Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on 2010 Redskins

TGW21

I was watching NFL Network and Mike Mayock said that us and Shanny will win more games than the Broncos who won 8 last year. Thoughts on this? I think the Broncos have improved, so if Mayock says we will win more, that kinda leads to a Playoff birth. He also said the Skins will suprise a lot of people this year! :point2sky

With a decent offensive line, this team is definitely 8-8. The defense has been above average for years and still have some offensive talent. We need to get better on the offensive line but I have yet to see enough changes, even if we get a LT at the 4 spot. I hope Bruce and Shanny have something up their sleeve to get another starting guard and right tackle.

The Broncos are on the decline, now that teams can game-plan for them - much like Zorn's 2nd year. Remember, their defensive coordinator is Capt Vanilla. Either team will be pushing it to win 5 games, though the Broncs weak division makes that more possible.

This is the NFL, not the NHL or NBA. It doesn't take a team years and years to rebuild. It's possible to do it overnight. You just need the right combination of things.

So far, we've got a proven HC, and a roster purged of dead weight. So far, so good.

The NFL is such a volatile league you really can't predict anything. Generally there are about four awful teams every year that have no chance, but after those teams pretty much any team can make the playoffs with a favorable schedule, some breakout performances, and a lucky bounce or two. Our roster isn't built for sustained success but there is enough talent and now, good coaching to make a surprise run to 9-7 or 10-6.

Every year there's a handful of commentators who claim that the Skins (or a lot of other squads, for that matter) are going to be the "surprise" team, that "Quarterback X" is going to come in with a lot to prove, etc. But it seems that many times our record winds up being closer to what the majority of the conventional wisdom predicted for us.

I don't see next season being horrible and think we'll be close to 8-8. How satisfied people are with that will likely depend on how we get there and who we get there with. Getting to 8-8 with Messrs Campbell, Portis, and Moss leading the show would be a tremendous waste of time, IMO.

Am I the only one here who thinks we are a few players away with a coaches like Shanahan has brought in?? We need better QB play, A 'Reggie Bush type' threat out the backfield, a kick/punt returner, and couple more big ugly dudes.

You're not alone. Shanny is worth 6 more wins than in over his head Zorn.

Am I the only one here who thinks we are a few players away with a coaches like Shanahan has brought in?? We need better QB play, A 'Reggie Bush type' threat out the backfield, a kick/punt returner, and couple more big ugly dudes.

I'm right there with you too.

As a few others have said. I have no problem calling 8-8. You can't underestimate the importance of great coaching in this league which is what we have now. Shanny is good for 4 extra wins on pure coaching ability. We already have the defensive talent to compete with anybody, combine that with a decent offense that isn't a constant 3 and out, we will be in every game.

With a decent offensive line, this team is definitely 8-8. The defense has been above average for years and still have some offensive talent. We need to get better on the offensive line but I have yet to see enough changes, even if we get a LT at the 4 spot. I hope Bruce and Shanny have something up their sleeve to get another starting guard and right tackle.

I think we will be ok at Guard this year. Note I said "ok" not "good". Dock is average to decent, and Rinehart started to look pretty good before his injury. Our problem is complete lack of any talent at the Tackle spots. Especially LT, where we literally have nobody. I would be pretty happy if we got a LT in the 1st and a very good RT prospect in the 2nd.

Am I the only one here who thinks we are a few players away with the coaches Shanahan has brought in?? We need better QB play' date=' A 'Reggie Bush type' threat out the backfield, a kick/punt returner, and couple more big ugly dudes.[/quote']

So does every other team. Lol

This is a football team who had the worst coach in the NFL, the most predictable offense in the NFL, defenses knew our plays as soon as we lined up, the worst offensive line in the NFL, lost 1/4 of it's starting roster, and still played toe to toe with the best teams in the NFL, and should have beat many of them.

This team now has a very good coaching staff, will have a much better O-line, Shanahan always does, and will have a much better playbook, we will be healthy again and be well prepared to play any team. I expect the Redskins to be the 2010 surprise team and believe they have a much better shot at making the playoffs then many people think. This will be a much better team and they "can" make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

Archived