Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Times: Sen. Knotts Calls Haley a 'Raghead,' Says 'We're at war over there'

Duckus

It was done on some internet radio show and they are refusing to release the tape.

I think my idea of imagining it in a Foghorn Leghorn voice is the next best alternative.

I dunno. Marvin the Space Martian voice might even be better.

"OOOOOOO!!!!! You Raghead. You made me angry. Very angry indeed"

It's entirely possible that we need to stop electing white people to office.
White people clearly cannot handle positions of authority. Maybe Phil Jackson. That's about it.

I think the guys who are getting in a huff about this have been had. It's just too over the top and doesn't jibe.

Besides, can we really be sure if either Phil or Michael Jackson were white?

For those bashing the SC voters...Haley has a considerable lead in the polls no?

Must be the large raghead constituency there

Clearly there are large enough pockets of dummassity in SC to elect this guy to the senate. But it's an encouraging thing that for governorship they seem to be willing to vote for somebody so different from the average joe. Sikh, are you kidding me? Hard enough to find Jews or Catholics in SC let alone Sikhs.

You know, it's possible that South Carolinians are smarter than we thought. After all, they voted this guy to the Senate. That forces him to move to DC and away from them. Perhaps, this explains why Congress is so inept... it's the new penal colony, it's the modern leper colony.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/08/south.carolina.primary/index.html?hpt=T1

The tumultuous and nasty race for the Republican gubernatorial nomination in South Carolina will continue for another two weeks after Nikki Haley narrowly avoided winning Tuesday's four-way GOP primary outright.

Haley cruised to a commanding win but fell just short of the 50 percent threshold needed to avoid a runoff election, scheduled for June 22.

You know, it's possible that South Carolinians are smarter than we thought. After all, they voted this guy to the Senate. That forces him to move to DC and away from them. Perhaps, this explains why Congress is so inept... it's the new penal colony, it's the modern leper colony.

The guy is a senator in the State legislature, not the U.S. Senate. So we can't blame the whole state for electing him, just his local district.

I made an earlier joke that the people of South Carolina were wise to elect this guy as a Senator, because it was a good way to ship him out of the state and not have to deal with his prejudice... and then it was pointed out that he was elected to state office. Therefore, the joke and the people of SC fell flat.

(or... a face saving joke fell flat)

I made an earlier joke that the people of South Carolina were wise to elect this guy as a Senator, because it was a good way to ship him out of the state and not have to deal with his prejudice... and then it was pointed out that he was elected to state office. Therefore, the joke and the people of SC fell flat.

(or... a face saving joke fell flat)

ahhhh, (I think I need an over the head smiley!)

sorry for the confusuon brother!

:no: STATE Senator.

I have no idea why the mods let you stay around with your bigotry-laced blather.

NavyDave is a smart guy, and he never crosses the line. He never calls anyone out in particular, he never sasses the mods, he never trolls. He just expresses his views.

The mods have no reason to bring the ban-hammer down on him.

PSA

NavyDave is a smart guy, and he never crosses the line. He never calls anyone out in particular, he never sasses the mods, he never trolls. He just expresses his views.

The mods have no reason to bring the ban-hammer down on him.

People regularly give views on what the mods do, should do, have done, or why they don't do something, and on "the whys" of all or any of it. And they're more often wrong, either to some degree or totally. This is true even with some our most savvy and intelligent posters. :)

As I did when Midnight Judges made the first comment, most mods learn that ignoring those kind of posts is the easiest way to go (we all find the "whatever happened to ES poster..." often hilarious) and just do or not do what we deem appropriate, and when, steered by our rules and guidelines (and often each other).

In this case, Predicto's synopsis is not "way-off" at all, but it is inaccurate in key ways. However that's as specific I'll be about that, other than also saying that the parts of his post that describe generally wise conduct are heartily endorsed by me. :D

I'm only making the comment in here because every now and then (especially during tempestuous tailgate times) it's good to point out even to veteran posters that your best bet to avoiding trouble is to know, understand, and follow the rules.

And in a more sweeping sense, when providing your content, be more of an asset than a liability to such a community.

The rules are carefully written to allow a great deal of latitude for members and for staff judgment to serve the best interest of the forum as a whole.

Basically, we want you guys (and ourselves) to have fun and make this a great place all the way around to kill some time, laugh, exchange all kinds of thoughts and information and learn stuff, all while still keeping some fairly high standards and simultaneously being very inclusive and diverse. We even mention such stuff in the rules. :pfft:

I have no idea why the mods let you stay around with your bigotry-laced blather.

I find it saves time if, instead of reading ND's posts, you just skip past it and assume they say:

":soapbox: Republicans good! Democrats bad!:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:"

You'll be right about 98% of the time, and it saves the aggravation of reading something outlandish, responding, and waiting for a reply that will never come

Archived