Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Times: Sen. Knotts Calls Haley a 'Raghead,' Says 'We're at war over there'

Duckus

when obama won in '08, various people posted things like "wow, racism is officially a thing of the past". i remember arguing with them that racism is and will remain alive and well.

Then let's see one. Just one.

I'm 99.928% certain no one said that.

Lots, including me, said that it was historic and momentous, and that we are in a better place in terms of race relations than EVER before; and that's not up for debate, I don't think.

No one, that I recall, ever said "racism is officially a thing of the past."

I wasn't being serious - don't see the need to be so sensitive.

I figured that, by your lack of a ;) or "[/sarcasm]."

Don't call me sensitive when I point out, correctly, that you're stereotyping. I know you think that only "we" do that. But apparently "we" are a little more introspective.

Welp, yet another thread about an obvious racist becomes a thread about Honorary_Hog and how HE isn't a racist.

:poke: :ols:

Nah, not at all.

It's just frustrating. I came into this thread to utterly condemn this stupid SOB. Figured I could be on "your" side this time.

I can honestly say I didn't expect to have to defend an entire state, much less an entire country, because one idiot said something dumb. And I still, for the life of me, don't understand how someone can play the holier than thou act whilst stereotyping his-damned-self. If that isn't the ultimate hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

When did we start a war with the Sikhs in India?

Ha, good catch, I didn't even notice he mentioned the Sikhs. Someone should tell him that they're not Muslim. (Unless he'd like to argue that he was trying to imply that Obama is a Sikh. Which would make me chuckle, because he'd have to define that religion first.)

Then let's see one. Just one.

I'm 99.928% certain no one said that.

No one, that I recall, ever said "racism is officially a thing of the past."

so let's get this straight. you are calling me a liar here, just because i have to be a liar in order for some point you think you're making to have any validity.

i hate that now i might actually go poring over 2-year-old messageboard posts just to prove a conversation i clearly remember having actually took place.

Nah, not at all.

It's just frustrating. I came into this thread to utterly condemn this stupid SOB. Figured I could be on "your" side this time.

I can honestly say I didn't expect to have to defend an entire state, much less an entire country, because one idiot said something dumb. And I still, for the life of me, don't understand how someone can play the holier than thou act whilst stereotyping his-damned-self. If that isn't the ultimate hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

I am guessing you are talking about me, how did I stereotype? That there is racism still exists in this country? Do you want me to go and find proof from every corner and conversation? My own neighborhood has two low life anti brown people that have harassed them (they are Indians) for years now with any excuse they can find, I live in NOVA so there is one example... Are you referring to what I said about that I am sure there are racist people on this board? Am I lying? I have read so many different threads that people say everything they can dancing around the lines of being bigots and racist but wont say it because they know they will get banned or flamed.

Now, you were cheering me in one of your posts earlier I suggest you buy me a beer to make up for it ;)

I figured that, by your lack of a ;) or "[/sarcasm]."

Don't call me sensitive when I point out, correctly, that you're stereotyping. I know you think that only "we" do that. But apparently "we" are a little more introspective.

So you're saying that because I forgot a smiley and/or a sarcasm tag that I was being completely serious in my initial post?

Yeah you're right, you don't jump to conclusions very much.

It gets a little old that ever thread about racism you go on some pity party because you feel certain states or political groups get a raw deal.

so let's get this straight. you are calling me a liar here, just because i have to be a liar in order for some point you think you're making to have any validity.

i hate that now i might actually go poring over 2-year-old messageboard posts just to prove a conversation i clearly remember having actually took place.

I'm not calling you a liar at all. Yet. :ols:

I've just found that every...single...solitary...time someone has said something like this, since I've been on this board, and I've asked them to support it, they have failed to.

You may well be the first. I guess we'll see. :)

Gee, and Obama can't even fix this one by inviting the two for a beer. I mean heck beer is brown. Maybe if Obama invited Sen. Knotts for a vanilla late? Glass of warm milk?

I bet Knotts really hates this guy:

ups%20whiteboard%20guy.jpg

So you're saying that because I forgot a smiley and/or a sarcasm tag that I was being completely serious in my initial post?

Yeah you're right, you don't jump to conclusions very much.

It gets a little old that ever thread about racism you go on some pity party because you feel certain states or political groups get a raw deal.

I apologize for drawing my conclusion based on your words and nothing else. I didn't know that was a faux pas on messageboards.

But if it is, you can't very well say I jump to conclusions, or think this is some pity party can you. Afterall, you're basing that on your interpretation of what I've said. And you've made it clear that you don't like to do that. :ols:

I'm not calling you a liar at all. Yet. :ols:

I've just found that every...single...solitary...time someone has said something like this, since I've been on this board, and I've asked them to support it, they have failed to.

You may well be the first. I guess we'll see. :)

I kind of remember it too, HH. I don't know how flippantly or seriously it was said, but I sort of remember people saying that if this nation can elect a black President then there is no need for Affirmative Action, racial favortism, or the like. This proves America has moved passed that.

-obviously, not a word for word quote, but I do kinda remember that.

I apologize for drawing my conclusion based on your words and nothing else. I didn't know that was a faux pas on messageboards.

But if it is, you can't very well say I jump to conclusions, or think this is some pity party can you. Afterall, you're basing that on your interpretation of what I've said. And you've made it clear that you don't like to do that. :ols:

Would you say I have the reputation of making broad generalizations in many of my posts?

On the other hand - if you bring up any thread about race on this forum, you can almost guarantee that you'll find at least a few posts with your name on them that is either trying to flip the argument or claim the thread in question is being too negative towards West Virginia, the South, whites, Republicans, or some combination of these.

Either way, I'll be sure to hit the smiley next time to ensure I don't have to explain myself later.

Archived