Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Toast.

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/672173896729235456

Cadiz legal adviser confirms on Canal+ they will denounce Real Madrid!

Rafa has done this before?

How bitter is Ancelotti right now?

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/672175033670832128

Canal+ announce that Madrid's, Borja Mayoral shouldn't be on the bench tonight as he was red carded in the final of the Copa Del Rey Juvenil

OH MY GOD

Edited by FanboyOf91

Seriously, how much do the folks behind the Capital One Cup hope for an Everton v Pool final???

That would be something!

They can't lose with LFC playing either one.  I think we're lucky the draw went the way it did for that reason... ;)

Seriously, how much do the folks behind the Capital One Cup hope for an Everton v Pool final???

They'll get dicked by City.

Very uninspiring draw after another brilliant night. REALLY wanted either Everton or City but City the final will be a heck of a showpiece.

Hail.  

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

That started with Randle getting raped. God forbid he ever has to start a PL game. 

Hail. 

Flanno started training last week, too.

Don't forget.  We're in better shape at fullback than most think.  It's CB where we need a hand.

They'll get dicked by City.

Very uninspiring draw after another brilliant night. REALLY wanted either Everton or City but City the final will be a heck of a showpiece.

Hail.  

Did you hear Jurgen's post match last night?

They asked "are you glad you avoided Everton and City with this draw?"

He said "We aren't avoiding anyone.  We'll be glad to match up with Everton and you know we're fine matching up with City (he said laughing)".

I absolutely love him.

Semi's are set:

City vs Everton

Liverpool vs Stoke

Semi dates confirmed. 

Both legs are on the Tuesday. Jan. 5 (8 PM BST/ 3 PM EST.) at Stoke. Jan. 26 the return. (7:45 PM BST/ 2;45 PM EST). 

Just realised today the final is after the Europa second leg so could really do with that being away first leg so we're not flying back from some God forsaken ****hole straight to Wembley the Sunday.

Did you hear Jurgen's post match last night?

They asked "are you glad you avoided Everton and City with this draw?"

He said "We aren't avoiding anyone.  We'll be glad to match up with Everton and you know we're fine matching up with City (he said laughing)".

I absolutely love him.

EVERYONE loves him. And not just ourselves ..... Well, apart from btf but he's just bitter after spending all summer telling us Klopp was Munich bound and would never consider L'pool in a million years 

Talking to Southampton fans last night in some bar in town (this will get laughed at by others but hey, this is ostensively a L'pool thread so screw them), and they were saying they've never seen anyone come in and have such an immediate effect in so short a space of time on just about everyone etc. Which lead on to just what a great leveller he is against better quality players, and how we have one of, if not the best manager in the league. And the Southampton lads went further to him being right up there on a par with ANYONE in Europe. Their reasoning? If Utd, City, Bayern, Barca et al made a change right now, any of them would have him in a heartbeat. Opposition fans we've just dicked 6 on their own pitch and they couldn't talk enough about how brilliant he is and how they search out his pressers on the net because of how ****ing hilariously class they are. 

Love the fact last night, the last 15 when we're 5-1 up and you'd think job done, take it easy and lets go home; he was imploring them to keep going forward, screaming and waving like a madman. When did we last have that?

If we can keep this going through December man and turn the year right up there .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Love the fact last night, the last 15 when we're 5-1 up and you'd think job done, take it easy and lets go home; he was imploring them to keep going forward, screaming and waving like a madman. When did we last have that?

If we can keep this going through December man and turn the year right up there .....

Hail. 

He's more psychological than any manager I've seen in a long time.  The total package.

Going for the throat yesterday happened right after Origi got in the first time (and for me, Moreno gets the goal at the end of the first half. Keeper knew nothing about it and I'm not convinced Origi got a touch anyway).  AFTER that, as some of us were saying in the thread, "we're just ****ing with them now"... that may be true, but that goes a long way to confidence for when you NEED a goal late to get a result.

Jurgen's a mile ahead of everyone.  That's why I wanted him so badly.  The pressing and geo-spatial stuff aside, you love playing for a guy like that and damned if I don't love the results!

• Like 1

He's more psychological than any manager I've seen in a long time.  The total package.

