly Verified account ‏@AndyK_LivNews 51m51 minutes ago

Woodwork denies Brooks Lennon in last seconds. American could have had hat-trick off the bench. Positive 2-0 win over Celtic ends Int Cup.

One for you man as I know you love this **** .....

Take a look at whomever the number 9 is for Lyon right now. Seen a montage of him on some Swiss/ French TV show last night and he looked frigging unreal. Wizard of the dribble with some excellent, self made goals the end of it. 

Hail. 

One for you man as I know you love this **** .....

Take a look at whomever the number 9 is for Lyon right now. Seen a montage of him on some Swiss/ French TV show last night and he looked frigging unreal. Wizard of the dribble with some excellent, self made goals the end of it. 

Hail. 

You talking about Lacazzette?

Nope. Wasn't him. Never caught his name. Just his number. 

Very tricky little black fella'. 

Hail. 

Looks like it's Claudio Beauvue?

Never heard of him, honestly.  When I build my teams from the 4th tier and bring them up on FIFA I normally have Italian and French midfielders, but normally not in the attack.  I did have Anthony Martial in FIFA 2012 and got him WAY up to a 91, but that's about it. I'll have to give him a look.

Really unlucky for Swansea there.  It seems like Gomis scores every time I watch him play.  Then City come back down and get a lucky deflection for the win.  Ugh... too bad.  Swansea deserved a point.

• Like 1

Massively important we don't mess up again today after last week. 

And being as it's frigging Pulis, who'll doubtless just come and sit in his own area as always I don't have a great feeling on winning this one being how we continue to struggle breaking down teams that just sit deep. That said, having Henderson and Phil back (even off the bench) should be a big step forward there.

For the third week running, I'll happily take a scummy 1-0 to keep getting the points until we start to click again attack wise.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Yeah, those are my exact thoughts, GHH.  I saw it was Pulis and and know we're going to have to get something special early on.

Hopefully someone steps up.

Phil should be back and we should have a legit midfield.  Someone should slap Benteke's mother right in front of him before the game.

Other than that, Come on You Mighty Reds!

This is my favorite time of year.  Lot's of matches on top of matches.

• Like 1

Villa will be going down this year.

Might be ripe for the picking for Danny to buy them when they're in the Championship, too.

That's a story to keep an eye on.  Not one that's being talked about an awful lot, but he has his eye on a couple of clubs over there.

And btw, WOW.  I have no words.  Saw that he was getting into with the ref late in the game before Howe took him off.  What a strong man and a great show from the entire team to come up to him and help him off the pitch as he started to lose it.  I didn't know about this at the time, but it makes sense now.

8 Fact Football @8Fact_Footballl 59m59 minutes ago

Huge respect for Harry Arter who helped Bournemouth beat Man Utd despite the loss of his child at birth this week.

CWHSFw4W4AAfbZv.jpg

I really like Eddie Howe.

• Like 2