Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I actually did go back through my posts here, just to make sure.

You are really starting to sound like the crazy Uncle (or grandparent) in the family.

I NEVER start in with you, but I won't back off when you make the crazy statements that you always seem to do. Don't push it. :P

... and you will see where I said (at least a fellow can dream, yes/??).

Never said he wouldn't every go to Pool. Don't care that he went to pool. Don't really every think about Pool (until GHH brings up Bayern or me in a negative way). You guys aren't on our Radar, sadly to say. Hope you can get back there, but now, you are just a mid-table side in the EPL who Bayern won't have to play any time soon.

#10231939 And I never went back further than that. Your revisionist history is something. The line about you 'NEVER starting in' just doesn't deserve an answer.

And word to the unwise. Liverpool Football Club returned to the English top flight in 1961. Since then, they've never finished lower than 8th. And only finished outside the top 5 on 10 occasions.

Bayern have managed two 10th place finishes and a 12th in that period. The last as recently as 1992.

Your definition of 'mid-table' needs some SERIOUS back to school work.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

This has become almost political in the out right propaganda shown in this thread lately.  Kind of sad.

You should go read btfoom's post DURING the Champion's League final about how Barca don't deserve it and if Bayern were healthy they would be lifting the trophy, yada yada yada.  And already had Bayern as favorites next season :lol:

.. and you will see where I said (at least a fellow can dream, yes/??).

Never said he wouldn't every go to Pool.  Don't care that he went to pool.  Don't really every think about Pool (until GHH brings up Bayern or me in a negative way).  You guys aren't on our Radar, sadly to say.  Hope  you can get back there, but now, you are just a mid-table side in the EPL who Bayern won't have to play any time soon.

Brother... if it had gone the other way, you 100% would've said "See, I called it" using that same post.

Bundesliga supporters can only commit 51% to a cause, though, or so I'm told.

I'm all Red, all day... what's up?

I don't know why anyone would think that Klopp (or any other top European manager) would want to come to Pool.

This isn't anything against the club, but look at the reality.  They had one good season last year, and followed it up by coming in 6th (barely).  They thought folks like Lambert and Balotelli would make up for Suarez. Wrong.

They are right now where they are supposed to be with this talent - just above mid-table.  Barely scraping into Europa league and no real future to move up, now that ManU have sorted themselves out and will spend whatever it takes to stay 4th.  No seasoned European coach would go there  when there are so many other jobs open that will involve CL football.

Yeah, that too

Because Klopp is known to like challenges.

And fair play to FR, go ahead with your bad self, sir.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Being as we play them again Sunday, time to sit back and enjoy two special Premiership games, in back to back seasons, against Newcastle. Two barnstorming games in rocking atmospheres. The rollercoaster of emotions, especially through the first one, I don't think I've ever experienced save for Istanbul. 

Everything that makes this game so special and reminds you why we love it so much and keep coming back for more. 

Absolute travesty that Evans side never won the league with all the individual talent.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just watched the Duke vs Florida State ladies college semis... what a game for the Blue Devils.  Better football than you see out of the MLS.  And as a guy with about 20% of my family are FSU alums... it's never bad when they lose like that this close to Christmas.  I get to rub it in, cause I ain't one of those 20% lol.

Well played game for both sides.  Very technical and very entertaining.  Impressed.

• Like 1

Other than Leicester City I think we got the best results possible.

Arsenal thought about it, but they got their **** together.  Ozil had a good day for them and even Ramsey scored.

Get in Bournemouth!  Congrats!

Deluded Brendan @DeludedBrendan Nov 7

Only one man can save Chelsea

CTO2qagW4AA2KXs.jpg

Jurgen Klopp @ItsJurgenKlopp 1m1 minute ago

I still think Chelsea will win the league next season. It's just whether Burnley and Nottingham Forrest have a good window.

1 retweet 0 likes

• Like 1

This is fixing to be another fantastic weekend for the title charging Scousers!

City, Utd and 'Spurs all dropping unexpected points. And the fork well and truly stuck in Chelsea's hopes of a top 4 slot. 

Happily take another scummy 1-0 like last Sunday tomorrow to keep the momentum rolling.

Hail. 

