Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Sam Bradford eager for visit with Redskins

MrSilverMaC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaYwLTBwzo&feature=related

The more I watch this hit by a 234lb LB,#41 Coleby Clawson is an ex Mormon Missionary and is on no ones draft radar, the more I see this guy as fragile. It's in his face and in his eyes! What's he gonna do when he's got the Ray Lewis's and Justin Tuck's of the world burying him into the turf with no protection! I see a bust and big time! Like 3 and out with Millions of $$$!

First of all at least know your facts before you spit. That was Bradford's first or second game back after injuring the very same shoulder that caused him to miss a large amount of time. So its not like it just happened when he was healthy.

I'm sorta seeing some Ryan Leafy-ness... Hopefully not, but I don't really want to take that chance...

Well heres what I see in Sam Bradford - frail, unable to read defenses, anytime he played a team with a defense that wasn't horrible he couldn't make it happen, choked in the BCS championship, so what if he throws a perfect spiral to a wide open receiver - Mark Brunell could do that, will take years to adjust to the NFL, high chance to bust even if he went to the Redskins

First of all at least know your facts before you spit. That was Bradford's first or second game back after injuring the very same shoulder that caused him to miss a large amount of time. So its not like it just happened when he was healthy.

I think you need to check your fact's. That was the 1st hit that caused the injury! He came back 3 weeks later against Baylor. The following week he was knocked out on the first drive against Texas!

We should trade our #4 pick plus, Andre Carter and something else to move up to get him, but I don't think the Rams want anything that we have. Send Carlos Rogers, but we need our picks.

#4 = 1800 points

#1 = 3000 points

They probably are going to want our #1 for next year, for us to move up 3 places. It would be very costly.

So we'd send a starting cornerback? which we would replace with ?

IMO, if we leave the 2010 draft without Sam Bradford then it will have been a complete failure. I feel that strongly about it and him. I think Mike will feel the same after this visit.

If we leave the 2010 draft without Bradford or Clausen at #4 it will be a failure. Franchise QBs are selected in the first round period. Dont bother posting a list of QBs taken after round 1 that are franchise QBs because I already did the research and there are a more first round franchise QBs then post first round franchise QBs. Sure there are OL problems but Shanahan is known for finding late round OL talent to fit what he wants to do.

Just this very instant I am comfortable trading our 2010 and 2011 first round picks to trade up and get bradford.

Reason #1: You get your franchise QB and be done with it. Stability at the most important position is worth not having a 1st rounder for one year.

Reason #2: You are going to be breaking the bank trying to pay him and next year you have the satisfaction of know you don't have to pay another 1st rounder big money.

Reason #3: This is probably the last draft you will be picking so high the so the 1st rounder next year is almost assuredly not going to be as high as the 4th pick.

I'm on board.

If Shanahan believes that Bradford is a franchise QB, then I'm down with trading next year's 1st rounder. I'm torn between both Bradford and Clausen. I just don't know which one will be the best for us. I'm just glad we have Shanahan making the decision and not Zorn and Cerrato.

If we leave the 2010 draft without Bradford or Clausen at #4 it will be a failure. Franchise QBs are selected in the first round period. Dont bother posting a list of QBs taken after round 1 that are franchise QBs because I already did the research and there are a more first round franchise QBs then post first round franchise QBs. Sure there are OL problems but Shanahan is known for finding late round OL talent to fit what he wants to do.

This sums up my feelings exactly. If we don't draft Clausen or Bradford, I'm going to be very disappointed.

I have said in the past that franchise QB's are the ones worth trading two first round draft picks to obtain, I just have this feeling that too many questions remain to move up to obtain a QB.

Meaning, is Bradford the best QB in the draft? He has some question marks that need to be answered. Also, the Rams are in disarray. They may decide not to pick a QB leaving the skins with their pick of the top two. Det. is not going to pick one and I doubt Tampa does either.

Between Bradford and Clausen, it just kind of seems to me that Bradford may be getting overhyped and Clausen underhyped. I think Kiper still has Clausen rated slightly higher than Bradford, but for the most part the media is really touting Bradford.

this is pure posturing by Bradford's camp.

it is eerily reminiscient of LaVar Arrington in 2000 when he did everything to communicate to the Browns that he would rather not play in Cleveland.

Bradford and his agents know St. Louis is a mess and financially they are not set up give him the kind of deal he is looking for.

They know Washington has the money and that Shanahan would be a better tutor than anyone Spagnuolo could hire to coach Sam there.

So, they are trying their best to sell the Redskins even more on the idea of trading up and 'rescuing' their client from being lost in oblivion in St. Louis.

this is pure posturing by bradford's camp.

It is eerily reminiscient of lavar arrington in 2000 when he did everything to communicate to the browns that he would rather not play in cleveland.

Bradford and his agents know st. Louis is a mess and financially they are not set up give him the kind of deal he is looking for.

They know washington has the money and that shanahan would be a better tutor than anyone spagnuolo could hire to coach sam there.

So, they are trying their best to sell the redskins even more on the idea of trading up and 'rescuing' their client from being lost in oblivion in st. Louis.

+1

This. Get a franchise QB now, and move forward. Sit him while JC/RG/CB get killed if you must.

I don't disagree that a franchise QB is worth two first round picks. However, your assuming that Bradford is a franchise QB.

My answer is that their are too many questions to move up. Wait until our pick and select the QB with that pick. If it is meant to be, the QB the team wants will be there. And, that could be McCoy for all we know. I will let Shanny and Co. do the evaluating.

this is pure posturing by bradford's camp.

It is eerily reminiscient of lavar arrington in 2000 when he did everything to communicate to the browns that he would rather not play in cleveland.

Bradford and his agents know st. Louis is a mess and financially they are not set up give him the kind of deal he is looking for.

They know washington has the money and that shanahan would be a better tutor than anyone spagnuolo could hire to coach sam there.

So, they are trying their best to sell the redskins even more on the idea of trading up and 'rescuing' their client from being lost in oblivion in st. Louis.

+1

+2

They probably are going to want our #1 for next year, for us to move up 3 places. It would be very costly.
It's like going to be at least equal to what the Giants gave up to acquire Eli Manning, which was their rights to Philip Rivers (the #4 pick) and their 1st/3rd the following year.

The way I look at it, that type of price to pay is worth it if you're getting a guy who can be your QB for the next 10+ years or so. It's a risky trade that can either set back your franchise (which the Ryan Leaf debacle showed) or make your franchise (which the Eli Manning and John Elway trades showed).

Shanahan has a history of knowing good QBs who can fit his system when he sees them, so if he strongly believes that Bradford is that good and that perfect of a fit for the system he and Kyle want to implement here, then by all means go and get him.

If Bradford busts, will I be disappointed? Hell yes. Will I be angry we made the trade? Nope.

I don't disagree that a franchise QB is worth two first round picks. However, your assuming that Bradford is a franchise QB.

My answer is that their are too many questions to move up. Wait until our pick and select the QB with that pick. If it is meant to be, the QB the team wants will be there. And, that could be McCoy for all we know. I will let Shanny and Co. do the evaluating.

besides OL, what big needs are there? we are not gonna contend right now, and we dont need a TE, RB, WR right now immediately.. Our secondary is fine as it is and we might need 1 more LB and another DL but we need Oline help and we can use our other 5 picks on them

Archived