Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 2m2 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC team v Newcastle: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 2m2 minutes ago

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Henderson, Lallana, Origi, Sturridge.

Still no Phil.

But yer know what's great lil' bro'? Like Sturridge, you're now no longer panicking if he's not out there as we have more than adequate replacements to bring home the W.

Another change around for Newcastle with a whole new attacking three. 

Loving that it really is hard to pin down the formation he'll play as he goes opposition by opposition. But the one constant is a back 4, and a more or less settled midfield three. With subtle changes most every game how he set's that up. The more players we get back from injury, the stronger the bench looks with multiple attacking options. Whilst still having a strong starting XI. 

Another 3 points today Redmen to keep the momentum going. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just like the game tomorrow night, scoring early today will be key.

Gotta keep the Geordies down in the dumps mentally.

St James might be the best atmosphere save for Selhurst, these days.  Of course, that all changes if we get serious... we all know how Anfield can get, and a win today will bring that.  But St James is really a great atmosphere, don't need those weirdos to get going.

Get an early goal, then go to work on them.

Firmino's been off the pace the last couple of games since City.  I look for him to rebound today.  He needs to have some interplay with someone other than Phil. 

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Nothing really creative at all.

Benteke has been lazy and missed a sitter.

Keep him on for a bit in the second half, but you have to bring in Lallana for either Milner or Allen immediately.  Sturridge should see the pitch today as well.

Not looking great so far. Disorganized and out of synch.

Organization is alright, just getting bullied off the ball to easily.  Only a few players are doing well and Newcastle are closing them down.

Outside of Ibe, Moreno, and sort of Firmino everyone has had a stinker.

Lovren has been outstanding in defense, though.

• Like 1

Not looking great so far. Disorganized and out of synch.

Just flat. The lack of Can driving from midfield, compounded by no Lalllana in the pressing game, is a glaring difference. Benteke's been anomynous aside from the horrid miss. Ibe the only one really having a go. And the barcodes should be 1 up with the lad missing the sitter header before half time. 

Need one of your halftime adjustments Jürgen lad. Defo get Lallana or Henderson on from the get go with Sturridge to follow. 

Can't afford a slip up here boys. Have to get all 3. 

Hail. 

Ibe's final ball has cost us a couple of chances.

Not forced any saves.  Pick your poison, cause you have to leave either Allen or Ibe on the pitch.I'll

take Allen off for me.

Nothing in the midfield for Liverpool... that goal for Newcastle has been coming.

You should go read btfoom's post DURING the Champion's League final about how Barca don't deserve it and if Bayern were healthy they would be lifting the trophy, yada yada yada.  And already had Bayern as favorites next season :lol:

What are you talking about.  Seriously, spouting BS.  Unlike you and GHH, I don't spout propaganda about any team in this thread.

And, I have stated at least once, Barca is the best team in UEFA, and will remain that way until someone can beat them.  I have Bayern getting to the semi's depending on the draw.  Real is tough to beat as is a couple of other teams.

But, keep inventing stuff up in your mind about what I post.

What are you talking about.  Seriously, spouting BS.  Unlike you and GHH, I don't spout propaganda about any team in this thread.

And, I have stated at least once, Barca is the best team in UEFA, and will remain that way until someone can beat them.  I have Bayern getting to the semi's depending on the draw.  Real is tough to beat as is a couple of other teams.

But, keep inventing stuff up in your mind about what I post.

I think he was talking about me.

I didn't say Barca were lucky, I said that Bayern were mired with lots of injuries and specifically how would Bayern do with a full side vs Barca minus their top 5 players.  So yes, he certainly 'embellishes', as I said Barca fully deserved to be UCL Champions.

Don't know why he has such a hard on for me/Bayer, well except for that nasty rash of jealously. :P

Moreno scores but he's ruled off.

Not happening today.

Looked like **** all game.

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 1m1 minute ago

As you can see, Moreno is onside.

Absolutely, not really that close - poor reffing decision.

We always drop one to a ****ty side.  2013 it was Hull City...

Glad they added five mintues so Newcastle could score another goal.  And, nice transition goal and finish..

They really play like a publicly owned side don't they?

I think he was talking about me.

I didn't say Barca were lucky, I said that Bayern were mired with lots of injuries and specifically how would Bayern do with a full side vs Barca minus their top 5 players.  So yes, he certainly 'embellishes', as I said Barca fully deserved to be UCL Champions.

Don't know why he has such a hard on for me/Bayer, well except for that nasty rash of jealously. :P

Sometimes quoting people is difficult. 

I don't understand either, Bayern is just my team.  I first watched them in the old Olympia Stadium in the late 80's when I was stationed in Augsburg.

Edited by Fred Jones
  • Like 1

Never forget... :lol:

CVj4LxdXIAAsVXK.jpg

I don't understand either, Bayern is just my team.  I first watched them in the old Olympia Stadium in the late 80's when I was stationed in Augsburg.

I'm not jealous... I just don't care.  I really don't care.

You and btfoom come in here and act like were idiots for not watching Bundesliga.

And then you come in to troll when we **** the bed.

That's about it.

Not jealous, just don't care.  I entertain your talk to try and drive discussion, but what happens in Germany doesn't effect my weekends.

• Like 2

'Propaganda?' SERIOUSLY? 

Is this an American thing of having no ****ing concept of football rivalry/ banter. ? Or does it only count as that when it comes from one of your own clubs fans?

Hail. 

I couldn't tell you who Bayern played this weekend, let alone when they played.

Let alone IF they won.  And I certainly wouldn't be posted up in this thread waiting on them to lose a game.

That is actually how much I don't care about Bayern Munich.

If you want folks to watch Bundesliga with you, you're going about it absolutely the wrong way.

• Like 1

Never forget... :lol:

CVj4LxdXIAAsVXK.jpg

I'm not jealous... I just don't care.  I really don't care.

You and btfoom come in here and act like were idiots for not watching Bundesliga.

And then you come in to troll when we **** the bed.

That's about it.

Not jealous, just don't care.  I entertain your talk to try and drive discussion, but what happens in Germany doesn't effect my weekends.

DC9, seriously, stop combining what I post and what Bt posts just becaue we like the same team.

And, hypocrit much.  Come here and trash talk every team when you win and cry when someone else decides to comment about your team.

I'm out... Let's go Jets!

DC9, seriously, stop combining what I post and what Bt posts just becaue we like the same team.

And, hypocrit much.  Come here and trash talk every team when you win and cry when someone else decides to comment about your team.

Again...read the post above.

You obviously sweat Liverpool.  I don't sweat Bayern Munich.