Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Sam Bradford eager for visit with Redskins

MrSilverMaC

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/03/AR2010040302971.html

When the Washington Redskins meet with Sam Bradford this week, they'll be trying to decide just how much they like the quarterback prospect and whether they should maneuver themselves to nab him in this month's NFL Draft.

Bradford will be taking notes, too, though he already has some familiarity with Mike Shanahan's brand of football. Growing up in Oklahoma City, Bradford was surrounded by Denver Broncos fans and saw plenty of Shanahan's former team on local television.

"If you look at some of their offenses and look at the things that [John] Elway was able to do, I think it's pretty cool to think that I might have the chance to one day play in that offense," Bradford said in a telephone interview Saturday. "I think that's pretty exciting."

Click link for more...

Sounds like he has a good PR person telling him what to say. The Redskins are an insurance policy for Bradford. If the Rams decide they don't want to pay him he gets drafted by us and demands more money than the 1st overall claiming that it's normal for QB's to make more.

Sounds like he has a good PR person telling him what to say. The Redskins are an insurance policy for Bradford. If the Rams decide they don't want to pay him he gets drafted by us and demands more money than the 1st overall claiming that it's normal for QB's to make more.

That would suck. I was hoping he would sign for a average salary not wanting to go down as the highest paid rookie ever (a very heavy set of expectations to live up to) instead of just one of many other over paid rookies . We already have the AH 100 mill contract that can never be lived up to.

Honestly, I was 100% Okung with the 4th pick until a few weeks ago. Bradford has really grown on me and if he's there, I won't be upset at all if they get him. If they choose Okung over him, I may even be a little upset. But, if he's gone and they don't pick Okung, then I'll definitely be angry. Clausen is not the guy everyone thinks and Bradford clearly has the advantage.

I'm glad Bradford wants to play here. I don't think he will, but I've definitely come around the idea of him being our 'next big thing'.

or making sure all 32 teams know that the skins will take him at 4 and serious moves have to be made to jump them if the rams pass. Either way he'll be the highest paid player in this draft.

Yeah, but I can't see the Rams simply passing on him. I think whatever happens to SB, the Rams will be involved.

We should trade our #4 pick plus, Andre Carter and something else to move up to get him, but I don't think the Rams want anything that we have. Send Carlos Rogers, but we need our picks.

#4 = 1800 points

#1 = 3000 points

They probably are going to want our #1 for next year, for us to move up 3 places. It would be very costly.

The more I read the more I understand the difficulties of evaluating QB's. Hindsight is great, but how do you really know if this guy is the best?

What I do see is that McCoy, Bradford and Clausen appear to be the best QB's in the draft and should be the first three off the board. Does it matter when Tebow is drafted?

Heck, some are now saying that McCoy will be the best QB long term after a few years of learning.

The more I read the more I hope the skins sit at number 4. I am warming up to Clausen and he should be there at number 4. If the Rams decide to go a different direction and both Bradford and Clausen are there at number 4 it is going to be interesting which one is picked.

Yeah, but I can't see the Rams simply passing on him. I think whatever happens to SB, the Rams will be involved.

I think that way too. The pick is worth a lot so just taking Suh would hurt. I am hearing (through Rams fans in the family) the ownership issue is really putting a dent in the #1 draft pick issue. They think it will be a move down to the Redskins or Browns.

Question is what is it going to cost us? I think we have to offer players move then anything because we have some quality over Cleveland but they have more picks to play with and the Rams need help at almost every position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaYwLTBwzo&feature=related

The more I watch this hit by a 234lb LB,#41 Coleby Clawson is an ex Mormon Missionary and is on no ones draft radar, the more I see this guy as fragile. It's in his face and in his eyes! What's he gonna do when he's got the Ray Lewis's and Justin Tuck's of the world burying him into the turf with no protection! I see a bust and big time! Like 3 and out with Millions of $$$!

There are 3 top Qbs in the Draft and Tebow.

The Skins might miss on all 4.

Here is how.

1. Rams take Bradford @1.

2. Cleveland trades with TBay and snares Clausen @3.

3. Skins take Okung @4.

4. McCoy goes to the 49ers @17.

5. Tebow goes to Colts @31.

Archived