Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Sam Bradford eager for visit with Redskins

MrSilverMaC

This is a scary thread. Because of a workout in shorts people are signing off on mortgaging the future of the team to trade up for a substantial risk at #1.

Rookie salaries are likely to be adjusted in the next year. It is certain that Bradford is going to get (demand) the highest rookie contract in the history of the league. With the renegotiation there is a good chance that Bradford will be making more than the number 1 pick for quite some time.

I'm not saying Bradford will flop, but he has plenty of question marks. This is his last year of competitive football.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188934

He's had plenty of surrounding talent (Loadholt, Williams, Iglasias, Kelly, Greshiam) in a very stat friendly offense. Bradford's backup put up these numbers as a freshman.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=377845

We know about his shoulder injury and, while I'm not so worried about the shoulder, I wonder about how he'll hold up in the NFL. He doesn't have superior talent on the line compared to his opponents. If he didn't hold up in college, will he hold up in the pros?

Now, if we had the first pick overall, I'd be willing to draft Bradford. Heck, I might prefer it. But trading into a bigger salary and eschewing addressing other needs (by trading away high picks) is not prudent.

Then again, if he is a top 3 QB for the next ten years, it's obviously worth it. We did the same thing for Campbell five years ago on a smaller scale...

Here is another scenario, what if Clausen and Bradford are off the board by the 4th pick? That will bother me more. As long as the FO accurately determines who they think the best QB in the draft is I don't care what QB they select.

I definitely think one of the two will still be there.

The Redskins and Rams are the only two teams in the top 4 really in the market for a QB considering that both the Lions and Bucs have their QBs of the future.

If by some freak happenstance the two QBs are gone, the Redskins absolutely should go with an LT, hopefully an Okung or a Beluga.

Yup. I was hoping that he would respond to your post and lay out how exactly Jimmy Clausen is Ryan Leafy, but I guess that's not happning.

It's hard to quantifi you know it when you see it. Watch his body language the way he carries himself. The rumors out of ND of him being an ahole. It all adds up to the ole saying where there's smoke there's fire. IMO

It's hard to quantifi you know it when you see it. Watch his body language the way he carries himself. The rumors out of ND of him being an ahole. It all adds up to the ole saying where there's smoke there's fire. IMO

That was his M-O coming out of high school. I realize high school kids are ****y a lot but the story goes that Claussen wore a crown his first week on campus..

Claussen's attitude is honestly a lot like Ryan Leaf's. He is more talented but there are a lot of similarities between their personalities.

And just look at the guy, just looking at his picture he looks like the type of insecure guy that would be a prick

That was his M-O coming out of high school. I realize high school kids are ****y a lot but the story goes that Claussen wore a crown his first week on campus..

Claussen's attitude is honestly a lot like Ryan Leaf's. He is more talented but there are a lot of similarities between their personalities.

And just look at the guy, just looking at his picture he looks like the type of insecure guy that would be a prick

Looks like a duck.......

I bet he lost a lot of that eagerness. Enjoy the Rams, Bradford.

Yup. Now that most of the mystique involving whether we'll move up or not will keep fading, I'm sure you'll see all kinds of pro-Rams talk out of Bradford's camp, acting like his supposed preference of the Skins never happened.

I'm not so sure, we still have JC who we have to unload likely now. I wouldn't put it past them to trade up still. Though Allen now holds all the cards because we can sit pretty with McNabb and Draft Okung or Buluga, or even Clausen, whoever is there.

And THAT's why I love this trade, instead of sitting wishy washy and letting other teams drive what we do, we took it by the horns. Let's just hope McNabb is here at least 3 or 4 years.

And THAT's why I love this trade, instead of sitting wishy washy and letting other teams drive what we do, we took it by the horns. Let's just hope McNabb is here at least 3 or 4 years.

Like Jason Taylor?

I'm still holding out hope that we're shipping McNabb as part of a package to the Rams for the number one pick. Otherwise, trading a high 2nd and a third (assuming McNabb has a decent year) for a career downside 33 year old QB is yet the latest in a series of shortsighted moves made by this franchise under Little Danny.

Archived