Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on 2010 Redskins

TGW21

Looking at the schedule, I can see the skins at 8 wins if they split their division games. The home, non-division schedule is pretty brutal. If somehow they can go 4-2 in the NFCE, there is a chance to get to 10 wins and sniff the playoffs.

just look at the teams in the NFC.

vikings with favre/AP

packers with rodgers

eagles with mcnabb/djax

cowboys with Romo sits to pee

saints with brees

whoever wins the NFC west

one of these teams would need to suffer a major injury at QB or just completely implode for us to make the playoffs. youd have to seriously convince yourself that we'd be a better team than one of these groups, and with their offensive firepower i dont think its possible.

only outside shot is if we magically become an offensive beast and mcnabb leaves philly and kolb sucks, we might surpass them. or maybe if Romo sits to pee misses games and the cowboys dont get to double digit wins.

and this isnt counting all of the other teams in the NFC that are generally very good (panthers, giants, falcons).

IMO, there isnt a chance in hell we make the playoffs next year.

well, heres how i see it:we have a new coach, and we're probably going to be calling different plays than we did the past 2 years, so it wil take 4 or 5 teams to catch on to what plays we like to call, so theres 4 or 5 wins EASILY. Plus theres 3 or 4 games we could win because of defensive plays that seal the game, so now we're looking at 7 wins so far. plus theres 3 games we could win because of special teams plays, so that gets us to a 10-6 record and a wildcard spot in the playoffs. in Mike and Kyles first year with the team!!! It could be done.

Archived