Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Times: Sen. Knotts Calls Haley a 'Raghead,' Says 'We're at war over there'

Duckus

Was I wrong?

You really didn't need to take umbrage so quickly at a lighthearted joke directed toward South Carolina, a state with an enormous history of overt and subtle racism, a state that has fought like hell to keep the Confederate Battle Flag on its State Capitol, a state that elected this clown to represent them and is virtually sure to reelect him, a state that you don't even live in.

But it was virtually guaranteed that you would step up to the plate and make everyone recite the mantra that "not all white conservatives are racist" at the beginning of every post they make in the thread.

That's all I was saying. I'm willing to drop it if you are (at least until the next time :) ).

By the way, I'm not feeling hostile toward you at all. Not in the slightest. I just feel like I can see your buttons being pushed before it even happens. They are really big buttons, and sometimes the slightest breeze from off the ocean can set them off. My inlaws live in South Carolina, and if there is a more racially backwards place in this entire nation, I've not been there. I don't think that making a joke about South Carolina in the context of the story in the OP should have set you off. :whoknows:

Seriously, I want to drop it. I'll try not to call you out anymore in these threads, because you are a good guy and it is rude to do that to you (not to mention boring for everyone else to read). :high5:

Ive searched and searched for any sliver of an opening for me to argue this one. Cant find it.

The best I can come up with is

"he's probably a teabagger".

You are losing your touch.

Couldn't he at least have been taken out of context? :laugh:

You are losing your touch.

Couldn't he at least have been taken out of context? :laugh:

It's 3oclock on Friday. My mind is more focused on a nice ****tail than it is on finding a contextual out for him.

Sometimes a spade is just a spade.

Then let's see one. Just one.

I'm 99.928% certain no one said that.

Lots, including me, said that it was historic and momentous, and that we are in a better place in terms of race relations than EVER before; and that's not up for debate, I don't think.

No one, that I recall, ever said "racism is officially a thing of the past."

HH I agree with your overall point, but I'm 99% sure he's right - I remember seeing posts like that too.

I don't have time to hunt em down atm but I'd be shocked if they aren't there.

HH I agree with your overall point, but I'm 99% sure he's right - I remember seeing posts like that too.

I don't have time to hunt em down atm but I'd be shocked if they aren't there.

Fortunately, I don't have to prove a negative. :)

Saying there isn't a need for race-based AA anymore =/= racism is dead.

The most amazing thing about all of this - Nikki Haley (the "raghead") is a fellow Republican . . . He is attacking someone in his own party with racial and ethnic slurs. God damn that is crazy.

http://www.free-times.com/index.php?cat=1992209084141467&act=post&pid=11860406103619087

If anything that is the best thing out of the whole stupid thing. At least he isn't an idiot simply along party lines.

I think we can all end these threads with a simple change in our posting style.

Henceforth, every post must begin. "Of course, Honorary Hog is not racist. However...."

For example:

"Of course, Hornorary Hog is not racist. However, I don't think that Donovan McNabb is the long-term answer to the quarterback position."

or

"Of course, Honorary Hog is not racist. However, it doesn't seem like Shanahan really knows how to utilize Cooley....."

I think we can all end these threads with a simple change in our posting style.

Henceforth' date=' every post must begin. "Of course, Honorary Hog is not racist. However...."[/quote']

Troll me all you want.

I've survived better than you.

OK. So "all over the country" elected officials are making racist remarks? I'm sure there are a few other examples, but I certainly don't think we have an epidemic of elected officials making ridiculously racist comments.

Where did I call you an idiot? I'll be waiting patiently for you to show me that, like I'm still waiting to see the post that says racism is over.

And if :cheers: = ITG to you, then I'm sorry for you. Truly.

What a joke.

Give it a rest.

What he stated, in so many words that if people think racism is over because we elected a black president than they are sorely mistaken. I don't ever recall anyone saying that elected officials all over the country are making racist statements either.

There were also statements attesting that racism still exist everywhere in the country. I would go so far as to say in the entire world.

I think your making more out of this than needs be. Slow down and re-read what was actually posted. I generally find most of your posts to be well thought out and quite lucid, but I fear you have "jumped the gun" on this one.

edit: glad to see you worked it out.

I have to travel to Columbia and Greenville every few weeks and have had the chance to meet and work with several people in South Carolina. In my experience, there is still a lot of unsettled issues there. What concerns me is this is an elected official who is supposed to represent his constituency. I think through my past experiences in that state, that his constituents most likely share the same viewpoints and ignorance that he displayed.

I haven't heard any audio yet. But I want someone to promise me that this guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.

:ols:

Ah say' date=' ah say, this heah gal looks like one o' them rag-heads!

You know,, tablecloths on they heads, boy! Lookin' like an Eye-talian restaurant walkin' around! Rags! Heads! Git it son?

Ragheads! Ah say, talkin' ta this boy is like talkin' sign language with Stevie Wonda. He just don't see what ah'm a-sayin'!

Git with the program son! We's, ah say, we's at WAR ova there!

~Foghorn

Show me where this became about me.

You're piling on, and talking out of your ass. And you're doing it for a reaction. If that's not trolling, WTF is?

it became about you because for some strange reason you feel compelled to downplay and deny racism at every possible opportunity on this board. maybe you should ask yourself why you are so invested in that task.

What concerns me is this is an elected official who is supposed to represent his constituency. I think through my past experiences in that state, that his constituents most likely share the same viewpoints and ignorance that he displayed.

He was a cop too. He just figures he's right and he's going to tell everybody, but the more he says the dumber he looks. I mean if your going to draw attention to yourself, like this guy must know he's doing, then have your take a little better thought out.

He was a cop too. He just figures he's right and he's going to tell everybody, but the more he says the dumber he looks. I mean if your going to draw attention to yourself, like this guy must know he's doing, then have your take a little better thought out.

It was a pretty inflammatory statement and I was suprised that an elected official would say something like that. The fallacies in his statement smacked of ignorance in my eyes.

calling her a raghead and saying we are at war over there just flabbergasted me.

it became about you because for some strange reason you feel compelled to downplay and deny racism at every possible opportunity on this board. maybe you should ask yourself why you are so invested in that task.

How did I do that here? Quote me, please.

And I'll spare challenging you on the "every opportunity" thing, unless you want to start a separate thread.

I welcome your accusation, and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to expose you.

It's time for you guys to put something up, or STFU.

Ah say, ah say, this heah gal looks like one o' them rag-heads!

You know,, tablecloths on they heads, boy! Lookin' like an Eye-talian restaurant walkin' around! Rags! Heads! Git it son?

Ragheads! Ah say, talkin' ta this boy is like talkin' sign language with Stevie Wonda. He just don't see what ah'm a-sayin'!

Git with the program son! We's, ah say, we's at WAR ova there!

~Foghorn

I'm glad you signed it ~Foghorn, that made me happy :)

Archived