Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Howard Stern Listening Thread - Stern Signs to Judge Americas Got Talent

USS Redskins

Dont know what I will do without the morning dose of Stern & Co.

The possibilities as I understand it:

Re-sign with Sirius

Start an Internet based service

Regular radio

The worst for me would be internet based - i dont want to bother with streaming phones and that bs... sirius radio has been enough of a pain over the years.

I think it is time to call it quits honestly. If he were to come back to regular radio I wonder which DC talk station would pick him up?

106.7 left talk radio and DC101 seems content with Eliot.

You have missed out on some great stuff recently... Howard has had a field day with Bababooeys book and audio version... his pitch on Kimmel and Robins perfect strike... there has been some really funny times.

I know he wont go back to regular radio... hope he re-signs with Sirius but likely will be only 3 days a week. How lame is that?

I haven't listened in months anyway. I love Howard but the show hasn't been as good as before or even when he first hit satellite.

that's why I listen to Opie and Anthony. I tried to give Howard a shot, but it was just the same rehashed crap, but now he could swear

that's why I listen to Opie and Anthony. I tried to give Howard a shot, but it was just the same rehashed crap, but now he could swear

What he said

Plus Opie and Anthony try to do the show every day for 5 days a week barring vacation time in the summer and winter

You have missed out on some great stuff recently... Howard has had a field day with Bababooeys book and audio version... his pitch on Kimmel and Robins perfect strike... there has been some really funny times.

I know he wont go back to regular radio... hope he re-signs with Sirius but likely will be only 3 days a week. How lame is that?

Word on the street is he will sign with Apple

LOL

Dont know what I will do without the morning dose of Stern & Co.

The possibilities as I understand it:

Re-sign with Sirius

Start an Internet based service

Regular radio

The worst for me would be internet based - i dont want to bother with streaming phones and that bs... sirius radio has been enough of a pain over the years.

Chances of him going back to regular radio: 0.0

The Apple rumor doesn't make much sense either. I don't think Sirius is dumb enough to let him get away and they'll get something worked out.

I haven't listened in months anyway. I love Howard but the show hasn't been as good as before or even when he first hit satellite.

He has recently had some interviews which were out of this world. Billy Joel, Jay Z were great great interviews, much better than you would get anywhere else.

While the show has lost some drive I will miss him when he leaves as I am sure he will.

He has recently had some interviews which were out of this world. Billy Joel, Jay Z were great great interviews, much better than you would get anywhere else.

While the show has lost some drive I will miss him when he leaves as I am sure he will.

The show has been a drag for the last 2 years, constant complaining by howard forced me to cancel my subscription 4 months ago. Howard, really mailed it in lately and its such a shame because he is one of the most entertaining people I have ever heard.

No way I'm dropping Sirius Howard or no Howard. Love the radio stations way too much and enjoy the NFL and Comedy channels.

That said, I'm really glad Howard is coming back for another stint on air. He is unique and I enjoy his show, shoot I've enjoyed it for over 20 years at this point. When he started in this morning he went on a riff about how he was tired, at a point where he wanted to enjoy life, and was sorry to be leaving all his support staff behind. I fell for it totally until he mentioned he had been in contact with Boston University about a part time proff job. That pretty much gave him away, but it must have been something to see all the staff people waiting, ears glued to the speakers finding out just how their near future was going to turn out.

Did you hear him telling Sal he was retiring and "riding off into the sunset" and Sal broke down and cried for almost 10 minz or so.

That's when Howard said to him "were you late for work today Sal?" in which he said "yes". Then Howard said "what do I do to people who are late." Sal said "goof on them?!" and that's when Howard called him a goofy mf'er and told him they signed for five more years. Was great hearing Sal break down crying.

I wonder if they'll finally fill artie's chair now that they have 5 more years?

I really hope its not david arquette, I really hate that guy.

I'm hoping its Tracy Morgan, George Takei, OR lupe fuentes....ok

I really hope artie comes back though, I think they need someone else in there.

Did you hear him telling Sal he was retiring and "riding off into the sunset" and Sal broke down and cried for almost 10 minz or so.

That's when Howard said to him "were you late for work today Sal?" in which he said "yes". Then Howard said "what do I do to people who are late." Sal said "goof on them?!" and that's when Howard called him a goofy mf'er and told him they signed for five more years. Was great hearing Sal break down crying.

Aw man I wish I'd heard that. :)

Tracy Morgan is just unlistenable. Is that a word?

Anyways, I think he is great on visual media but he interviews like an illiterate crack addict hopped up on ritalin. But without any semblance of interest.

Really? I think he works well with howard. But I'd agree, over time (One week) the bit will be old. He constantly talks over howard.

But they need artie back IMO.

Sometimes the show goes on and on about howard's personal life that it needs a few laughs to break some of howard's long rants. I don't know, I just hope the guy comes back. He really does make the show better.

It was a classic! I always wondered why he keeps an idiot like Sal around, and that was a clear reason why.

Archived