Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW mock draft: Tebow to Eagles?

Dirk Diggler

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/05/mcnabb-trade-creates-door-for-tebow

4. Washington Redskins

OLT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa*

With Donovan McNabb in tow, protection now must become a priority. While GM Bruce Allen still may have some tricks up his sleeve that could further affect the Redskins' Draft Day decision, Bulaga is a very safe pick around whom to build the offensive line if the Redskins do not address the position prior to the draft.

15. New York Giants

MLB Rolando McClain, Alabama*

Having to part ways with injury-prone Antonio Pierce was a double-edged sword for the Giants. It not only subtracted a productive tackler, it eliminated a very vocal, respected leader and defensive tempo setter. In McClain, the Giants could replace both on-field leadership and Pierce's production.

24. Philadelphia Eagles

QB Tim Tebow, Florida

The careers of team president Joe Banner and GM Howie Roseman share some commonalities with Tebow's — a dogged determination defying the odds. As each day draws closer and NFL teams come to grips with the reality that is their NFL rosters, the value of quarterbacks in this draft continues to creep up, and by the time the draft kicks off in prime time, there is a very realistic chance of Tebow fitting into the first round. The Eagles had the deepest pool of talent at the QB position prior to dealing Donovan McNabb within the division and now have a vacancy with which to welcome Tebow with open arms. Banner's greatest strength has been preparing for the future, and if Kolb's contract can be extended now that McNabb is out of the picture, it will position the Eagles to deal him after developing Tebow for three years and give the Eagles another measure of protection, not to mention motivation for Kolb. Peria Jerry signed a five-year contract totaling $13.25 million in this slot a year ago, with a more realistic value of $10.35 million over five years given incentives. If the Tebow experiment does not work out, the Eagles might be able to justify a $2 million annual salary in jersey sales. And given time to work his magic, Andy Reid has the incubator to build Tebow into a winner.

27. Dallas Cowboys

FS Taylor Mays, USC

Would Taylor Mays really be any different from Ken Hamlin or Roy Williams? Not much, but that has not stopped Jerry Jones from continuing to take chances on straight-linish, heavy-hitting safeties, and the supersized Mays would appear to be the latest in a great line of misses.

How about Okung AND McNabb on the Skins and Vick and Tebow on the Eagles?

Actually, if the Redskins play their cards right in the case Okung is taken #2 by Detroit, Washington can trade down to mid-round and still pick up an OT and then another OL or DL in Round 2.

I don't see Philly taking Tebow in the first round at all. Why would you take a QB who did not throw at the Combine or at his Pro Day because he is changing his throwing motion in the 1st Rd? That's crazy and while I hate Philadelphia, they have never struck me as a stupid team. Don't get me wrong, I would love see this but I don't believe they would.

I also don't see Dallas taking Mays at 27. We do need a Safety but Mays is not the Safety we need. If we were going to keep a guy just like Roy or Hamlin, then why wouldn't we just keep one or the other? Why would we spend a boat load of money on the same guy we already had? That's just lazy reporting IMO.

Archived