Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on 2010 Redskins

TGW21

i got us winning 6 or 7 games next year

we're essentially overhauling both sides of the ball, there's bound to be some growing pains early

we'll start to look better late, and hopefully carry that over to a strong 2011

this is more accurate. 7 games is what im thinking. we dont have the offensive firepower yet, and were banking on our defensive transition being smooth. too many question marks right now to be that optimistic.

remember, people were optimistic last year too about us winning 10 games.

i got us winning 6 or 7 games next year

we're essentially overhauling both sides of the ball, there's bound to be some growing pains early

90% of the team stayed together with a core that's been here 4-5 years now. They don't have any growing to do at all, all they needed was the right coach to have them prepared. Rookie coaches and QB's are taking their teams to conference championships, this team can make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

];7403097']This is the NFL' date=' not the NHL or NBA. It doesn't take a team years and years to rebuild. It's possible to do it overnight. You just need the right combination of things.

So far, we've got a proven HC, and a roster purged of dead weight. So far, so good.[/quote']

I'd add to that the addition of a proven GM that actually has evaluate talent. This team possibly has the potential to come out of nowhere with the right talent.

Our roster isn't built for sustained success but there is enough talent and now, good coaching to make a surprise run to 9-7 or 10-6.

Agreed. Shanhan may easily the difference between a 4-12 and 9-7 or 10-6. A lot of the games from a coaching standpoint were definitely :doh: and could have gone the other way.

guys, you realize in order to make the playoffs, we'd have to out perform the packers/vikings/cowboys/eagles/saints. all of these teams won at least 11 games last year, and if they all have the majority of their guys return, they wont be falling too far.

theres no chance in hell we win 11 games next year. its nice to think about and get excited about, but in reality, this team is not ready yet. its going to take some legit building blocks for us to reach those teams' status, which takes time.

90% of the team stayed together with a core that's been here 4-5 years now. They don't have any growing to do at all, all they needed was the right coach to have them prepared. Rookie coaches and QB's are taking their teams to conference championships, this team can make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

i was referring to the fact that they will have a new defense to learn, and a new offense to learn

i'm not buying into the playoff talk at all, i just dont see how it happens next season. now if it does, i'll accept it :silly:

Yeah, I'm saying no playoffs next season, and I think a lot of you guys are setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Yes, Zorn was a moron. Yes, I'm glad he's gone. But last season we had one of the easiest schedules in the league, this year, it's not nearly as soft. I'd say if we won more than 6 games, I'd be ecstatic.

If we pick up a rookie QB, get some OL help, we're still putting in a new offense and defense. We'll be dealing with rookie QB problems, rookie OL problems, new OL members (it takes time for them to gel, usually), and I don't think anybody should be EXPECTING more than 8 games. I'm not saying we're THAT far off, but at least I can still be happy with our improvement if we win 8, while lots of you guys are going to scream and cry and freak out if we aren't in the playoffs next season. Our schedule is brutal, that alone should ward some of you off of the playoff talk.

Home: Dallas Cowboys (11-5), New York Giants (8-8), Philadelphia Eagles (11-5), Green Bay Packers (11-5), Minnesota Vikings (12-4), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-13), Houston Texans (9-7), Indianapolis Colts (14-2)

Away: Dallas Cowboys (11-5), New York Giants (8-8), Philadelphia Eagles (11-5), Chicago Bears (7-9), Detroit Lions (2-14), St. Louis Rams (2-14), Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9), Tennessee Titans (8-8)

Yeah, I'm saying no playoffs next season, and I think a lot of you guys are setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Yes, Zorn was a moron. Yes, I'm glad he's gone. But last season we had one of the easiest schedules in the league, this year, it's not nearly as soft. I'd say if we won more than 6 games, I'd be ecstatic.

If we pick up a rookie QB, get some OL help, we're still putting in a new offense and defense. We'll be dealing with rookie QB problems, rookie OL problems, new OL members (it takes time for them to gel, usually), and I don't think anybody should be EXPECTING more than 8 games. I'm not saying we're THAT far off, but at least I can still be happy with our improvement if we win 8, while lots of you guys are going to scream and cry and freak out if we aren't in the playoffs next season. Our schedule is brutal, that alone should ward some of you off of the playoff talk.