Going for the throat yesterday happened right after Origi got in the first time (and for me, Moreno gets the goal at the end of the first half. Keeper knew nothing about it and I'm not convinced Origi got a touch anyway).  AFTER that, as some of us were saying in the thread, "we're just ****ing with them now"... that may be true, but that goes a long way to confidence for when you NEED a goal late to get a result.

Jurgen's a mile ahead of everyone.  That's why I wanted him so badly.  The pressing and geo-spatial stuff aside, you love playing for a guy like that and damned if I don't love the results!

Awww mate, I was looking at Jürgen last night almost as much as the action on the pitch. (I admit it ..... My names GHH and I have a serious German man crush problem ..... But then so does every other ****ing red I know so I fit in well  :lol:.).  And there was a point first half you may or may not remember, after Sturridge has returned with those 2 ****ing ridiculous goals (props to Allen and Can BTW for the Worldie balls); when he first loses possession the corner we got away with through being flash, and then followed it with a ****ing stupid backpass from the touchline half way we again escaped ..... and Klopp was going ****ing ape**** with him. Screaming in his ear and pointing ..... Yeah, you may of just scored two great goals but you put us under pressure like that again you little ****ing ...... Absolutely brilliant. And he absolutely lives EVERY second of the game. He's jumping up for headers, kicking shots, the whole nine yards. And he barely if ever leaves the edge of his technical area. Poor Moreno in particular must cop the brunt from him LOL. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Poor Moreno in particular must cop the brunt from him LOL. 

He could use it :lol:.  Love Alby, but he's got some work to do.  And he's one of my favorite on the pitch, so there's me being fair to everyone.

It's hilarious that there are more camera angles on Jurgen Klopp than there were on the Southampton goal.

Don't sell Smith short, either.  That one hit Origi right in the face as an inswinger.  That boy needs more reps.  He's in my 11 right now in 2021 (yes, FIFA... spoiler alert, he turns out to be pretty good.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

EVERYONE loves him. And not just ourselves ..... Well, apart from btf but he's just bitter after spending all summer telling us Klopp was Munich bound and would never consider L'pool in a million years 

See, the jealousy still shows through - you can't have a good win without taking a dig at Bayern/me.

I never said Klopp was Munich bound - just that I'd like to see him IF Pep left.  Pep is still there, so I'm very happy (for both sides).  Never said he wouldn't go to Pool - you are again just making stuff up.

I'm glad you are so happy, winning a match in a 2nd tier cup that no other leagues have, vs your 'farm' team.  Would be like Red Sox fans getting all giddy if they beat the Portland Sea Dogs in a glorified scrimmage.

See, the jealousy still shows through - you can't have a good win without taking a dig at Bayern/me.

I never said Klopp was Munich bound - just that I'd like to see him IF Pep left.  Pep is still there, so I'm very happy (for both sides).  Never said he wouldn't go to Pool - you are again just making stuff up.

The Hell you didn't. You spent all summer saying he was Bayern's heir apparent to Pep.

Revisionist history at it's finest. But as I can't be arsed to go trawling back, you can dispute at your leisure.

Hail.  

• Like 1

I'd LOVE Klopp at Anfield.

But on the plus side, he goes City that leaves Ancelotti in play.

One can dream .....

Hail.

It all started here... but at the time, deep down, I think we all thought he was headed for City.  Pellagrini was on the outs and City were just in terrible form.

The Hell you didn't. You spent all summer saying he was Bayern's heir apparent to Pep.

Revisionist history at it's finest. But as I can't be arsed to go trawling back, you can dispute at your leisure.

Hail.  

I actually did go back through my posts here, just to make sure.

You are really starting to sound like the crazy Uncle (or grandparent) in the family.

I NEVER start in with you, but I won't back off when you make the crazy statements that you always seem to do.  Don't push it. :P

BOOM... and there it is

... and you will see where I said (at least a fellow can dream, yes/??).

Never said he wouldn't every go to Pool.  Don't care that he went to pool.  Don't really every think about Pool (until GHH brings up Bayern or me in a negative way).  You guys aren't on our Radar, sadly to say.  Hope  you can get back there, but now, you are just a mid-table side in the EPL who Bayern won't have to play any time soon.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1