Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

Umm. I'm an O's fan and I would prefer you guys didn't get better players than us?

We already have better players than you.

One more wouldn't make any difference. :pfft:

Just kidding.....kinda. :)

---------- Post added January-24th-2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

If you want the big boys, you are going to have to give out bad contracts. If you want ok players towards the back end of their careers, you give them Oriole contracts.

I agree with you but that contract was crazy.

Then again the Nats gave Jayson Werth 126m. :(

We already have better players than you.

One more wouldn't make any difference. :pfft:

Just kidding.....kinda. :)

---------- Post added January-24th-2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

I agree with you but that contract was crazy.

Then again the Nats gave Jayson Werth 126m. :(

So he'll be 36 making around 24 mil?? Probably just a decent DH at that point, if that.

And as an O's fan, we just saw Darvish, Fielder, AND Pujols come to the AL. GREAT!

Reminds of the 80s and the Bullets. I'd always see headlines like this in the paper or hear it on the Radio:

Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls invade the Capital Centre to take on the Bullets

Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics come to the Capital Centre to play the Bullets

Magic Johnson and the Lakers take on the Bullets.

You see the theme there? Marketing the other team and their star players to sell tickets on our home court? That's what you are suggesting will happen to the Orioles and I'd rather have our own stars to market to get fans to come out or else you'll have the same thing happen when the Steelers invaded Fed Ex.

Reminds of the 80s and the Bullets. I'd always see headlines like this in the paper or hear it on the Radio:

Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls invade the Capital Centre to take on the Bullets

Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics come to the Capital Centre to play the Bullets

Magic Johnson and the Lakers take on the Bullets.

You see the theme there? Marketing the other team and their star players to sell tickets on our home court? That's what you are suggesting will happen to the Orioles and I'd rather have our own stars to market to get fans to come out or else you'll have the same thing happen when the Steelers invaded Fed Ex.

The, "Great," was implied sarcastically since it even further hurts our near non existent playoff chances. I suggest we get our own stars also but with our owner and the way we've developed and drafted players over the last decade, chances were slim to have stars at this point. Hopefully Dylan Bundy and Manny Machado are the next big things in the MLB.

i think that has been happening to the orioles (via sox and yanks) for quite some time.

Are you guys still planning to come to DC to watch a bunch of washed up 35-40 year olds get struck out by Strassy, Gio and Jay-Z?

Thome is 41, I believe. But of course we'll (well, me anyway) will be there. When will you folks venture up? Few years from now?

And superbeasto, we all wish that vomiting guy from jersey at least once a day, has to toss bubba's salad during his stay in prison.

Thome is 41, I believe. But of course we'll (well, me anyway) will be there. When will you folks venture up? Few years from now?
Phillies crowds are worse than Eagles crowds. Y'all need some serious help, acting like spoiled children being egged on by all your friends tends to ruin a baseball game for anyone no wearing red pinstripes. The fact that Philly fans are proud of their reputation speaks sadly of the entire town.

The, "Great," was implied sarcastically since it even further hurts our near non existent playoff chances. I suggest we get our own stars also but with our owner and the way we've developed and drafted players over the last decade, chances were slim to have stars at this point. Hopefully Dylan Bundy and Manny Machado are the next big things in the MLB.

I hope you are right. I'm perilously close to not watching baseball anymore and becoming a 'fair weather" fan. I still root for the O's, but they make it harder and harder for me every year.

Phillies crowds are worse than Eagles crowds. Y'all need some serious help, acting like spoiled children being egged on by all your friends tends to ruin a baseball game for anyone no wearing red pinstripes. The fact that Philly fans are proud of their reputation speaks sadly of the entire town.

It's awesome to take over an away stadium. To be the majority when it's someone else's home. And as Phillie fans, we have the opportunity to do that in DC each weekend series, sometimes even week day sereies, until the Nats put up a winning record probably.

6109835045_038f4ee94c.jpg

It's awesome to take over an away stadium.

......yet nothing is better than to send those fat, drunken, toothless, gross, puke-covered, pot-bellied, jobless pieces of **** and their equally elephantine and heavily tattood women back up 95 crying in their PBR's after yet another spanking.

081911-zimmerman-walkoff-slam-ap_606.jpg

It's awesome to take over an away stadium. To be the majority when it's someone else's home. And as Phillie fans, we have the opportunity to do that in DC each weekend series, sometimes even week day sereies, until the Nats put up a winning record probably.
Well, it's a shame you can't behave like civilized folks. My neighbor is from Philly, and until he moved down here he couldn't understand why Philly fans have the rep they have. He took his daughters to a Philly-Nats game in DC, and texted me his apologies for the behavior of Philly fans. Over a few beers, he admitted that after the game he completely understood why other fans loathe Philly fans.

I am glad you feel proud to take over another teams park. Funny, you couldn't even take over your own park 7 years ago. #FRONTRUNNERS

I am glad you feel proud to take over another teams park. Funny, you couldn't even take over your own park 7 years ago. #FRONTRUNNERS

Not to get off topic from the off topic dicussion, haha, but I don't know of any team outside of football that isn't "Frontrunning".

But the issue is, these bus trips and fan groups that go. They drink, drink, drink on the buses, tailgate, then go in the game.

Do I enjoy those bus trips, and the beers on them? Yes. But i'm the last person to go around and talk trash. In DC I like to splurge and sit close because usually they are buy one get one free or something, so I usually chat it up with the season ticket holders and such. Those outfields are the group tickets...and they are the buses...and that's where you get your issues.

Very true. And Phillies fans today are generally very uneducated about the sport.
Yeah, they laugh at you when you quiz them on Pete Rose playing for the Phils. Then get angry and threatening when you prove it. No offense to superozman, but typical Philly fan. Prove them wrong or embarrass them and they wanna fight. Unless they are outnumbered. Then they sit quietly. Put them in a group to feed off each others stupidity, chaos ensues.

Archived