Home: Dallas Cowboys (11-5), New York Giants (8-8), Philadelphia Eagles (11-5), Green Bay Packers (11-5), Minnesota Vikings (12-4), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-13), Houston Texans (9-7), Indianapolis Colts (14-2)

Away: Dallas Cowboys (11-5), New York Giants (8-8), Philadelphia Eagles (11-5), Chicago Bears (7-9), Detroit Lions (2-14), St. Louis Rams (2-14), Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9), Tennessee Titans (8-8)

jesus, 5/8 home games are against teams that had 11 wins last year? and their QBs are mcnabb/Romo sits to pee/p manning/favre/rodgers?

ouch.

Truth is none of us really know what to expect next season. Only thing I know is we'll most certainly win more than 4 games. We could go 6-10 or 10-6. None of us have a true idea what is going to happen.

Shannahan is going to get more out of these guys than we expect. It's possible that some of these player we think are worthless may surprise us and the league. We just don't know.

This league is year to year, game to game. Anything can and usually does happen. Saints were at the bottom of their division last year. Bengals went 4-11-1 last season and sweep their division this past season. How many games a team won last year doesn't carry as much weight as many of think. I'm going to keep an open mind about this. I'll stay realistic in my expectations. I think we'll have a much better season than the previous one

Truth is none of us really know what to expect next season. Only thing I know is we'll most certainly win more than 4 games. We could go 6-10 or 10-6. None of us have a true idea what is going to happen.

Shannahan is going to get more out of these guys than we expect. It's possible that some of these player we think are worthless may surprise us and the league. We just don't know.

This league is year to year, game to game. Anything can and usually does happen. Saints were at the bottom of their division last year. Bengals went 4-11-1 last season and sweep their division this past season. How many games a team won last year doesn't carry as much weight as many of think. I'm going to keep an open mind about this. I'll stay realistic in my expectations. I think we'll have a much better season than the previous one

saints and bengals have stuff that we dont. ya know.....stuff. lol

the bengals were 4-11 in big part because they were missing their most important offensive player.

saints and bengals have stuff that we dont. ya know.....stuff. lol

the bengals were 4-11 in big part because they were missing their most important offensive player.

Agreed. But I think it would be fair to say we were as well. The running game of Portis got us at least 6 of the 8 wins two years ago. Until he got banged up that season, we were a solid team. No running game all last season got us 4-12. A lot of that can be attributed to the O-line as well, but hate him or love him, Portis has carried this team on his legs. When his legs went...so did the team

];7403097']This is the NFL' date=' not the NHL or NBA. It doesn't take a team years and years to rebuild. It's possible to do it overnight. You just need the right combination of things.

So far, we've got a proven HC, and a roster purged of dead weight. So far, so good.[/quote']

The nba is an exact example of.a league where overnight rebuilds are possible...see the recent Celtic championship team , the pistons from a few yrs ago.. the heat once thy got shaq... very poor analogy sorry .

Am I the only one here who thinks we are a few players away with the coaches Shanahan has brought in?? We need better QB play, A 'Reggie Bush type' threat out the backfield, a kick/punt returner, and couple more big ugly dudes.

I agree we are a few key players away from being a playoff contender. Personally I think we need a guy like Javhid Best to complement Portis. (I know we signed LJ, but I'd prefer Best) 2 Tackles that can protect our QB. Then a QB. I think Jason can lead us to the playoffs, but I think a guy like Clausen or Bradford are franchise type QBs and will be way better longterm. I basically highlighted my plan in my sig.

If we could accomplish my sig, I think we could compete for a playoff spot next year.

Where are we better than the Bronco's? They are better at LT, receiver, RB, and the rest of the OL. Their back seven on D has comparable talent to ours, and you could argue either way on Dumerville vs Orakpo, although I'd take Rak 10/10 times. It seems like we are better at MLB, although Fletch is 35yo, TE, and DT with Haynesworth.

I'm not sure you can go down the rosters and think we are much more talented than they are, JMHO.

jesus, 5/8 home games are against teams that had 11 wins last year? and their QBs are mcnabb/Romo sits to pee/p manning/favre/rodgers?

ouch.

That's OK, as 3/4 of our away games, which are generally harder to win, are against teams that had 8 or fewer victories.

Archived