Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Howard Stern Listening Thread - Stern Signs to Judge Americas Got Talent

USS Redskins

I have debated about calling in and asking Stern when is he buying a ranch and when does he start wearing a cowboy hat.

For as much hell as he gives Imus(deservedly so), he's starting to act like him: Young wife,pimping her book deal.

LOL, you should but Imus is the biggest Dbag on the radio.

Yes!! Took a while to get someone to start a thread up.

This week was great except for Beth O. Howard sold out with that interview.

And I'm sure Howard is coming back, no way he leaves all the guys without jobs. He cares too much.

What the **** is up with Doug and the baby clothes. Jeez, I've NEVER heard of someone going ape **** over baby clothes. I think Shuli would kick his butt.

I have debated about calling in and asking Stern when is he buying a ranch and when does he start wearing a cowboy hat.

For as much hell as he gives Imus(deservedly so), he's starting to act like him: Young wife,pimping her book deal.

That would be great....

If these are the final 99 live shows... I hope there is an Artie appearance at one point.

I am still irritated that they cant do a live show on Fridays. A 4 day work week is pretty light for $100 million a year.

Could someone that listens to Stern share the gist of this "Beth-O" thing?

Beth- O is a very hot, seemingly very sweet lady who married Stern a few years back after dating for 5 or 6 years.

For years after his divorce in 1999 Stern had constantly belittled anyone who was engaged or actually married someone. He would call them stupid and idiotic for getting married. And then he goes ahead and gets married in 2008.

Anyway.... She loves animals and volunteers for the North Shore Animal League (which tells everyone to adopt from a kennel) and they own a bulldog that was bought from a breeder and sent away to a trainer and they even have professional dog walkers (whatever the hell that is)... and now she has written a book called Oh My Dog which helps you train and understand your mutt.

Some are calling it a vanity project from the wife of a millionaire radio personality b/c she has no real expertise on the subject, just a background of volunteering for an animal charity which involves her walking red carpets and appearing at social functions, looking really good.

She claims that she is no expert and simply interviewed experts and placed all the info in one place. According to reviews the book is ripe with grammatical and spelling errors and is a complete joke.

Stern, for decades, has absolutely trashed other entertainers wives/husbands and their pet projects (Seinfeld's wife's cookbook and Imus's wife's endeavors are recent examples) when they would do this sort of thing...

But of course, its totally different now... Beth-O owns a bull dog someone else trained and other people walk, so now she is qualified to "author" a book on the subject. Howard and his crew have been justifying it for a few weeks now but long time Stern fans (who love the show and the integrity it used to have) have called the situation what it is: total and complete Hypocrisy.

We still love the show but cant believe Stern has turned into what he used to make fun of.

I miss Artie. I didn't realize how much better the show is with him on it until he isn't there.

As for Howard, I never cease to be amazed when he whines about how his audience is petty and rude and a bunch of "haters". Well duh. Have you listened to your ****ing show Howard? I don't think you're exactly targeting the Boy Scouts.

The show over the past month or so has been incredibly boring imo.

I miss Artie. I didn't realize how much better the show is with him on it until he isn't there.

As for Howard, I never cease to be amazed when he whines about how his audience is petty and rude and a bunch of "haters". Well duh. Have you listened to your ****ing show Howard? I don't think you're exactly targeting the Boy Scouts.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I miss Artie but I think anyone adding an extra voice to the show at this point would be refreshing. I get tired of it just being Howard and Robin yapping it up all morning.

I thought it was just the fact that Artie was gone but once David Arquette came in and provided the show a boost for the day I realized that I just miss having a third voice. Howard and Robin are both nutjobs for the most part so it's nice when a semi-rational voice is heard on the air.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I miss Artie but I think anyone adding an extra voice to the show at this point would be refreshing. I get tired of it just being Howard and Robin yapping it up all morning.

I thought it was just the fact that Artie was gone but once David Arquette came in and provided the show a boost for the day I realized that I just miss having a third voice. Howard and Robin are both nutjobs for the most part so it's nice when a semi-rational voice is heard on the air.

Absolutely. Robin especially has been exponentially annoying since Artie left.

