Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Howard Stern Listening Thread - Stern Signs to Judge Americas Got Talent

USS Redskins

:ols:

This is one area where you have very little clue about what you're talking about.

:obvious: Well, I'm NOT working those hours, NOT a multimillionaire, and NOT married to a supermodel :ols:

:obvious: Well, I'm NOT working those hours, NOT a multimillionaire, and NOT married to a supermodel :ols:

I don't even know why I'm bothering to defend Howard when his show has been pretty average lately.

However, I just find it hilarious that you have this opinion that all Howard does is complain about his life - when you've said like 500x that you never listen to the show. I can assure you that he didn't become the most successful radio personality ever by simply complaining about his life for 4-5 hours every day.

Okay, Now I have pretty much bailed on Howard (Opie and Anthony kick that ass), but can someone please well me why Sirius/XM felt it necessary to switch the ****ing channels around. I cant find anything, but yet old Howie kept his channel at 100? Who's "Hoo-hoo" is he sucking

Well, that shows you how popular he still is. Is it a surprise that a network's most popular DJ is given attention?

I haven't been listening much lately. Been flying everywhere lately, not driving. I heard parts of the Jesse James interview, sounded interesting

I'm not a big fan of the phony phone calls with dubbed over voices. Sal and Richard are at their best when they're live, imo

Money and fame don't solve all your problems. Celebs have crap in their lives to complain about, personally I think that's when Howard is at his best, when he's miserable and ticked off.

He spent 2 weeks complaining about his Droid, iPhone, and Mac setup.

• 6 months later...

Stern announced this morning he has signed on to be a judge on America's Got Talent on NBC in the Summer.

They are moving the show to NY from LA to accomodate him.

I love Stern but I freaking hate ALL those shows, X factor, Sing off, Dancing crap... it mind numbingly bad tv for me. I will probably watch and episode or two to see how he does but I am just not digging this. Stern is so much better in his realm.

Stern announced this morning he has signed on to be a judge on America's Got Talent on NBC in the Summer...

...Stern is so much better in his realm.

I totally agree. I am a truly long-standing Howard Stern listener. The only years I missed were the early NY years while I was in the Navy. I still listen almost every weekday. However, I have never liked Howard on anything outside his radio studio. In fact, I didn't even like watching the E! show even though it was his radio show, just on tv. I don't like watching Howard. I like listening to Howard.

Fartman at the MTV Awards? Not funny. The Letterman appearances? Not funny. I loved the books and the Private Parts movie for the story and the inspiration but I didn't think any of them were funny. He does one thing better than anyone in the world- comedy talk radio, and he's been wise to venture outside of that for brief moments only. Maybe this will get great ratings and change the mainstream perception of Howard Stern but I bet he won't be funny.

(Admittedly though, I'll tune in.)

I'm personally kind of excited about Stern joining AGT. He has chemistry with Sharon and Howie Mandel has been on the show a few times and was pretty funny. I don't like reality television or competition shows for the most part, but I've watched the last few seasons of AGT and find it entertaining. Will probably be much more so now that Stern is on there.

• 1 month later...

What did you all think of the David Choe intervitew, i think yesterday???

I'm going out on a limb, but was that not one of his very best/fascinating interviews?

10 girsl in one day? Hitchhiking from Miami to Alaska? Only leaving vegas under 3 times in the last 7 years?

the best interview ever.

• 3 months later...

Kinda Late to the game but has anyone watched America's Got Talent?

I watched the premiere for an hour or so and then a few minutes in week 2. I honestly hate shows like this with judges but at least this one has some variety and not just singers (cant stand idol or x factor). It held my interest for a few minutes but I havent watched a full show. Stern is funny but seems to really be working too hard at it.. comes off a bit phony at times...

You can tell he is really just not into the radio show anymore - since he lost his court case.... the old Howard is gone for good. My sirius subscription is up in December and this is the first time that I have considered not renewing. 3 days a week for 2 weeks a month - its not really worth it anymore.

Kinda Late to the game but has anyone watched America's Got Talent?

I watched the premiere for an hour or so and then a few minutes in week 2. I honestly hate shows like this with judges but at least this one has some variety and not just singers (cant stand idol or x factor). It held my interest for a few minutes but I havent watched a full show. Stern is funny but seems to really be working too hard at it.. comes off a bit phony at times...

You can tell he is really just not into the radio show anymore - since he lost his court case.... the old Howard is gone for good. My sirius subscription is up in December and this is the first time that I have considered not renewing. 3 days a week for 2 weeks a month - its not really worth it anymore.

I disagree with just about all of your post except that you hate Idol and X Factor. lol

I think America's Got Talent is a really entertaining show that he has elevated to even better television.

His radio schedule was already set before he lost his court case after he decided to renew for another 5 years when his contract was up last year. He does 4 days a week every other week, then 3 days a week, and they do take a decent amount of vacation. If you'll notice, though, the shows are getting longer and running to 11am some days when he swore he would have them done by 10pm in recent years.

Archived