Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

I absolutely love Adam Jones.

Make it happen Rizzo. :cloud9:

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.masnsports.com/mel_antonen/2011/12/nats-want-a-center-fielder---what-about-os-adam-jones.html

The Nationals are shopping for a center fielder at the Winter Meetings. How about the Orioles' Adam Jones?

Here's a proposal: The Orioles trade Jones to the Nationals for a pitcher, John Lannan or Ross Detwiler, second baseman Steve Lombardozzi and centerfielder Roger Bernadina. The Nationals could get one more player, but basically, the players named would be the foundation of the proposal.

The trade would be good for the Orioles because it would boost their pitching staff and give them insurance at second base in case Brian Roberts can't shake his concussion. If Roberts does return, he could bat leadoff and be the DH.

The trade would keep the Orioles from wondering if they have a chance to sign Jones to a long-term extension. He can leave via free agency after 2013.

Imagine adding Jones to the middle of a lineup that includes Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Morse, Jayson Werth and Adam LaRoche.

Jones wouldn't bat leadoff, but the Nationals could go with shortstop Ian Desmond in that slot.

The Nationals could sign free agent pitcher Mark Buehrle and still have a rotation that includes Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmermann, Chien-Ming Wang, either Lannan or Detwiler, and either Brad Pea**** or Tom Milone.

I don't want to trade him. Not that he's untouchable, but I don't think I'd want to trade a young talent like him. We have some talented young pitchers already that just need to get their act together. Second basemen are not that hard to find and you'd weaken CF offensively and defensively with trading him. No thanks. Wrap him up to a long term deal and it's one less poistion along with RF that you have to worry about. Roger Bernadina? No thanks. He sucks.

http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/landing_nationals_talk?blockID=607924

Could Nats trade for Adam Jones?

When a rumor emerged on Tuesday afternoon that the Orioles were willing to field offers for All-Star center fielder Adam Jones, it was immediately shot down by respected national baseball writers. It seemed too good to be true, especially for a team like the Nationals who would love to acquire a player like Jones. Well, whether the Orioles would consider trading Jones or not, teams around the league have clearly taken notice.

In an interview on Sirius XM radio on Wednesday, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo was asked about the 26-year-old former Gold Glove award-winner, and he didn't dodge the question. According to Jim Bowden, a personality on MLB Network radio and former GM of the Nats, Rizzo said he was "definitely interested" in Jones and that Washington has "done their homework."

Jones would likely require a large haul of prospects as he is one of the best young players in the league at his position. In 2011 he hit .280 with 25 home runs and 83 RBI, a career season for the former first round pick. But possibly working in the Nationals' favor is a group of young pitching prospects. The Orioles have had a long line of promising arms fade early and fail to reach their potential.

I absolutely love Adam Jones.

Make it happen Rizzo. :cloud9:

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.masnsports.com/mel_antonen/2011/12/nats-want-a-center-fielder---what-about-os-adam-jones.html

that proposal is laughable and sucks for the orioles..

no way im trading jones to the nats unless it involves jordan zimmerman or mike morse. you want something good youve gotta give something good. lannan and that whip would get destroyed at camden yards.

no way im trading jones to the nats unless it involves jordan zimmerman or mike morse. you want something good youve gotta give something good. lannan and that whip would get destroyed at camden yards.

From the Angelos POV....a better Nats team equals better ratings on MASN than Jones on a rebuilding O's teams...and that equals more money in Angelos pocket. Just saying. Its in his wallets interest that the Nats are doing well when the O's are starting over.

Sounds like O's are about to announce "a trade."

Great info, i know.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 10:50 AM ----------

The Nats would have to trade one of two players who have been vastly superior to Adam Jones so far?

Again, I like Jones, but he's now 4 years into his career and he's still "potential."

I would be happy if he wants to stick around, but I think he could be a very valuable trade chip to fill multiple holes in this organization. That being said, I don't want to see him patrolling CF in Nats Park.

You don't mind trading him, but don't want to trade him to the Nats? The Nats have some of the best young/minor league talent in the game. If he's traded, you should be HOPING it's to a team like the Nats.

Actually, there aren't "plenty of teams" that have as much minor league talent as the Nats.

Especially not almost major league ready talent. :)

I love the Braves pitching prospects over the Nats, Texas too. If the Braves replaced one of their to SP prospects instead of Jurrjens, I'd be all over that trade. They are all prospects, no sure things so it's all opinion on the prospects. You guys have great prospects, I just don't want him going there.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the o's should make a run at emilio bonifacio..

we need a leadoff hitter and i think itd be a good idea to gamble on him. we also need a second baseman/infield depth and he would fill that slot well.

i do think he might be in for a small regression from last year's stats, camden yards could make up for that. he's 26 and shouldnt be too difficult to pry from the marlins, especially with reyes going to florida.

Archived