I don't understand why Fred doesn't talk more. He usually has interesting and rational things to say. He's picked it up a little since Artie left but not enough.

Fred's impressions of Benjy and JD are hilarious- Benjy especially

Arquette was fun for the day. They should do that more often.

Robin can be unbearable at times, as well. I actually find myself wanting more of Benjy and Ralph calling in.

I do enjoy when George Takei is in studio as well. He is such a good natured guy and some of his interactions with Artie were priceless.

One exchagne from 2006 or 2007:

Howard was looking at a photo of George Takei at a red carpet event and Howard commented on the dress-like outfit that George had worn that night. It looked very feminine. George said it was a traditional Asian thing... Howard asked Artie :"what do you think of the outfit?" and Artie responded in perfect deadpan: "I think George is a fruit.." And George roared with laughter in that maniacal way.

I nearly wrecked my car I was laughing so hard.

Artie did make the show, I do agree it has been really BORING but there are still funny moments. I like listening to the best of the week instead on Saturday's and Sundays whenever I am in the car. I think if Howard does come back it will be hopfuly because Artie is coming on the show again.

Absolutely. Robin especially has been exponentially annoying since Artie left.

I don't understand why Fred doesn't talk more. He usually has interesting and rational things to say. He's picked it up a little since Artie left but not enough.

Fred's impressions of Benjy and JD are hilarious- Benjy especially

Because Fred is from Mars :ols: he is strange bird but whenever he does interact he is funny and well spoken.

As someone that never really listened to howard. Occasionally watched the show on E when I was younger would you mind explaining that?

I watched the Movie on Cinamax the other night (couldn't turn it off) and am interested.

The most obvious one would be "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader". That show's premise was lifted directly from Howard's show from at least the early 1990s.

Another would be folks like Dave Letterman calling their mom's and getting them involved with the show, though to Dave's credit he was always honest about where he got the idea.

Also the whole morning Zoo concept with a news person acting like the show host's straight man comes from Howard and Robin. Before they worked together the news people and the "talent" would never actually talk toi each other.

There are others examples of his ideas being used, but on the flip side Howard sometimes gos off on ideas that really have been around prior to him if they show up in other shows. Like Leno's "Jaywalking". T.V. people did that man-on-the-street thing back in the 1960s but Howard is convinced it came from his show. Or his claim (which I think he backed off from) the John Stewert's idea of goofing on current events comes from his show because nobody joked about news before he did. You know... like Saturday Night Live didn't do it back in the 1970s.

Sal Governale. Love him or hate him?

In small doses he is okay but I've always found the phony phone calls one of the slow points in the show.

He was better when Artie would start going off on him for being the incredible idiot he is.

How about Howard's annoying girlfriend Ralph?

Bigfoot:

Greatest whack packer of all time it is?

The Bigfoot/Little Lupe phone sex call is one of the funniest bits to ever air on the show,IMO.

I was dying when I heard that bit!! The Fake Arnold phone sex bit and the Blue Iris calls an old lady bit are two of my favorites.

brutal! :ols:

I love this one the most...

63 of 111 people found the following review helpful:

stars-1-0._V47060502_.gifA book about dogs.....written by a horse, May 4, 2010

By John Heincarrot._V47081519_.gif (NY,NY) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Oh My Dog: How to Choose, Train, Groom, Nurture, Feed, and Care for Your New Best Friend (Paperback)

Please do not buy this book. I read an advanced copy...and I came away hating dogs, horses, and gold digging trophy wives. The "author" bought her dog pre-trained from a breeder. She pays people to walk, and take care of her dog while she is out desperately seeking red carpets. The "charity" she represents is rated as one of the WORST. Over 75% of the money you donate goes to paying salaries of the CEO and other airheads. Less than 1/4 of the money you donate will ever help a dog. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not help this sad, disgusting woman stay in the limelight for one more second.

:drooley::drooley::drooley::drooley::drooley:

My fav phone call recently is howards mother and father calling the power company... I could listen to hoaward mimic his parents all day.

Agreed. Howard doing an impression of his parents always has me in near tears. Especially his dad. "whaaaat?"

Archived