Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

I think the Rockies got the better end of the deal. IMO, it's a mistake to only consider his stats especially on this team with little run support and in this brutal division. Guthrie's stuff is underrated and his age very much overrated. I think this could be another stinker like the Hernandez deal. Just my take and I confess that I've never seen Hammel pitch one inning.

I don't think its a great deal for either team IMO. Guthrie wasn't anything special here and its not like we got anywhere with him. We got 2 ok guys for 1 decent guy. I don't think it makes either team better, but don't think either team is worse because of it. Plus Guthrie gets the thin air of Coors.

I don't think its a great deal for either team IMO. Guthrie wasn't anything special here and its not like we got anywhere with him. We got 2 ok guys for 1 decent guy. I don't think it makes either team better, but don't think either team is worse because of it. Plus Guthrie gets the thin air of Coors.

I'm happy for Guthrie...

I'm happy for Guthrie...

I am happy for him too. But I think we got the better end of the deal by the ever so slightest of margins. It was not a great deal for either side, but I worry about Guts in Colorado and I am fairly certain that he will be pitching elsewhere in 2013 while we have the very similar Hammel for at least one more year.

I am happy for him too. But I think we got the better end of the deal by the ever so slightest of margins. It was not a great deal for either side, but I worry about Guts in Colorado and I am fairly certain that he will be pitching elsewhere in 2013 while we have the very similar Hammel for at least one more year.

Time will tell friend. I hope you're right. I did read some positive new about the Taiwanese pitcher we recently signed.

What difference would it make? We might as well sign him.

1) He's suspended for 50 games

2) What is he really going to bring to the team? He sucked when he played last year and has basically been out of baseball for a year

3) It just goes back to those late 90s, early 00s teams when we signed washed up vets

Anyone familiar with the term team cancer? Just say no to estrogen boy with the ***** tits and bad attitude. I have never seen any player loaf more in the outfield than Ramirez in my life. Didn't he quit on his last team?

I think he "retired" last year because of the suspension. But I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't want him. I know this team is probably going to suck, and adding him probably will not make that much better. It would make things more interesting, but probably in a bad way. He tends to loaf around anyways, and I can't imagine how bad that would become if he were on a really bad team. Which we certainly have the potential to be.

Plus the guy is 39, will be a media circus and will have to serve a 50 day suspension. If this is what Dan Duquette is about........

Can't argue with much of what you said about Manny BUT do you really think/want Chris Davis/Nolan Reimold to get around 500 AB's? And wilson betemit to get around 250-400? (I was surprised by how good his numbers are)

My point is we suck. If Manny has anythign left I wouldn't be opposed to us signing him

Can't argue with much of what you said about Manny BUT do you really think/want Chris Davis/Nolan Reimold to get around 500 AB's?

I absolutely want to see Nolan get 500+ AB's. Now that he's past that injury and some other things, I think he's going to be the biggest surprise for the O's season.

I absolutely want to see Nolan get 500+ AB's. Now that he's past that injury and some other things, I think he's going to be the biggest surprise for the O's season.

Thats fine. Hopefully he can ge back to what he did in the '09 season with regular AB's. Still leaves Davis...which could be a pleasant surprise. My point is we can do worse than manny

Can't argue with much of what you said about Manny BUT do you really think/want Chris Davis/Nolan Reimold to get around 500 AB's? And wilson betemit to get around 250-400? (I was surprised by how good his numbers are)

My point is we suck. If Manny has anythign left I wouldn't be opposed to us signing him

But say Manny has something left, how many games does he win for us? Maybe another 3 or 4? I mean you figure he's going to be miss a 1/3 of the season almost because of his suspension. So at most, he gives us 112 games. Why does a losing team need an aging vet to DH?

Agreed 110% I don't know what it is, but my gut instinct has always told me that sooner or later Nolan is going to breakout. I really pull for him.

the koreans are not too happy that we did not use the proper procedure for grabbing Kim. they have filed a complaint with MLB and have banned O's scouts from attending Korean games as well as banning Kim from ever playing or coaching in Korea.

dont know if anything will come of it, but it seems to me that they are quite angry that they didnt get financial gain from the scenario.

This came from Eric Bickel's twitter page:

EBJunkies Eric Bickel

FWIW I heard the Orioles r being quietly shopped by Peter Angelos. Good news 4 O's fans. Bad news is asking price isn't enticing 4 buyers.

Eric Bickel is co-host of The Sports Junkies on 106.7 The Fan in DC.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4vrQhmKexYOIGYfqTc4LuTFPCecZtoOlbSwBU1FMX8tnH6E4ZLzm2jkJy

It's going to be a rough spring and summer in Charm City. And unlike last year, we won't have a lot of hype and hope going into this season to at least carry us through Memorial Day.

At least I'll continue to be able to pay $8 for nosebleed seat and end up sitting 5 rows behind the dugout by the 3rd inning. Although by the 7th inning stretch, I am usually reminded of why the Yard is so empty in the first place.

Archived