Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxPhilly - Glazer: Redskins Called About McNabb

HapHaszard

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/040310-redskins-called-about-mcnabb

It sounds like a wild story but Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer says the Washington Redskins contacted the Philadelphia Eagles about Donovan McNabb.

On his Twitter account. Glazer responded to a question about McNabb and says he actually heard the Redskins made an “inquiry” about McNabb.

But would the Eagles actually trade an all-Pro quarterback like McNabb to a division rival?

Such a concept seems ridiculous but back in 1964, the Eagles sent a young record-setting quarterback named Sonny Jurgensen to the Redksins for Norm Snead.

In 1962, Jurgensen was all-Pro and set several NFL records for the Eagles, but he fell out of favor after an injury-prone season in 1963. Jurgensen later made the NFL Hall of Fame.

Snead was booed for much of his career in Philadelphia.

There are two reasons why Eagles fans should at least consider a McNabb to Redskins rumor as a remote possibility.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

^ LOL at TN41....

The Beagles will never send us McNabb unless we gave up a kings ransom for him which we'd never do. If he were a FA that's the only way we could get him. No way do the Eagles want to face him twice a year, stupid rumor

Haha, I have to echo addicted's sentiment and say there's almost no chance of that happening. As much as it pains me to say because he's an Eagle, but I actually like McNabb, he seems like a pretty good guy. Maybe I also have some sympathy for always taking heat from Philly fans but I truly wouldn't mind him as our quarterback for a year or two. Winning a Super Bowl with him I think would be one of the most hilarious things ever.

That said, unless he comes really cheap, I'd rather just have Campbell or maybe even Brennan take their lumps while they fix the line and get back to running the ball. But I doubt that we'll be seeing McNabb on an NFC East team this upcoming season.

One would hope our FO contacted the Birds to find out the asking price. If you gave the Eagles enough incentive they would trade McNugget. I bet the skins backed off when they learned the asking price was at least their second round pick and probably some players. Though, I would not put it past the Birds to ask for our first round pick.

I see this as nothing more than our FO covering all bases and investigating all possibilities. Nice to finally have some real football people running the show.

So who will be in charge of the arrangements?
Where are you at, don't do it, I'll be right there, please, step away from the roof, lol...

I'm looking for the nearest gun...

seriously, this is so ****ed up. I hate that guy with a passion. I am in disbelief with this team...I expect most of the stadium to boo him when he comes to play.

I'm looking for the nearest gun...

seriously, this is so ****ed up. I hate that guy with a passion. I am in disbelief with this team...I expect most of the stadium to boo him when he comes to play.

I know what you mean man. I've never hated a player in any sport as much as I have hated McNabb over the last decade. I seriously don't know how I can root for him. It's going to be bizarrre.

Nothing in sports frustrated me as much as when McNabb would elude tacklers and avoid sacks seemingly a dozen times a game. Trying to imagine myself cheering for those plays now instead of screaming expletives at the TV is damn near impossible to do.

Stunned...shocked...flabbergasted. None of them do justice to the way I feel right now.

^ LOL at TN41....

The Beagles will never send us McNabb unless we gave up a kings ransom for him which we'd never do. If he were a FA that's the only way we could get him. No way do the Eagles want to face him twice a year, stupid rumor

:hysterical:

Thanks for the lulz.

P.S

I predict Flozell will be protecting Mcflabb next year. That and Deion Sanders comes out of retirement to take more of Danny's $$ and convinces T.O. to come with him.

If this were two years ago, I'd have thought it was a good idea.

I don't think it's a good idea now...especially with so many question marks on the o-line.

You know how much I love Donnie Mac and yet, tr1- we agree. :paranoid:

Archived