Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Star Wars Day!

MattFancy

Today, May 4th, is Star Wars day. I know we have plenty of Star Wars geeks on here, so let's celebrate!!

Here's a little history about the great day:

May 4 is called Star Wars Day (also sometimes known as Luke Skywalker Day) because of a pun on the similarity between "May the 4th be with you" and "May the Force be with you", a phrase often spoken in the Star Wars movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

starwars80.jpg

Ugh, ****ing nerds, when are you guys gonna stop playing with spaceships and laserswords and actually go play some sports outside??

Edit: "May the 4th be with you" is actually kinda cool, never realized it.

I was 7 years old and I remember the first clip I saw on "Good Morning America" was the tie-fighter battle just after the Falcon escaped from the Death Star. I remember standing there with my mouth open.

I still own a lot of the toys from the 1970's and early 80's...my son is now playing with them...it is such a trip watching him create his own stories.

William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!

Charlie: Are- are you saying then that we should pay more attention to the movies?

William Shatner: NO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING AT ALL!!! HEY, YOU GUYS ARE... THE LAMEST BUNCH... I'VE NEVER SEEN... [ walks away from podium ] I can't believe these people... I mean, I really can't understand what's....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUnGf5e23cE&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUnGf5e23cE&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

the dark side is strong with this one:saber:

You ain't seen nothing yet. :evil:

Ah yes. I remember reading the Time magazine about Star Wars before it came out. "The Years Best Movie" they called it.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,914964-1,00.html

I was all worked up about seeing the movie. Then watched a clip of the movie on T.V. when they test landed the Space Shuttle,(Enterprise I believe),and that was it. Had to see it. Wasn't until school was out in mid-June,(end of my freshman year),that I went to see it with my brothers and a couple of friends at Fair City Mall. Saw it a total of 5 times before it went out of circulation. My dad saw it 3. Never did that with a movie before or since.

the dark side is strong with this one:saber:
You can play Star Wars outside. Next complaint?

:evilg:

I love how we have always had a lightsaber battle emoticon. It works so well in so many situations. Does anyone here watch The Clone Wars? I've never seen it, just curious.

Does anyone here watch The Clone Wars? I've never seen it, just curious.

Yes I do, and it can be quite good...AND I am about to go to the gym and workout for about an hour or more...is this ok for you almighty judge of everything thats supposed to be normal?

:cool:

Also for my Star Wars heads....a little Darth Vader tribute I made like 4 years ago. Check it out.

cVnGU9rggVM

Oh man, Ob, who goes to the gym in the mornings??? :pfft:

But really, I've been wanting to get into the show, never really had the chance. A New Hope is such a comfort movie for me. I can put it on and immediately be in a good mood.

Oh man, Ob, who goes to the gym in the mornings??? :pfft:

But really, I've been wanting to get into the show, never really had the chance. A New Hope is such a comfort movie for me. I can put it on and immediately be in a good mood.

Def check it out. Season 2 just ended...and it ended very well. Season 1 should be available on dvd/bluray. It has some corny Star Wars moments...and a couple filler episodes here and there...but the good episodes...are VERY good. People die often, it's more of a grown up Star Wars. The space battles have an epic feel. Sometimes I watch it and think why couldn't the prequels be more like this.

Now off to the gym with me. Dare I rock my skull and crossbones stormtooper shirt?

I saw it when I was 3 1/2. I remember seeing it with my parents and then went and got my first 2 action figures, a Stormtrooper and Chewbacca. When we got a Video Disc Player, Star Wars was one of the first movies we got.

Archived