Were you in this one bro or were you on the other side?

Liverpool Family ‏@lfc_family 1m1 minute ago

Anyone has this same picture without "make us dream"?

Was that the pyro down at Southampton Wednesday? No, we where in line with the 6 yard box, near the gangway with a couple of flags hung up a few rows behind. 'Bout half way up. Smelt the pyro soon as Sturridge scored before I turned to see the red smoke lol. 

Or is it City? In which case I need to take a close look haha. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I think Liverpool are the best team in in the premier league right now. It's there for the taking lads.

Have to say the quality of the Premier league this year is pants. The gulf between the 'top' English teams and top teams in Europe is huge right now.

Was that the pyro down at Southampton Wednesday? No, we where in line with the 6 yard box, near the gangway with a couple of flags hung up a few rows behind. 'Bout half way up. Smelt the pyro soon as Sturridge scored before I turned to see the red smoke lol. 

Or is it City? In which case I need to take a close look haha. 

Hail. 

From what I gathered it's Southampton

• Like 1

Have to say the quality of the Premier league this year is pants. The gulf between the 'top' English teams and top teams in Europe is huge right now.

Have no fear. We are Basle bound to start to redress the balance in the Europa!

*Then Trondheim for the Super Cup/ Cardiff next years Champions Cup Final/ Japan this time 2017 for the WCC!

Hail. 

Worst in years. Probably ever. Klopp has the ability to push Liverpool all the way amongst this crock of you know what.

• Like 1

From what I gathered it's Southampton

Thought so. Then see above mon ami. 

I SERIOUSLY need to take you there. Best away pub the league that still non of our fans have gotten on as it's a little out the way. The Old Farmhouse. Cracking scran in there too!

Worst in years. Probably ever. Klopp has the ability to push Liverpool all the way amongst this crock of you know what.

To be fair it's been steadily declining since Ferguson's last ridiculous title when  nobody else wanted it and RVP won it by himself for arguably Fergies worst ever Utd squad the PL era. 

Just frigging typical City had to match our brilliant season two years back and pip us at the post. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/fifa/article1641959.ece

Qatar World Cup scandal deepens

FIFA is facing calls to withdraw the hosting rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups from Russia and Qatar as it emerged that two-thirds of the executives originally tasked with awarding the two competitions are now mired in alleged corruption.

A staggering 16 out of the serving 24 committee members from the year the tournaments were granted are now being investigated or have been punished for misconduct.

The latest round of arrests by the FBI in the Americas and Zurich mean that eight of the committee who voted for Qatar and Russia are now suspected of involvement in crimes, although one has died.

A ninth is serving a suspended jail sentence and seven others have been banned, disciplined or are being investigated for breaching ethics rules.

Point of interest for American fans out there .....

Seen DeAndre Yedlin play for Sunderland a few times now and he looks completely out of his depth. Granted, he's in a poor situation with a piss poor team. And he's still real raw and inexperienced. (Yesterday was his 6th or 7th game I believe.). But he doesn't look like he'll ever cut it at this level consistently. Been playing RB and LW have been playing with him. 

Good morning, Reds!

Here's to a day that sees us through with a win at Newcastle, and sees the Giants and Eagles fall.

Morning lid. 

I can see this one going one of two ways. We score early, and absolutely batter them. Or they bunker in, and we get held to a frustrating draw. Hopefully the former as Newcastle are pathetically bad. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Point of interest for American fans out there .....

Seen DeAndre Yedlin play for Sunderland a few times now and he looks completely out of his depth. Granted, he's in a poor situation with a piss poor team. And he's still real raw and inexperienced. (Yesterday was his 6th or 7th game I believe.). But he doesn't look like he'll ever cut it at this level consistently. Been playing RB and LW have been playing with him.

Another Sterling? All pace, no grace? :):)

Let's go Reds! Bring home the 3, and continue the march up the Table!

• Like 2

Yedlin is a bit of an enigma.  He's play anywhere from RB to RM for USMNT or the Sounders.  Sunderland have him playing right back.

He'll get better with reps.

He is another of these players who thinks that their pace will allow them to recover from mistakes.  But keep sending him out there.  He'll get it together. Yedlin is one of the few Americans that I am truly high on.