Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Howard Stern Listening Thread - Stern Signs to Judge Americas Got Talent

USS Redskins

I really think (still) that the show is missing something without Artie. Howard hasn't really been able to capture back his mojo since Artie left.

That said, I was doing some serious loling when they were ripping on Gary's lists for his book. :ols:

I hope they stay on Sirius. I doubt it happens though. They would have announced something I think by now.

"and here is my list of songs that are on other lists of songs"

"when the beatles became the band we all know and remember them for"

:ols:

Also, I think I must be the only person who thinks Tracey Morgan is a terrible guest. Seriously, he is just unlistenable. I guess I don't get the funny. Now if they could have Jim Breuer on doing his Tracey Morgan impression the entire time, that would be hilarious.

If he was leaving he would have said so already.

Just last week he kinda slipped and said both sides are working on something.

He knows what he wants and what the show is worth, but as these things typically go it's going to come down to the last minute for someone to budge and hammer out a deal.

I missed Artie at first but now I've gotten used to him not being there. I always thought he was great when they did the news, and Artie and Stern would just go off on tangents like doing the Ted Kennedy thing. ERRA!

Artie and Godfried were epic. They would get delirous with laughter and you couldn't help but just crack up.

I heard Howard saying that Jackie is now a waiter that tells jokes... It was last week during one of his shows! I wouldnt mind having Jackie back on the show, even though he is no Artie but he is funnier than what the show has been in the past year or so without Artie.

The show certainly misses something without Artie/Jackie on the show. They were the folks who would call out Robin or Howard on their crap when they get a little too full of themselves.

The recent goofing on Gary has been hilarious. Hey Gary, can you come up with a list of songs that start with the letter R by bands that start with the letter R?

One thing I'd like to see is for there to be more of the 'one-time' shows on either 101 (or maybe a third Howard channel) if he stays. Chuck Zito is funny, John the stutter is a riot, and the sour-shoes show had me in tears. I'd like for them to be on more often, and maybe Riley Martin could get his 4 hours, m-fer.

Artie and Gottfried were epic. They would get delirous with laughter and you couldn't help but just crack up.

I totally agree with that. I think Howard might be holding back on a replacement because he wants Artie back. Another sidekick would be an easy way to improve the show right now.

BTW, Artie's apparently selling his house in Jersey http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/11/11/artie-lange-lists-new-jersey-home/tab/comments/.

If he was leaving he would have said so already.

Just last week he kinda slipped and said both sides are working on something.

He knows what he wants and what the show is worth, but as these things typically go it's going to come down to the last minute for someone to budge and hammer out a deal.

I'm sure they are "working on something" but I doubt Howard is returning to Sirius. When I received my my three periodic advert from the company recently Howard's channel was not included. It's very doubtful they would fail to include their larggest draw and most famous broadcaster if he was even somewhat likely to return.

What I suspect is he is on the way out and both sides know it, but don't want the acrimony of his last departure.

I totally agree with that. I think Howard might be holding back on a replacement because he wants Artie back. Another sidekick would be an easy way to improve the show right now.

BTW, Artie's apparently selling his house in Jersey http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/11/11/artie-lange-lists-new-jersey-home/tab/comments/.

No way.

Howard basically came out and said yesterday that we wouldn't be hearing from Artie on the Howard Stern Show again.

It's a shame - other than a few moments - mainly the first David Arquette "intern" appearance, and Howard and Co. goofing on Gary's list this past week - the show hasn't been anywhere close to as funny as it was before Artie left.

No way.

Howard basically came out and said yesterday that we wouldn't be hearing from Artie on the Howard Stern Show again.

I think what he said was that it was highly doubtful we'd hear from Artie before the end of this contract with Sirius. Technically :)

It would be great if they came back in January and Artie was back, healthy and ready to go. Seems doubtful though.

I think they'll come back with a new side kick.

Not sure I like the idea of David Arquette, if thats even a possibility. As much as I like Breuer I'm not sure he would be great at it either, day in and day out.

No way.

It's a shame - other than a few moments - mainly the first David Arquette "intern" appearance, and Howard and Co. goofing on Gary's list this past week - the show hasn't been anywhere close to as funny as it was before Artie left.

I think what he said was that it was highly doubtful we'd hear from Artie before the end of this contract with Sirius. Technically :)

I think you're referring to this. http://www.topnews.in/howard-stern-show-continue-without-artie-lange-2286090

Apparently he's still being held from being on the show for medical reasons. (What's up with the dots in the link btw? That's a pretty cool feature of the new forum.)

My mistake then.

I'd love for Artie return - even if it was just a call-in interview.

However, I just get the impression that Howard is genuinely pissed/disgusted at the guys actions.

I don't know how a guy so into psychology would be pissed about someone's mental disorder. He's just been respecting Artie's wishes by not talking about it.

My mistake then.

However, I just get the impression that Howard is genuinely pissed/disgusted at the guys actions.

I would say he was more horrified that someone could do that to themselves, and deeply saddened for him more than anything.

My mistake then.

That's funny. I heard the same stuff and didn't get that reaction at all. Just the differing reactions from different people I guess.

The impression I had from Howard was that he feels ill at ease with the idea of bringing Artie back because one: they don't plan on being there very long, and two: a lingering feeling that the show and its demands was one of the reasons why Artie self-destructed in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know what I will do without the morning dose of Stern & Co.

The possibilities as I understand it:

Re-sign with Sirius

Start an Internet based service

Regular radio

The worst for me would be internet based - i dont want to bother with streaming phones and that bs... sirius radio has been enough of a pain over the years.

Archived